DIA member might go to jail after making false SA accusation against ceo

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• oh shit

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

So this CEO was having sex with Somyi and then when he would not break up with his real girlfriend she tried to claim sexual assault?

According to the article, there's other evidence too, like the agency CEO having an affair with the former idol... "The prosecution, which integrated evidence such as CCTV footage and mobile messenger conversations, concluded that there was no attempted rape and shifted the investigation to A's unintentional crime charges. Ultimately, the prosecution considered that there was no forcible sexual assault attempt by the agency CEO and charged A with unintentional crime, believing that A had an intention. As evidence, A submitted CCTV footage showing her calmly walking out of the office and walking around inside, as well as hugging the CEO affectionately. The prosecution believes that A harbored resentment after demanding that the CEO break up with his girlfriend and being rejected."

• Isn't she the one who became a BJ and got dragged for it?

Haven't heard news about her in years, sad that this is why we finally hear about her.

• mbk ceo is a nasty man

so she could be saying the true

Does the article specify what CEO? I don't think it is MBK related.

Well the CEO is not innocent either :pepe-toilet:

Yes, creating on his girlfriend is not nice and he should be exposed for that.

Another thing, just because they call him a CEO, it does not mean he was her boss, maybe it was just some rich guy that contacted her in her 'justforfans' website.

I do not know Korean law, but in America if there is a Manager to subordinate relationship, the manager is who gets punished the most by the law (unless they tell human resources and follow company policy).

• At least probation or hefty fine but a prison sentence that’s kinda harsh. Sis should have let bygones be bygones but now she is going to be spending one year in the slammer smhhh

• I mean... It's totally possible that that happened. And a person can sexually assault a romantic partner... SK doesn't have a great track record for tending to sexual assault cases.... I'll reserve judgment...

• At least probation or hefty fine but a prison sentence that’s kinda harsh. Sis should have let bygones be bygones but now she is going to be spending one year in the slammer smhhh

Character assassination is very serious imo. It can completely ruin careers and after the truth comes out, that person may never be in the same position. So yes, falsely accusing someone of SA should definitely have jail time. Its not like accusing someone of stealing your car, SA has a huge social stigma attached to it, and from the article, it sounds like Somyi knew exactly what she was doing and accused him to ruin his image.

I think it depends. I have seen men who have spent like five years or a decade plus in jail after being falsely accused of rape. In a situation like that, where a man has lost a huge chunk of his life to a false allegation, no...a fine and probation does not seem like a reasonable response. I'm not sure how harshly SK actually punishes rapists though, and this seems like she is getting hasher treatment than most rapists get there.

Additionally, false accusations are actually very rare, and I think something like this sets a precedence where people who actually have been sexually assaulted will be more hesitant to come out in fear that they won't be able to prove themselves and may get punished instead of the accused.

Overall, the fact the justice system is so unreliable and corrupt is the reason why there is such confusion and unfairness that can make victims out of the accusers and the accused.

If she was telling the truth, I hope she is somehow able appeal this. Like, it hurts my heart to think about what happened to DIA, her turning to sex work, possibly being raped, and then getting punished for speaking up. And if that IS what happened, I hope the CEO rots in the lowest part of hell.

If she actually did lie though,...she gets what she deserves imo. :wellr:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Well... I have heard one family member of mine once say that people who make false SA accusations deserve jail...

They are correct. Because those false accusations can and do ruin the lives on innocent people. Even after being proven innocent their reputation is ruined .plus it makes real victims look bad

• interesting

not sure about SK false accusatory laws but such prosecutions would be rare down under...

also it's interesting to read the above comments that even AFTER a conviction people are still doubting whether she even made a false accusation...

If the CEO got convicted of rape would people also claim hang on a minute maybe she made a false accusation??? or would people ACCEPT such a judgment

why is it different in this situation? we know the criminal justice system isn't perfect but does that mean we distrust every conviction that occurs or only when such convictions are contrary to our sense of morals and ethics???

• Does the article specify what CEO? I don't think it is MBK related.

It says it happened in January of last year, with her agency's CEO. Do "BJs" have agencies? I'm confused.

Does it surprise you that people don't trust S. Korea's judicial system?

• If she really did falsely accuse him of rape then she deserves some time behind bars. Shouldn’t be able to ruin another person life with lies like that.

• Does it surprise you that people don't trust S. Korea's judicial system?

interesting question

how many of us actually know the SK judicial system?

how many of us know our country's legal systems?

how many of us are basing it on tangently kpop related information?

I said I understand that no legal system (SK or otherwise) is perfect but does that mean we should cast doubt on each judgment handed down by a court because our judgment differs to the result?

• We've seen plenty of evidence of how it tends to work, with examples directly related to Kpop and also examples that are not. People post about the country's crazy legal judgments all the time.

