This week LE SSERAFIM proved the best response to hate is to just keep winning

• The amount of hate LSF received the past week was excessive and malicious. It was a hate campaign motivated by jealousy and a desire to tear down a girl group that was clearly on the come up and about to reach the next tier of success.

But all the encore shaming in the world didn't work.

LSF got their first Billboard Hot 100 entry while also achieving career best numbers on Spotify, and that's with Source making them do a Monday release for some reason, losing 4 days of tracking that would've significantly boosted their Hot 100 ranking.

It pleases me greatly to see them rise above all the insignificant haters who tried in vain to take them down.

And damn, they really did make it look easy 8)

• Ok let’s wait a minute. No one hated the song. I’d say the song was well-received like everything LSFM released.

But you can separate, dragging the girls because they VISIBLY looked terrified of singing without auto-tune versus most people enjoying the finished vocally processed product they put out.

To act like they’re received excessive hate or like kpop fans just made up a scandal out of thin air to hate on the girls is ludicrous.

They got rightfully dragged for sounding bad and that’s the end of it. People need to chill with the victim complexes. This isn’t an example of an evil conspiracy to hate on a group. A group performed bad and people talked about it. Congrats on the song doing well, it’s a good song and it should. That doesn’t change the reality of the bad encore stage :/. Both are worthy of talking about.

• My favorite pass time is watching fearnot’s poppin off after all the hate.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Honestly, hater’s almost ruined the comeback for me, I couldn’t enjoy any of their content without seeing hateful comments but glad the girls are reaching new heights and continuing with their success. I don’t know how other fandoms deal with this amount of hate.

• To act like they’re received excessive hate or like kpop fans just made up a scandal out of thin air to hate on the girls is ludicrous.

They got rightfully dragged for sounding bad and that’s the end of it. People need to chill with the victim complexes. This isn’t an example of an evil conspiracy to hate on a group. A group performed bad and people talked about it. Congrats on the song doing well, it’s a good song and it should. That doesn’t change the reality of the bad encore stage :/. Both are worthy of talking about.

Ludicrous?? You have been BLIND or haven't been paying attention to twitter. There's a fine line between criticism versus hate.

There's literally trending tweets calling them druggies, nugus, and flops. You could not avoid the countless posts dragging them

• The more hate, the more attention they get, and the more popular a group or idol gets.

The only time that it doesn't is when an idol does something morally or culturally repulsive.

• The vocals wasn’t even the start of the hate train. They got hate for literally everything. Kazuah lifting her leg, them “dancing in a church” for Easy MV, Chaewon and Sakura mentioning their waist size, Chaewon taking supplements, Eunchae dancing in Smart, and the funniest was them wearing UGG boots lol.

You talking about victim complex when the only people victimizing themselves are the haters claiming le sserafim’s every move is offending them. At some point, a lot of y’all were just in echo chambers.

Now the vocals, I don’t disagree cus they need to get it together, but everything else was just foolishness, malicious and hateful.

• Don't be an idiot.

They received relentless, excessive hate for an entire week, and the only thing that's ludicrous is to pretend like that hate was all legitimate critique from unbiased consumers who are all suddenly vocal experts.

Twitter, reddit and beyond were filled with nothing but LSF hate posts, sometimes over the most insignificant things, like Kazuha lifting her leg in a song called Swan Song, and you're really in here trying to claim people are just victim cosplaying?

What rock do you even live under? PLENTY of people bashed Easy, and even more people attacked the girls individually. I can only suspect you were a part of that mob, given your burning desire to defend their ugly behavior.

• I mean, their albums sales are good, but they only won at Music Shows because of their fans. I mean, that's how those award shows work. That's why senior artist don't go there anymore, it's boring. No one can convince me that EASY is a better song than TWS's or Bibi's song. Even TWICE new song is better with all the unnecessary autotune. So, yeah, you need good album sales, good charting and many fans paying on voting apps. They did the hard part, sold a lot of albums, but let's be real, without HYBE, they could do it? I don't think so. Okay, it's about taste, but in my opinion, EASY is just a waste of time. If they had won with SMART or any other song from the album, I could understand it.

Yes, some people hate them just because they are a HYBE group, but there's nothing wrong with fair criticism. Their encore performance was ridiculous.

• It was especially jarring to see the hate train take off on Reddit. LSF has always been a girl group that got a ton of love there, and then it was like a switch flipped once they realized "Oh...they're getting REALLY popular now"

I want to say you shouldn't let others impact your enjoyment of new music from your favorite artists but honestly, even I would've found hate at that magnitude to be oppressive.

I'm glad Fearnots have plenty to celebrate in spite of all those bitter malcontents.

• Ludicrous?? You have been BLIND or haven't been paying attention to twitter. There's a fine line between criticism versus hate.

There's literally trending tweets calling them druggies, nugus, and flops. You could not avoid the countless posts dragging them

i’ll respond to this like i responded to some who tried using twitter as an example of real life.

I can go to twitter, and find any group of people, talking bad about any other group of people right now. That’s the internet.

I’m not actively seeking how hate on twitter lol because if you do, you’ll legit find it for every comeback for every artist in kpop, ESPECIALLY popular ones.

My main experience with kpop is here, where people tend to be more level headed and not just mindlessly hating and atleast on her, most of everything i saw, was valid criticism and not calling people druggies LOL.

The only other controversy that was biggest enough to leak into my feed, was Smart trending because people had a problem with the genre of the music being sung by kpop, which i can see both sides, but again, that’s leaning towards valid criticism than mindless hate.

Refer to comments above about being able to find hate on twitter every comeback for every popular kpop group. If you wanna traffic in that, then that’s you. You should realize the internet is always gonna be filled with that, so why you acting brand new????

