I used to think I will stan Kep1er but they're too bland for me

• I watch Girls Planet 999, and excited for their debut. But then, the group come out as the blandest group from mnet popular survival show. Their debut not that good and I still confused what is their real concept are. Then, the chemistry between the members for me look quite awkward too, but that probably just me,lol. And mnet make them joining Queendom kinda kill the buzz for their careers rather than help them. They're only here for 2.5 years but instead doing good promotion and releasing more music, here they're joining another survival show that can make people hate them more with the evil editing and sensitive fans. The rating of the show quite low too which not really worth it and most of the time, only their own fans who watch it more than the Gp who didn't really interested.

Not to mention their fans are more divided more than Izone used to be which surprised me especially with Bahiyyih and Hikaru. Overall, this group or probably their management lost much of hype that I used to have for them before their debut.

• I have to say that IZ*ONE fandoms did have some akgaes, but the fandom itself was actually pretty united and peaceful.

Kep1er on the other hand is a very talented group, but they don’t bring something new to the table such as IZ*ONE did.

IZ*ONE has this vibe which so far only groups with former IZ*ONE members were able to replicate.

• They really shouldn't have gone on Queendom right after debut. After ep2 literally everything I saw on twt was Kep1er getting dragged for their performance djkbsjb they clearly aren't as experienced as some other contestants, Viviz stans/Kep1ians have been going at it for days, etc, etc.

If they do end up winning they'll get dragged even more for Mnet favoritism, etc, etc. I feel like they have way more to lose by joining this show.

IZ*ONE is the best Produce group imo, I only really started following them like during Fiesta era but that group & their dynamic was really perfect. Their music is god-tier, their choreography & MVs are beautiful, the fandom is mostly unproblematic, they all ooze with star power & charisma, etc. And their whole presence brought something unique & interesting to KPOP, I didn't really fully realize this until they disbanded.

You had some problems between Sakura and Wonyoung stans due to the "rivalry" but all in all it was mostly really peaceful.

I don't get the same vibes from Kep1er that I do from IZ*ONE.

On the other hands from what I've seen being a Kep1er fan is pretty much Hiyyhlights vs Kep1ans. I literally see Hiyyih stans rooting for Kep1er to fail they're really Lisa stans 2.0. It's a constant battle :cryingr:

Also Wa Da Da just isn't good imo.

• I was really excited but I lost most hype after the final. the line up is too random for me, they don't mesh as a group the same way izone or other survival show groups did. kep1er feels like a group of individuals that were suddenly put together. I guess that's what you'll get if you let people vote for their bias without any input from actual producers. many members would fit another concept way better. Chaehyun shined in gp 999 but much less in wa da da. same with xiaoting and yeseo

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 2 times, last by lialve ().

• It was a waste of type putting them on queendom since their contract ends in 2 yo. They were doing fine doing well internationally and selling well. Stupid ass company.

I don’t care what people think Kep1er did their best, they’re a rookie group while some of these groups have been in the industry for a decade. People just want to drag them for fun.

Their debut album was good see the light and MVSK are one of my favorites b-sides. Wa da da was wack but people only stream TT when sometimes the b-sides are good.

The fandom is a mess I barely keep up with them on twitter.

If you’re not interested I mean it’s fine :wellr:

They’re still my queens

• I was really excited but I lost most hype after the final. the line up is too random for me, they don't mesh as a group the same way izone or other survival show groups did. kep1er feels like a group of individuals that were suddenly put together. I guess that's what you'll get if you let people vote for their bias without any input from actual producers. many members would fit another concept way better. Chaehyun shined in gp 999 but much less in wa da da. same with xiaoting and yeseo

That's what I'm saying maybe the people who rigged the past lineups were onto something

• putting them on queendom instead of having them prepare for a comeback was so stupid.

This! I already see a lot of their fans leaving the fandom due to lacks of content and toxicity while the group itself didn't attract new fans. Especially when a lot of new gg that more interesting like Lesserafim come out, I don't know how they will recover from this.

• This! I already see a lot of their fans leaving the fandom due to lacks of content and toxicity while the group itself didn't attract new fans. Especially when a lot of new gg that more interesting like Lesserafim come out, I don't know how they will recover from this.

The meltdown? Chile they will doing fine just because 4 fans are loud af doesn’t mean they will not grow

This might sound harsh but yeah, mnet know better which members suits the concept they want to give the most and which members having the best chemistry together. Kep1er line up by far the worst and mnet really proving to us that they're right. And I think that's why Kep1er didn't really have an identity or fix concept yet as everyone in that group giving different energy that suitable to different concept for each of them.

• People said this about IZ*One compared to IOI, and yet IZ*One still made a name for themselves

If anything Kep1er def has their own unique sound with their debut

It’s just nostalgia having people locked by the throat, and seeing new things as bad in comparison

• The meltdown? Chile they will doing fine just because 4 fans are loud af doesn’t mean they will not grow

I didn't say they will immediately go to nugu promoter, but they obviously lost their momentum now especially when other 4th gen gg giving fierce competition. The fact that they're not permanent group is the real reasons for this. Just by joining Queendom, they already lost a lot of time that left that they can used to promote the group better. And Idk if at this stage they able to gain new fans with no activities other than Queendom that no one really watch other than fans, and they debut songs was not received well. If they able to release bop next cb, then they'll be remember like Izone, but if not you know the answer.