• We've seen plenty of evidence of how it tends to work, with examples directly related to Kpop and also examples that are not. People post about the country's crazy legal judgments all the time.

ahhh evidence I mean the evidence that we get is from public sources that the media or interested parties release...

it's the evidence that we get as the public - again how many of us are privy to what actually occurs during a trial?

how do we know whether such evidence is admissible? heresay? whether witnesses are credible? whether there is counter-evidence (is that a word???)

are you claiming that your judgment based on the evidence you received is more accurate than the evidence actually presented during a trial? what if my judgment based on the evidence I receive differs from yours? are you more right than me or vice versa??? isn't that why we have trials and judges and lawyers and so forth?

again I say I understand that the system is not perfect but it's the best system that we have???

• You took "evidence" too literally. I wasn't referring to the evidence of the case itself, I meant that time and time again we've seen people receive sentences that are either too harsh or too lenient based on what they did, or the judgment appears to have some questionable bias involved, biases that I can only assume are grounded in Korean culture somehow. The actual evidence of these cases is somewhat moot considering the examples I'm thinking of are all people who've already been found guilty by the court.

Over here, we've had high-profile court cases where most of the evidence was presented publicly and people still disagreed with the entire outcome, so I know no one's legal system is perfect.

• You took "evidence" too literally. I wasn't referring to the evidence of the case itself, I meant that time and time again we've seen people receive sentences that are either too harsh or too lenient based on what they did, or the judgment appears to have some questionable bias involved, biases that I can only assume are grounded in Korean culture somehow. The actual evidence of these cases is somewhat moot considering the examples I'm thinking of are all people who've already been found guilty by the court.

Over here, we've had high-profile court cases where most of the evidence was presented publicly and people still disagreed with the entire outcome, so I know no one's legal system is perfect.

sorry if I misunderstood my friend

but isn't that the law my friend? someone (maybe you or someone else above) mentioned Seungri - who got 18 months...I don't know SK laws I don't know what their sentencing laws regarding that kind of crime is but does that mean we get to impose our own judgment as to what WE think he should've gotten? there are so many factors to consider that we as the public and the western public at that are privy to...for example I know one mitagating factor down under (and I'm pretty sure in most western countries) is if it's your first offence you get a slightly reduced sentence.

Maybe there were other facts involved maybe and even I can admit that he might be privileged and got better deal solely because he's seungri from BB but that isn't unique to SK - that power and privilege and being rich and successful is symptomatic of every situation across the world

where are you from again my friend? US?

• Seungri would have gotten even less time in the United States. Most sentences for a first-time conviction involving prostitution are up to 6 months of prison and/or a fine.

What sort of conviction involving prostitution are you referring to? Because he didn't prostitute himself (as far as we know.) There are different penal codes for pimping depending on the jurisdiction, but one thing they all have in common is it's considered a felony that can net you YEARS in prison (along with becoming a registered sex offender.) The exact length of the potential sentence depends on the state.

In Florida for example, profiting from proceeds earned through prostitution is a second-degree felony with a punishment of up to 15 years in prison, a $10,000 fine, or both. If the person has a prior criminal record, it elevates the crime to a first-degree offense, where you can face up to 30 years in prison, a $10,000 fine, or both. Cross a state line with the person you're prostituting and you can look forward to an even longer sentence.

This is all without even mentioning his embezzlement charges, another felony.

• Yes, I'm American.

While it's true that the rich & famous often get to abuse their power all over the world, there have also been some pretty disturbingly lenient sentences for some other Korean criminals, particularly sex offenders, who weren't even famous. Take Cho Doo-soon for example.

• Additionally, false accusations are actually very rare, and I think something like this sets a precedence where people who actually have been sexually assaulted will be more hesitant to come out in fear that they won't be able to prove themselves and may get punished instead of the accused.

I’m pretty sure that you won’t get punished because there wasn’t enough evidence to prove that the accused was guilty. They will just drop the case

There are also situations were victims had a distorted memory of events (happens especially when people are under the influence of substances etc) in that case you won’t get punished either, they drop the case.

You only get charged for False Accusations if there is evidence that you intentionally lied. Which makes it a rare case as well.

• Yes, I'm American.

While it's true that the rich & famous often get to abuse their power all over the world, there have also been some pretty disturbingly lenient sentences for some other Korean criminals, particularly sex offenders, who weren't even famous. Take Cho Doo-soon for example.

then we have similar??? legal systems (maybe lol)

I'm not familiar with that situation was it part burning sun or something else

• Seungri would have gotten even less time in the United States. Most sentences for a first-time conviction involving prostitution are up to 6 months of prison and/or a fine.

A federal sex trafficking conviction would not get a sentence that light. That's minimum of 10 years plus all the other charges charges they would have gotten him with

Popper-of-Ks

superyeah

although I'm not familiar with the US legal system but wasn't there the high profile case of Brock Turner and didn't he only get like a year or something as punishment?

yeah but something like that would be up to state and judge discretion. Said judge nearly got recalled and was voted out of office immediately after it happened.

Pretty much everything Seungri did would be considered a federal crime here. Mandatory minimums

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• This thread contains 79 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!