Am i the only one who thinks aespa has little individuality?

• Hi, this is my first topic. Karina, Winter and Giselle look exactly the same to me. Only NingNing is interesting to watch. Their whole universe building concept is so amazing from sm that i am interested in them but It's hard to develop interest over the members. 3/4 of the members are lacking the spark. All other big 3 ggs have such strong individuality compared to aespa. It's just my personal opinion. Anyone concur with me?

• I do understand your point, but i think you could've phrased it better?

I don't have a problem with it, in the beginning of my blink era (their debut days) i didn't know who was Jisoo and who was Jennie, but now it's crystal clear the difference. This isn't lack of individuality, this is bc they are new and have "little" content so it's like you aren't familiarized with them.

• Not being able to tell them apart is a you problem though. They don't even look alike.

• if you have trouble differentiating 4 members apart then imagine how you would be with nct :pepe-sad:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I can tell them apart but I agree they look similar and lack individuality. When they first debuted, it felt like they were missing a few members, something felt like it was missing. But blackpink also only has 4 members, but they all have very different images, even when they were rookies. I don't think being new has something to do with not having individuality tbh.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• wait what

how do they even look remotely similar?

• I don’t think they look particularly alike, although I do agree NingNing stands out the most. As for them ‘lacking’ a spark, I think that’s probably subjectively interpreted…or seeming defined as individuals, I think that’s more to do with them being new on the scene and being young, so probably not having as much confidence in (or even maybe actively not wanting to) show their personalities. It’s not something I’ve noticed much, personally. However, I do think that as they continue, they will show more of themselves and settle into a position where they feel more confident and comfortable generally. I think that tends to be the case for most new groups.

• SM is really controlling them though. Reminds me of how YG controls BP. All other groups freely interact with other idols, do covers, talk about other groups' songs and members, etc. The only times i've seen them interact is with SM sunbaenim and that gets boring and limited.

I dont see Aespa doing much fanservice stuff like Enozicam, Time to Twice, etc. Which means it's hard to get to really know their personalities.

Or maybe they have, and i just havent come across it on YT???

• LOL none of them look alike, aespa members are one of the easiest GG to differenciate each member from each other

and i completely agree, each one of them have their one individuality

Karis is the cold visual who's shy

ningning is more the sexy cutie

Giselle is the tomboyish easygoing personality of the group

and Winter is the feminine yet savage personality of Aespa

if you think they lack individuality it's just that you didn't take the time to watch their content

the group i don't stan , lack individuality to me because i didn't took more time trying to learn about the members and their content

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Eh? It's only four people though who don't look alike at all other than being girls? I mean I don't know all of the members of Twice by name and don't follow their music but I can look and think "that girl looks different than that other girl."

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• well when they debuted i have difficulty telling winter and giselle apart but over time that's become a non issue from me...

watch more of their content that they do have and slowly you might warm up to them

(or not) since if you don't find their personalities appealing or whatever then maybe they aren't the right grouo to you

• Eh? It's only four people though who don't look alike at all other than being girls? I mean I don't know all of the members of Twice by name and don't follow their music but I can look and think "that girl looks different than that other girl."

You are super correct, but the fact that you stan NCT makes it more funny kkkkkkk

• You are super correct, but the fact that you stan NCT makes it more funny kkkkkkk

I keep joking that there's only a finite amount of room in my brain (12 original members of EXO + 23 NCT members) and no room for any more people. I'm going to be screwed when the new NCT unit debuts. ^^

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• i don't think they look the same/alike but watching two behind the scenes videos (what's in your beg and reaction on savage mv) i do think they have the same vibe. all three are reserved and ningning's personality stands out, she's cute, bubbly, and funny. maybe that's what you meant?

• SM is really controlling them though. Reminds me of how YG controls BP. All other groups freely interact with other idols, do covers, talk about other groups' songs and members, etc. The only times i've seen them interact is with SM sunbaenim and that gets boring and limited.

I dont see Aespa doing much fanservice stuff like Enozicam, Time to Twice, etc. Which means it's hard to get to really know their personalities.

Or maybe they have, and i just havent come across it on YT???

It is never get boring seeing them and other sm artists interaction, hence we even wish for more lol

• Don't remind me :pepewash: the way I'm preparing myself for a new unit.. putting my brain to work kkkkk

When I first looked at NCT's live performance, I could only distinguish Taeyong's face. :teeheek: Now I know most of the NCT 127 members, but if you ask the other members from the units, I still don't know much. :pepe-peek: I think Aespa is an easily remembered and individually strong group. Ningning and Karina draw my attention the most in live performances.

• When I first looked at NCT's live performance, I could only distinguish Taeyong's face. :teeheek: Now I know most of the NCT 127 members, but if you ask the other members from the units, I still don't know much. :pepe-peek: I think Aespa is an easily remembered and individually strong group. Ningning and Karina draw my attention the most in live performances.

Just 127? Weeeeeak kkkkk as i like NCT since 2016 it was easy to understand their whole concept and everything so like it was a little difficult to distinguish each other and learn their names, but it was like a 1 month thing bc i kept up with their yt content kkkk

About Aespa NingNing and Giselle draw my attention since BM. I love Giselle visual and her overall aura and NingNing voice is so charming and she is soooo pretty!

• I do understand your point, but i think you could've phrased it better?

I don't have a problem with it, in the beginning of my blink era (their debut days) i didn't know who was Jisoo and who was Jennie, but now it's crystal clear the difference. This isn't lack of individuality, this is bc they are new and have "little" content so it's like you aren't familiarized with them.

But BP have Lisa

• I don’t think they look particularly alike, although I do agree NingNing stands out the most. As for them ‘lacking’ a spark, I think that’s probably subjectively interpreted…or seeming defined as individuals, I think that’s more to do with them being new on the scene and being young, so probably not having as much confidence in (or even maybe actively not wanting to) show their personalities. It’s not something I’ve noticed much, personally. However, I do think that as they continue, they will show more of themselves and settle into a position where they feel more confident and comfortable generally. I think that tends to be the case for most new groups.

I vote this for Best Answer, although I also agree with @BlackpinkHouse's observation.

To answer your question, OP, I don't think they look similar. They all look different. Personality-wise, I haven't seen all their content since I'm only a casual listener but I feel like Giselle and Winter are more comfortable in expressing themselves. Giselle's obviously a fun gal (just look at her yearbook quote LOL) and pre-debut Winter likes to make meme-worthy faces. NingNing and Karina seemed a bit more reserved to me, especially Karina, but maybe that's because she's the leader. Even Suho and Xiumin (my biases) weren't that noticeable at first in EXO since they let the other members shine. Not to mention they have Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the biggest crackheads.

They felt a bit like BP at the start for me, maybe because of how their company strictly controls their image. But BP is obviously full of introverts who are more comfortable showing their personalities now (especially Lisa, who seldom talks in their interviews when she can also speak in English). Jisoo is the funniest and a smart unnie, Jennie and Rosé are sometimes more reserved but can be sarcastic and have dry humor, and Lisa is obviously their chaotic maknae.

Give it time; they're still young and being in the spotlight is hard. Don't forget that even Joy still had an SM staff with her who writes everything that happened in Showterview with Jessie.

• As a stan who always keeps a track of their bubble messages, I do see some individuality in them. Since most of the non-mys don't get the specific viral contents for their personality I feel that it is possible for anyone to not find their individual characteristics.

Once they have some viral personality content spreading here and there I am sure we will get the clear persona of them.

And about visuals-

I am over that phase that I get confused b/w members to look similar in any kpop-group.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!