[enter-talk] Isn’t Idol Album Waste Too Severe?

• The inflation of physical albums have been so severe lately Just for an idol group that has the minimum amount of recognition will sell between 50K-100K copies
    and for an idol group that is doing well, they'd be selling anywhere between 500K-1M copies
    They drove the industry to this point, but all they do is keep the photocard and throw everything else away

The waste of materials and pollution is just so severe
    Are there really no way of solving this issue? ㅠㅠ

For 'my bias' buying tens of albums becoming problematic.... Is it impossible to fangirl sustainably?

post response:
    [+432][-320]
    original post: here

1. [+431, -5]
    Even if you get rid of those albums sales lineup (t/n: fans lining up albums sales of a certain group so that the albums can line up in records ie) first album lowest sales, next albums higher, next album higher, etc.), unreleased photocards (t/n: benefits photocards that comes with the album but aren't part of the actual albums photocards, so you can only buy them either through pre-sales or other buying events) and album unboxing, you will only be able to reduce the inflation of physical albums by half

2. [+401, -5]
    It's true that we need to change the composition of what an album is. Nowadays, the inflation of physical albums have became so severe that most of the idol fans are forced to do the same. I know that some people will personally rather not do it, but it's easy to get swayed with the trend

3. [+241, -2]
    They need to cut it down sending those albums to nurseriesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Who are we supposed to thank? They're just disposing trashㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What annoys me the most is that fans still genuinely think that they're doing something good

4. [+117, -0]
    I feel like it'll be useful to do it like in the US, where do matter how many copies you buy, if you get over 4 copies, above that, it wouldn't influence the final score. And they should also apply the same limit for fansigns, even if you buy over 4 copies, you wouldn't get more chances to enter the fansigns, this should be how luck applies. I wonder if this will resolve the inflation at least by a bit? But I feel like there's no way that they will apply this kind of process

5. [+99, -1]
    Seriously I hope they change this soon. There's a limit to distributing your albums around, and there's nothing fun in receiving free albums reallyㅠㅠ If you want to donate this bad, you can just donate to the foundation directly, which will be so much more impactful and meaningful. Seriously this is just an expensive trash that will end up harming environment even more. I really hope they change albums to simply USBs or something

Source : https://pann-choa.blogspot.com…ols-albums-waste-too.html

• Personally I haven’t bought any albums since 2019. DFTF, Kai albums nothing. It’s like one fine day I woke up and I was like what am I doing.

I’m okay with ppl buying one or two copies to display on their shelves. But the whole mass buying more than you need? Like dozens and dozens of copies? Eye-

Like what is the rationale even if you love oppa or unnie I don’t understand how people can spend their own money that way. What is the gratification?

• I only buy one copy because I could care less about photocards, but I'm okay with buying one of each edition because it can be quite aesthetically pleasing on a shelf (and lord knows I've gone out of my way to purchase the same editions of books so the spines match so I can't even judge there.)

I just don't get photocards man. Just buy the ones you want off ebay or some shit.

• That's why I don't take album sales seriously....fans always brag about album sales...but what is the point if it is just obsessed fans mass buying albums they don't need and creating these arbitrary records that they have to break every comeback. There is so much waste!

• That's why I don't take album sales seriously....fans always brag about album sales...but what is the point if it is just obsessed fans mass buying albums they don't need and creating these arbitrary records that they have to break every comeback. There is so much waste!

Streaming is also easily manipulated. Perhaps more so between play listing, mass streaming and ads. I do think album sales which translates to money is a very good indication of the success of a group. How much money a group makes is ofc something that should be considered for whether they’re successful or not. But that’s a separate conversation Kek.

• Streaming is also easily manipulated. Perhaps more so between play listing, mass streaming and ads. I do think album sales which translates to money is a very good indication of the success of a group. How much money a group makes is ofc something that should be considered for whether they’re successful or not. But that’s a separate conversation Kek.

Of course, that's why the companies are doing everything they can to manipulate fans to buy more albums they don't need, which is very unethical. I get that business is business and fans can do whatever they want with their money, but I wish the industry didn't have to fuel this toxic mentality and behavior further. consider the environmental impact. Just sell photobooks or photocard sets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!