From what i saw on Allkpop, WHICH IS wtf you’re posting on, their criticism was just that, and not pure hate. If you wanna deal with twitter hate, GO TO TWITTER. There’s a reason why some of us have kpop discussions here and not on twitter.

• Kpop fans a generally very hyperbolic and emotional with the groups they like.

Unless you can quantify the amount of hate, there is no way you can actually say that one groups was the most hated at any given time. Because as you said, kpop fans are always talking shit about other groups they don't like or care.

Even though, it would not be difficult for le sserafim to have gotten the most hate for the past week, since they were the biggest group doing a comeback lately.

• Refer to comments above about being able to find hate on twitter every comeback for every popular kpop group. If you wanna traffic in that, then that’s you. You should realize the internet is always gonna be filled with that, so why you acting brand new????

From what i saw on Allkpop, WHICH IS wtf you’re posting on, their criticism was just that, and not pure hate. If you wanna deal with twitter hate, GO TO TWITTER. There’s a reason why some of us have kpop discussions here and not on twitter.

It's one thing to be ignorant and another to be willfully ignorant. Guess which one you're guilty of?

Instead of just owning the fact you completely misread how much hate LSF received, you're backpedaling and saying "well that wasn't on AKP and we're on AKP"

No ****ing shit. But last I checked, this is a forum to discuss KPOP and events related to KPOP, not JUST the conversations happening exclusively on AKP. How nonsensical can you be?

Guess what. I barely use Twitter, yet somehow I'm not buried so deeply beneath the surface of the Earth, close enough to feel the warm of the core, to not notice the almost comically excessive amount of hate LSF received seemingly just for existing.

You don't get to accuse people of having a victim complex in one post, and then say it doesn't matter because it didn't happen on AKP, without getting called out on your BS.

If you don't want to be a part of the conversation that badly, you didn't even need to click this thread, let alone respond, but you really thought people were going to sit down and be served your lukewarm tea.

Anyway.

• Why are we acting like the hate train was unwarranted

Please closely examine this statement and reflect on when a hate train on a K-Pop group, especially over an encore stage, is warranted.

Funny how nobody had this same energy for their subsequent encore stages on Music Core and Inkigayo, where they were perfectly stable.

• Please closely examine this statement and reflect on when a hate train on a K-Pop group, especially over an encore stage, is warranted.

Funny how nobody had this same energy for their subsequent encore stages on Music Core and Inkigayo, where they were perfectly stable.

Criticism is warranted if you can't do your job correctly, which you also trained for years to do.

Also no, their encore stages weren't stable. they were mediocre at best.

• It's not a clapback at haters it's literally just HYBE privilege and auto-tune. Why are we acting like the hate train was unwarranted, them girls cannot sing not one note properly. Fraudulent Lesserafim and auto-tune Lesserafim will not get away with this. Love them though. Not really but still love them though.

elle

we're not friends anymore :ragec::cryc::crys::wilds::uh-uh-bunny:  :sob-bunny: :mads:

why are you trolling like this ;(

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• They deserved the criticism even if it was a lot, didn't deserve the hate and I'm glad they're doing well

I didn't make this thread in response to criticism.

It was made to explicitly call out how meaningless all the very real hate they received was at the end of the day. Hate that had a very transparent agenda at that.

I don't know why people are pretending like this is just about the encore stages.

• might be dangerous to just completely ignore criticism. twice got hate for their terrible encore, didnt do anything about it, their reputation never really recovered ever since. korea is more important to lsf than twice so they have to be careful

• might be dangerous to just completely ignore criticism. twice got hate for their terrible encore, didnt do anything about it, their reputation never really recovered ever since. korea is more important to lsf than twice so they have to be careful

the drive to improve can only ever come from within and that requires honesty with yourself. bending to the whims of the online haters is not a healthy source of motivation. some idols treat their profession the same way elite athletes do and its very admirable

• Lol get well soon

Thanks. The worst is behind me now :holding-back-tears:

Girl…social medias mean nothing irl. A group will always be successful no matter what people say on the internet. You act they’re the 1st group to be dragged.

What you had to say on this topic ended up mattering even less than social media. I'm glad you got to share your thoughts though, because I totally said LSF is the first group in history to experience a hate bandwagon. Yep. That was absolutely the point of the thread. All about winning the Suffering Olympics.

Those synapses were really firing when you made that astute observation.

Why are K-Pop fans so dumb sometimes? ;(

Meanwhile your ass is the first one crying anytime I say anything remotely negative about IVE, like the underperformance of their most recent comeback.

• I don't know why people are pretending like this is just about the encore stages

Well it is the only thing you explicitly mentioned in the OP :spammerpepe:

BLACKPINK☘︎JESSICA☘︎NEWJEANS☘︎SEJEONG☘︎THE ROSE☘︎TWICE☘︎YERIN BAEK☘︎YUKIKA

47884d995b21786891bbe8c89d889d7abbd157e5.webp

Dont you know how sweet it tastes now that Im without you

• The encore stage wasn’t even the beginning of the hate.

- Many people came at them for having their music video in a church.

- They came at them for using Afrobeats for smart

- They came at Kazuha for lifting her leg

- Many called easy mid/boring:pepewhat:

Now this hate isn’t exclusive to lsf. But I notice that I have been seeing animosity towards them and other HYBE groups in general…

• Now THIS is the Yama i can get behind :yesr: .

LSRFM ended all the shadesters and haters, Easy moving up in Korea, Smart jumping up Korean charts by leaps and bounds, and impressive Spotify and Hot 100 performance.

But i wont forget. And i won't forgive.

The second some stan from a rival group starts bragging about their vocals, i'm gonna put them ON BLAST (with a few exceptions for those that can actually sing like my faves). :pepe-firing:

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!