IS LISA FROM BLACKPINK LIPSYNCING TOO MUCH ?

• k-girlgroup

Changed the title of the thread from “IS LISA FROM BLACKPINK LIOSYNCING TOO MUCH ?” to “IS LISA FROM BLACKPINK LIPSYNCING TOO MUCH ?”.
  • Obviously, she's not confident in singing. She'd rather dance than sing so having a very loud backtrack is expected.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lisa is lovely, and a rapper and dancer so I won't judge her too hard.

But yeah she's lipping basically 100% of the time. It's kind of par for the course in Kpop and as compared to newer groups who lip every performance it's kind of okay.

• I don't want to sound rude, but this isn't a new thing. Blackpink doing this for 8 years now. I don't think I ever heard them sing live. Maybe once or twice. Also, it's easy to hear when they sing live, because all of them are out of breath every time. Lisa and Jisoo was never a good singer, Rose and Jennie is average, thanks to YG because they don't want to develop their artists.

For the record: A couple of days ago, I said to someone that Jisoo could be a good singer with years of training. I said that, because when I first heard Miyeon sing, I didn't know anything about G-Idle, and it was an audio only, and I thought, Jisoo finally learn to sing, because Miyeon's vocal tone is literally a mix between Taeyeon and Jisoo. So, before Blinks will attack me, my opinion is more about YG, than the girls. That's why I'm curious what Jennie and Rose will do now.

Lisa isn’t a vocalist so nobody expect her to serve some vocals so it’s better she focalise in what she’s the best : dancing.

I heard someone say the same thing, and I agree, BUT she should stop calling herself a singer then or start learning to sing, if she wants to be a soloist. OR, just learn to write songs and be a real rapper.

• Well, most of the famous artists use loud backtrack when it comes to dance music. They can't do both the best at the same time so they let the backtrack played louder while they're focusing on captivating and hyping the crowd by their movements. Beyonce does that a lot too. It's pretty normal. They sing more if it was a ballad.

• she is a main dancer/rapper not a vocalist

Sorry, but this is like THE worst argument ever! This is one of the reason people can't take Kpop fans seriously. If she wants to be a dancer, go be a dancer. I could name like 10 Kpop rappers, and all of them can sing at least on an average level. Even her fellow member Jennie can sing in an average level, and she's the main rapper, no? We can argue that YG did a shit job with them, but that's still not a good excuse for being the most overhyped "singer" in the business, and you're still trying to sing. If Lisa can't sing, she shouldn't sing at all. Focus on the rapping and dancing, and don't make music where she has to sing too. Simple as that. That's why I said, she has no future as a soloist, UNLESS she starts taking singing lessons.

Well, most of the famous artists use loud backtrack when it comes to dance music. They can't do both the best at the same time so they let the backtrack played louder while they're focusing on captivating and hyping the crowd by their movements. Beyonce does that a lot too. It's pretty normal. They sing more if it was a ballad.

Using backtrack isn't a bad thing, everyone doing it, but they don't use it to hide their flaws. It's there to guide the artist.

Also, I have to disagree, because I've seen groups singing LIVE while dancing at the same time. If an artist is better than average vocalist, they can do both. Most Kpop groups focusing on the dancing and fireworks etc, because they're lacking talent as vocalists. And let's be real, 98% of the fandom, doesn't care about lip sync or loud backtrack, most of them don't know what that is and even if they do, they ignore it and say, their faves are vocal queens or kings. They live in a Delulu World, and when someone with experience tell them that their faves can't sing, they start a war. 🤣

If a singer or a group is a talented vocalist, they don't need any other visuals. I don't think I ever see a huge show from Ailee, Heize, BoA, IU, Taeyeon, or groups like SNSD, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, Red Velvet, not to mention MAMAMOO. Sure, all of these groups did big choreos too, but most of them HYPED UP the crowed with their vocals and stage presence. Especially Mamamoo. I've seen concerts where the whole backtrack was gone because of some technical difficulties, and they didn't stop, just continue singing.

