Song that led to a group losing their momentum?

• one of their best song but it was the song who end their popularity in korea

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• TWICE’s Feel Special/MORE&MORE, after those songs any of their follow releases were able to become big hits in Korea. Pretty sure any of them has been able to surpass 400M digital points in Gaon.

• External Content m.youtube.com

JYPig set them up

• red velvet rbb

why not zimzalabim? that song actually charted pretty good for a weird song (5-10 on real time melon for 1 or 2 weeks) and umpah umpah also didnt chart that bad (10-20 on real time melon for several weeks)

and they regained their momentum with psycho.

ah, suddenly i remember in 2019 majority akp users said that itzy and maybe everglow would surpass red velvet lol

• that one gfriend song after their hits in korea, i forgot the name but probably you guys know which one I am talking about if you've been around for long

“Fingertip”. To this day I don’t understand why because that song was a banger. Sure it was a different concept for them, but it was still a trendy sound at the time

• External Content m.youtube.com

JYPig set them up

Itzy's best title, fight me. :pepe-cowboy:

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Mafia In the Morning- Itzy

Power Up- Red Velvet (but then they got it back)

I'm So Hot- Momoland

TBH RV has seemingly lost momentum at multiple points but then they come back and everything's fine.

One of these Nights flopped, Russian Roulette killed it.

RBB, ZZB, and Umpah Umpah flopped all in a row, but Psycho roared back.

Then they took a hiatus and Queendom is performing well, it might outchart Peek a Boo.

Also Power Up is one of their bigger songs, not sure why people think it flopped in Korea.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Time for the moon night did do well but this may have caused long term damage

TWICE’s Feel Special/MORE&MORE, after those songs any of their follow releases were able to become big hits in Korea. Pretty sure any of them has been able to surpass 400M digital points in Gaon.

They lost their hype after more&more

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

I feel like BAAM was less of a turn for their worse versus Bboom Bboom just being a one-off.

You have to actually have a string of hits to truly be on top then go down hill.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• External Content www.youtube.com

ahh i really liked baam, what a pity

(BTW it wasn't the song itself that caused T-ARA to lose their momentum after Day by Day but rather the bullying allegations from Hwayoung against the other members that came after the song's release 😐)

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

omg i went to listen to baam again seeing this and it's so good...

• that one gfriend song after their hits in korea, i forgot the name but probably you guys know which one I am talking about if you've been around for long

Upon reading the title of this thread, I knew that GFriend was going to be the first artist brought up.

It is also interesting to note that every artist mentioned in this thread so far has been a girl group (with the exception of EXO).

• Upon reading the title of this thread, I knew that GFriend was going to be the first artist brought up.

It is also interesting to note that every artist mentioned in this thread so far has been a girl group (with the exception of EXO).

I think that's owed to the fact most ggs rely on korea. But korea though is unpredictable,they can drop a group as fast as they began to love it. So when the ggs switch to a concept unusual to what Korea would like, they drop them. At the same time, if they don't have a good and stable international fandom then it's game over for them.

While boy groups rely on their fandoms so with or without the support of korea,they will keep doing well due to their fandoms supporting them through whatever concept change they go through

One of my fave gfriend's songs beyond me just liking retro songs they did it dirty ;(

And let's not talk about queen MAGO getting scraps all because gf lost their hype

• Why do you name these two songs? What's the before and difference impact on the groups?

I just felt that both groups lost a lot of casual listeners and hype after these songs.

And exo was ridiculed a lot even by international fans for releasing this song they changed their whole image with this song.

• red velvet rbb

why not zimzalabim? that song actually charted pretty good for a weird song (5-10 on real time melon for 1 or 2 weeks) and umpah umpah also didnt chart that bad (10-20 on real time melon for several weeks)

and they regained their momentum with psycho.

ah, suddenly i remember in 2019 majority akp users said that itzy and maybe everglow would surpass red velvet lol

Yeah, it was certain antis and certain other-company stans that were shouting the hardest how so many other groups would surpass RV, anything to shade and put RV down X/

Mafia In the Morning- Itzy

Power Up- Red Velvet (but then they got it back)

I'm So Hot- Momoland

momentum is rarely lost because of songs and mostly due to lack of activities and idol's attractiveness. But two songs that come to mind are gfriend finger tip and red velvet power up.

What MassiveKpopFan already said, Power Up did pretty good, even awesome: it had quite some music show wins, Power Up even gained the only PAK, Perfect All-Kill, for an SM group back then.

People only expected it to have the same longevity as Red Flavor did, which it didn't - but that doesn't mean that the song did bad at all if it wasn't a Red Flavor 2.

Really Bad Boy was actually the start of the turnover. The song didn't do well at all.

Unfortunately, cause the song is a great performance song, the RBB performances are fun to watch.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Mamamoo - Aya / WAWN

TWICE - Feel Special

SNSD - You Think

ITZY - Icy

KARA - Damaged Lady

I don't think you think is a good example

because SNSD released You think as a double title track with Lion heart

and Lion heart did very well while you think didn't do well

if you think was the moment snsd lost momentum, lion heart wouldn't have do well too

You think was just overshadow by Lion heart who was more fitted for GP, it's not an example of losing momentum

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I just felt that both groups lost a lot of casual listeners and hype after these songs.

And exo was ridiculed a lot even by international fans for releasing this song they changed their whole image with this song.

So no they didn’t lose momentum? Just that you perceived they lost fans? When universe Tempo and LS each have like 500mil digital points and charted for months on Gaon and love shot and tempo both crossed 100mil streams on Spotify and LS will cross 500mil on YouTube? EXO literally had their most successful comeback after power.

Y’all be saying anything lol.

• True, but You Think was the first release where an SNSD song did actually mediocre on charts.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• It is also interesting to note that every artist mentioned in this thread so far has been a girl group (with the exception of EXO).

Now that you've point it out, it's hard not to notice and it's kind of funny. It's not like BGs just manage to go up in popularity forever and ever. No one does. Eventually, things will plateau out, and even if it's a high plateau or it takes a long time to get there, no one artist remains the most popular artist of the moment forever.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• This thread contains 40 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!