• People are so exaggerate thinking them personally not being into the group is a reflection on the group itself or what it brings to the table

I understand the criticism of them being on Queendom, since they’re the least experienced amongst them, considering they debuted only a few months back. But getting on them for how the group as artist are, especially when again they’re so new, is unfair at best & messy at worst

And this is coming from someone who still feels like Yurina, Ruiqi, and/or Yaning should've been in it

Like I said before, people were very critical over IZ*One by making constant IOI comparisons, and so the cycle shifting with Kep1er isn’t surprising, but like IZ*One, Kep1er gonna make people eat their words

• I think if they've picked MVSK as debut song we wouldn't have those talks today

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People said this about IZ*One compared to IOI, and yet IZ*One still made a name for themselves

If anything Kep1er def has their own unique sound with their debut

It’s just nostalgia having people locked by the throat, and seeing new things as bad in comparison

Nah, people said IZ*ONE didn’t have the same talent as IOI.

I‘m talking about the vibe and you cannot deny that Kepi does not come close to IOI and IZ*ONE in that department.

I‘m not even being biased since I like kepi a lot more than IOI, I’m just saying that they don’t have the same appeal as their predecessors

• Noah fence but the reason izone felt so strong and cohesive as a group definitely had a lot to do with mnet rigging the lineup :cryingr: It’s a shame that produce 48 is now viewed as a scam for essentially stealing money from people; if there had been no monetary fraudulence involved, izone’s legacy as legit one of the best kpop groups created from the past decade would’ve been much less tainted.

Kepler’s music producers throwing them to the wolves with a song like wadada also doesn’t help their case :sweatr: So we have a group that lacks cohesiveness, members don’t really gel, styling/packaging is nothing special, and the music is a dud. Let’s hope that the future will change things for them and they find a real identity and stick to it

So damn true.

This is why i still dont agree with the massive outcry regarding the rigging scandals. Let's face it, the GP has no idea how to put a top notch group together. And no company with a brain cell is going to invest millions in developing and debuting a group where rando joe schmoe is gonna be in charge of literally the most important component: the members. This would be like Spielberg running a dumb TW poll to select the stars for his next 200 million dollar blockbuster :rolleyes: .

Survival shows should be about entertainment and the thrill of reality show drama mixed with the suspense of elimination. Let the producers that get paid big bucks do the actual selection of the final members.

The rumors i read had Chowon and an older girl as being rigged out of Izone in favor of Yuri and Chaewon. But look at Yuri and Chaewon, imagine if the GP got its way, we would have never seen them blow up as Izone favorites and now accomplished soloists and GG leaders.

• So damn true.

This is why i still dont agree with the massive outcry regarding the rigging scandals. Let's face it, the GP has no idea how to put a top notch group together. And no company with a brain cell is going to invest millions in developing and debuting a group where rando joe schmoe is gonna be in charge of literally the most important component: the members. This would be like Spielberg running a dumb TW poll to select the stars for his next 200 million dollar blockbuster :rolleyes: .

Survival shows should be about entertainment and the thrill of reality show drama mixed with the suspense of elimination. Let the producers that get paid big bucks do the actual selection of the final members.

yes it would be nice if they did something similar with sixteen. Letting producers decide but while looking at votes too. In sixteen basically the most popular contestants debuted even if jyp chose the line up

• i don't even remember what their debut song sounded like, ig it was that forgettable

Refresh yourself on a literal SOTY contender X(

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Refresh yourself on a literal SOTY contender X(

thanks for reminding me of that chorus that I could barely get thru

:pepe-cross:

I agree. Hope this is just their concept and that Wake One makes some changes for the next comeback. I really like the girl's personalities and I enjoyed their debut EP, I even learned the entire dance for Wa Da Da. I am not a fan of that concept though. It's kinda.. funky

• I have to admit (and this might come across as a little mean) but they’re also kinda pushing some of the less charismatic members when they literally have a stan attractor like Hiyyih and not giving her any lines.

It’s kinda stupid tbh.

• I have to admit (and this might come across as a little mean) but they’re also kinda pushing some of the less charismatic members when they literally have a stan attractor like Hiyyih and not giving her any lines.

It’s kinda stupid tbh.

Bahi isn’t the most charismatic member I don’t know why she should be pushed. Dayeon is doing a good job and she deserves her spotlight 🤷‍♀️ Chaehyun and Youngeun are the best vocalists of the group

• Bahi isn’t the most charismatic member I don’t know why she should be pushed. Dayeon is doing a good job and she deserves her spotlight 🤷‍♀️ Chaehyun and Youngeun are the best vocalists of the group

Honestly, as someone who casually likes Kepi (and I believe a casual audience is what they need) Youngeun does nothing for me. Dayeon is alright but I think Hikaru and Hiyyih have much more natural charisma imo.

• Yeah, going on Queendom was a bad idea, Viviz stans have been dragging them continuously even though it's been over 4 days already

Wait, why are viviz stans dragging Kep1er?

Anyway, I like Kep1er's music, not really interested in stanning them but they'll be one of those groups I check out some times.

• Wait, why are viviz stans dragging Kep1er?

Anyway, I like Kep1er's music, not really interested in stanning them but they'll be one of those groups I check out some times.

The contestants were forced to pick a group with worst performance and 3 teams picked Viviz. While others are not getting backlash for it, Kep1er reasoning and the way they said it is getting them backlash as Sinb seemed quite upset with it.

yeah but I've seen other queendom fans criticizing their behavior and saying their performance was lackluster more than Viviz fans

Viviz stans are attacking more about their mannerisms, although I understand that they were upset seeing Viviz reaction but they were forced to pick someone so Kep1er had no choice and they probably got nervous when asked for the reason, I don't think they were making fun of Viviz.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!