The problem with groups like Blackpink, is that their company don't teach them. They're cute girls trying to act cool or sexy, but they're neither, because it's forced. That's why they're using a lot of fireworks or 20+ dancers. And sadly, that's the new standard in Kpop now, that's why some Kpop fans think, those are the best shows, and not the ones with live singing.

• If a singer or a group is a talented vocalist, they don't need any other visuals. I don't think I ever see a huge show from Ailee, Heize, BoA, IU, Taeyeon, or groups like SNSD, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, Red Velvet, not to mention MAMAMOO. Sure, all of these groups did big choreos too, but most of them HYPED UP the crowed with their vocals and stage presence. Especially Mamamoo. I've seen concerts where the whole backtrack was gone because of some technical difficulties, and they didn't stop, just continue singing.

The problem with groups like Blackpink, is that their company don't teach them. They're cute girls trying to act cool or sexy, but they're neither, because it's forced. That's why they're using a lot of fireworks or 20+ dancers. And sadly, that's the new standard in Kpop now, that's why some Kpop fans think, those are the best shows, and not the ones with live singing.

What are you even on about

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

6132d756b0e360d7f0e2a150433f78a825286b3e.webp

• She is a global pop star, most of them do it.

• Local stars NEED to sing because they dont do shit for choreo. Did you ever see even mfing Pavarotti, the greatest tenor in history, doing choreo while singing Nessun Dorma? No, because you literally CANT sing correctly and dance a real choreo at the same time. Same goes for any modern pop act, from Swift to Olivia to Tori Kelly or Adele. You dont see rappers dancing, you dont see hip hop RnB singers dancing, you dont see straight pop singers dancing...

And worse yet, most locals not only dont dance, they dont even sing without autotune. Or they lipsync while standing still or "swaggering" around the stage. This is even worse than lip syncing or loud backtracks while dancing.

Only in Kpop do folks expect these poor idols to sing like Pavarotti, dance like MJ, and run around to hype the crowd like Bono, all at the same time. Surprised folks arent expecting them to sing, run around, dance, and play a Van Halen electric guitar solo at the same smdh.

• Someday someone will defend Lisa like this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What are you even on about

The fact that you don't understand what I'm saying proves my point, and it's sad, really. It's not just about Blackpink, it's about the whole Kpop. I won't write down the same thing, please read my comment again.

Local stars NEED to sing because they dont do shit for choreo. Did you ever see even mfing Pavarotti, the greatest tenor in history, doing choreo while singing Nessun Dorma? No, because you literally CANT sing correctly and dance a real choreo at the same time. Same goes for any modern pop act, from Swift to Olivia to Tori Kelly or Adele. You dont see rappers dancing, you dont see hip hop RnB singers dancing, you dont see straight pop singers dancing...

And worse yet, most locals not only dont dance, they dont even sing without autotune. Or they lipsync while standing still or "swaggering" around the stage. This is even worse than lip syncing or loud backtracks while dancing.

Only in Kpop do folks expect these poor idols to sing like Pavarotti, dance like MJ, and run around to hype the crowd like Bono, all at the same time. Surprised folks arent expecting them to sing, run around, dance, and play a Van Halen electric guitar solo at the same smdh.

So now, you're comparing Kpop groups to Legends like Pavarotti? If you can't see it why is this the most ridiculous comparison, I don't know what to say. 😅 Because you want to talk about this, here are some examples for you. For the record, I never said, singers can sing the same way while doing hard choreos. I said, a great singer can still sing while dancing and won't sound bad at all. So, look at these, I won't flood the whole topic with videos, you can find more on Youtube.

And here's probably the most Iconic from Mamamoo. They did this 11 minute long Medley after a 3 HOUR long concert!

You can find a lot of great live show from G-Idle, especially on Queendom

And this is how you hype up the crowd, ONLY WITH YOUR VOICE!

Or this one, from a MAIN rapper, who won a VOCAL contest!

Also, watch this, so nobody can say, I only post perfect performances. Looks what happened with Solar after 2:35 minute! She almost broke her leg, still continue like nothing happened.

• you are kind of getting out of my nerves with some of your comments lol ngl

Back to Lisa. Btw she is a rapper if she wasn't a rapper then sure. I'm not defending her I know it might seem like it but I'm being realistic she is charge of rapping that's her strenght so if her rapping is live I'm ok with it . Now if she wasn't doing her rap part live then I would agree.

anyways, she might try to sing more live in the future we don't know .

• The fact that you don't understand what I'm saying proves my point, and it's sad, really. It's not just about Blackpink, it's about the whole Kpop. I won't write down the same thing, please read my comment again.

Ailee, Heize, BoA, IU, Taeyeon, or groups like SNSD, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, Red Velvet, not to mention MAMAMOO.

The best I can understand is you simply dont go to concerts.

Blackpink's use of dancers, fireworks and whatever else stage tech has nothing to do with their stage presence. That's just a fundamental aspect of good concert setup that MOST major artists (including the ones you mentioned that would never) utilize. Backup dancers fill up the stage, most performers and groups that don't have an excessive amount of members utilize them. Fireworks, bubbles, smoke enhance the ambiance of the song or overall experience. Every single person you've listed utilizes all the things you're complaining about, and it's not just a kpop thing. Look at Ariana, Taylor or Beyonces recent concerts and tell me if it's just them standing on barren stages wowing everyone with simply their presence. Any artist even halfway popular not investing in stage setup gets dragged to hell for being cheap

As far as Blackpink is concerned, they're excellent performers and from my personal experience, don't excessively lipsync. They might rely on backtrack for some of the more choreography intensive songs (as I've seen many singers admittedly far better than them do as well because that has nothing to do talent but stamina) but they get through most of their concerts as live as they can and can carry their own songs just fine.

• all these knowitall coming here pretending their bias sings live all the time

:pepe-clown-gear:

hon, those not even use backtrack, they just are very good at lypsink, and sometimes not even that

you want me to dig all the time famous kpop artis forgot they had to sing? No, i don`t have time

at least Lisa is more honest, and you can tell when you hear the backtrack with the song sounding like a studio song, and her real voice singing on top of that.

And then i see all those famous vocal groups, sounding like the track, not even BREATHING WHILE DANCING. Are you all THAT of a m*rons you can`t tell? :pepe-flirt::pepe-use-head: yes, you are :eyeroll-pepe:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I don't hate or dislike Idols, or anyone. My opinions are based on what I know about vocals, writing and dancing. I don't know much about dancing, I just worked with dancers, so "my" opinions more like theirs.

So, about Jisoo, I actually like her, not to mention her vocal tone. That's my favorite thing about her as a singer. When I say, she's a bad singer, that isn't really about her, it's more about YG. That's why I mentioned somewhere, maybe in another topic, that when I first heard Miyeon (G-Idle), I thought it's Jisoo. Their vocal tones are like twins. She could be that good with training, but I don't think Jisoo wants to be a singer, she's more into acting and modelling. The first song "Yuki no hana" shows exactly what I'm talking about. The Blackpink style doesn't suit her at all, but ballads do. Her technique is not perfect in that song either, but it's easy to tell that she likes to sing ballads and suit her voice well. In the 2nd video, you clearly hear she's out of tune in some parts, she's still not good at maintaining the resonance, and still has problems with belting. She's too airy and sound like she's out of breath, and her control isn't that good either. To be fair, the video/sound quality is crap, but still. It's not bad, better than most of her singing in Blackpink, but compared to the Japanese song, it's not that good. I don't review studio versions, because it's not fair and realistic. I prefer LIVE vocals. Everyone sounds better in a studio version.

Side note: I know some fans, not just Blinks, can think I hate their faves, but that's never the case. I'm very critical, especially with my own faves. So, the reason I'm more critical with Jisoo is that she could be my favorite too, because I hear the potential in her voice, but like I said, it's not about the girls, it's about YG! Now that they left the company, it's all on them! They won't be better in the next few months, but I will give them 2 years or so, IF all of them will continue their singing career.

Lisa: I know she's a rapper, that's why I said she shouldn't sing till she learns how to do it properly. If she doesn't want to do it, then don't sing at all. She can rap and dance, but she's not a REAL rapper yet either, just like Jennie, because real rappers writes their songs, or at least their own parts. Like you said, "We'll see" what they will do in the future. They still hyped and mainstream, so this is the best time for them to develop their skills. If they don't want to do it, then they have to accept the criticism. As I said, I'll give them 2 years or even 3. If I don't see development in their vocals, I don't think we ever will, and now they can't blame YG, because they left them.

The best I can understand is you simply dont go to concerts.

Blackpink's use of dancers, fireworks and whatever else stage tech has nothing to do with their stage presence. That's just a fundamental aspect of good concert setup that MOST major artists (including the ones you mentioned that would never) utilize. Backup dancers fill up the stage, most performers and groups that don't have an excessive amount of members utilize them. Fireworks, bubbles, smoke enhance the ambiance of the song or overall experience. Every single person you've listed utilizes all the things you're complaining about, and it's not just a kpop thing. Look at Ariana, Taylor or Beyonces recent concerts and tell me if it's just them standing on barren stages wowing everyone with simply their presence. Any artist even halfway popular not investing in stage setup gets dragged to hell for being cheap

As far as Blackpink is concerned, they're excellent performers and from my personal experience, don't excessively lipsync. They might rely on backtrack for some of the more choreography intensive songs (as I've seen many singers admittedly far better than them do as well because that has nothing to do talent but stamina) but they get through most of their concerts as live as they can and can carry their own songs just fine.

I do go to concerts, and you don't need to see them live in person to hear that they're not great singers.

Like I said, all those visuals that you mentioned, is to prevent the audience to see or hear the FLAWS! Yes, EVERY artist use those, but that's not the problem, the problem is when they use it to hide their flaws. That's why show you guys some concert from Mamamoo where they only sing, nothing else. If an artist is a great singer, the fireworks are just fireworks, nothing else.

I leave this video here for you all from Kim Sejeong, because she's talking about the same thing, I mentioned.

For the record, I agree with you about some things, I know why groups and even soloists do this, and not just in Kpop, that's why I said, I don't like this trend. Kpop nowadays is more about hiding your flaws than showing your talent! Back in the day, it wasn't like that. Not as much as now.

Like I said, using backtrack isn't the problem, everyone use it, but most groups or soloists, can't sing without that. The stamina is probably THE biggest issue with Blackpink. They don't have enough stamina to sing or dance. Lisa is the only one who can dance for a longer period of time, basically. I know fans don't care about these things, but when they sing live you can hear they out of breath. Sure, sometimes it's because of the choreo, but even when they don't dance, their vocal stamina isn't there. Especially in the case of Jisoo and Lisa. If you read my full comment, you will see what I really think about Jisoo, so I hope you'll understand it's not hate, I'm just critical, because I actually like her, and I liked them when they debuted, but because I didn't see too much development, not to mention I don't like their songs either, I don't really care about them anymore. I prefer versatility, and meaningful songs, and they only have 30 or 40 in 7 years, and that's all on YG, again! So, I can't do much with them.

• Prime example of Studio vs Live! I do wonder, if people just listen to the video, they could tell which version is studio and which one is the live. I recommend everyone to check out these channels too, to see other groups singing live.

And this one is without MR, vocal only!

• After watching a lot of her solo stuff, looks like everything but the "uh," "yeah," "drop some money" is all lip sync. She lets more of the song go without a mic to her face than anybody I can think of.

• I do go to concerts, and you don't need to see them live in person to hear that they're not great singers.

Like I said, all those visuals that you mentioned, is to prevent the audience to see or hear the FLAWS! Yes, EVERY artist use those, but that's not the problem, the problem is when they use it to hide their flaws. That's why show you guys some concert from Mamamoo where they only sing, nothing else. If an artist is a great singer, the fireworks are just fireworks, nothing else

Every other singer uses stage set up to entertain fans and deepen the experience and it's a good thing

Blackpink does it and it's bad thing.

Basically every criticism of Blackpink ever

For the record, I agree with you about some things, I know why groups and even soloists do this, and not just in Kpop, that's why I said, I don't like this trend. Kpop nowadays is more about hiding your flaws than showing your talent! Back in the day, it wasn't like that. Not as much as now.

Look at this talentless hack

AVvXsEjvqhVGZn8ZE15FpeT_g17gDcvB6MlvmbKioHjf0WaYYYgvltBRQlX7B_thI47gA-tKVQKgqQCmCiW5VusRQAOL2w150ybm106OF1LBAseSwXei5qJm5cPeqyY1TIlFdZ08Jg8eva6MniSJrbz00Xwuyxe549MUeLyqhQv1dqPwNjZNX_wjCt9wYYqRloU

• the questions is does it matter?

for a fan of BP I obviously know singing isn't Lisa's strong point but her performance (for the most part) has always been on point and thus she's a performer (I'm not saying there aren't other performers who can also sing)

thus if you prefer a good vocal performance then obviously Lisa isn't your thing

• Yes, i'm comparing Kpop to Pavarotti because the dude didnt run around for three minutes while singing his classics. Dude is standing motionless with a mic right up on his face and singing, that's what allows him to belt effortlessly, and sing with support and resonance.

You expecting Kpop idols to sing like that while moving their bodies every which way is the height of ignorance omg.

Like look at the best pop vocalist in the world right now. Compare how she sounds with and without choreo. It's literal night and day and this is basic choreo tbh.

With choreo

Without choreo

• Well, most of the famous artists use loud backtrack when it comes to dance music. They can't do both the best at the same time so they let the backtrack played louder while they're focusing on captivating and hyping the crowd by their movements. Beyonce does that a lot too. It's pretty normal. They sing more if it was a ballad.

I think Beyonce has much harder choreos than Lisa, I don't think it is good/fair comparison, but yes loud backtrack is a norm everywhere.

• Okay, I didn't want to be rude, but now I will.

Why Blonks can't read? Where did I say, when Blackpink using fireworks and stuff, it's a bad thing? Please, for the love of God, read my comment again! I wasn't even talking about Blackpink, it was an overall opinion about every artist. I literally said, there's nothing wrong with stage set up IF the artist can sing, and it's not used for hiding their flaws.

Look at this talentless hack

Yeah, now I won't reply to you anymore, because I'm just wasting my time. I'm not even a Beyonce fan, but anyone who says, she's a talentless "hack" is a CLOWN, and don't know shit about music. So, you're either an ignorant fool, who can't or don't want to read, or just crazy.

Another lazy Blackpink fan who can't or don't want to read. Next time, I won't do research for you. I'm done with you. I literally showed you a bunch of videos where you can see Kpop Idols dance and sing at the same time, while they're still sounding good. I'm honestly fed up with idiot and clueless Blinks, because fans, like you two, can't understand simple words.

I'll say it ONE LAST time: I NEVER SAID A SINGER CAN SING THE SAME WAY WHILE DANCING WHEN THEY'RE JUST STANDING THERE AND SING! READ MY COMMENT AGAIN, or just ignore my opinion! Talking to a wall would be better, honestly.🙄

• Where did I say, when Blackpink using fireworks and stuff, it's a bad thing?

The part where you keep reiterating it's somehow being used to hide their flaws which makes absolutely zero sense

It's absolutely ridiculous that the intention of stage setup changes based on whether you think the artist meets your standard of talent or not. If blackpink was really using fireworks/dancers etc to "hide their flaws" during concerts, why aren't they using them during freeform, unchoreographed songs like Tally where they just go around the stage singing and entertaining fans, because apparently they can't sing and lack stage presence now?

Edited 2 times, last by DaisyTheGenuine ().

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!