[theqoo] (G)I-DLE IN A CONTROVERSY OVER SUGGESTIVENESS IN THEIR LYRICS

• [theqoo] (G)I-DLE IN A CONTROVERSY OVER SUGGESTIVENESS IN THEIR LYRICS

AVvXsEgslPjMEBjbDQa7mxoDqBxxG5CqlWh4DS35NbF1GHqsDLzzeDhaIe4bugAdzOpKuIDfYgr6mlNt6JDSzooYaz_twIRwSSPu5kHjajxEwTO_Axdc2TpR66_y5rHYQQLQcWvbnRrIEAM93ONzg2PL8g_AF1Zs0fyrqDhShFdoXpXxyeURdncjDys6L9pTIfdj=s16000
    "Suggestiveness VS women liberation... (G)i-dle, new song "Wife"'s blunt controversy""Kids will be trying to copy them, are they in their right minds?"... What happened to the group's lyrics that hit daebak through "I am queen card"?"

AVvXsEgHT1c6k4v7uw3MLwEU_VND4aD1SLYDr6MuuzRlUcOVvn2_5EsvmBDszdo0uDcU8zdgVK3gDz_MiLwqL5Db0EyGFK5X1OuJJpQxMkE-YLc4xef3jeFuU_5YesiU6Qp0R5SkurBDVcIsRsnnzYMwxL6nDDwr4nflyMmQ5t_eQTHP0fnHu04dwgEw5tFRGhRB=s16000

"(g)i-dle Wife, provocativeness? Kpop's version of A Doll's house"
    "Suggestiveness" VS "Hip" ... (G)i-dle's 'Wife' opens discussions"

AVvXsEhk4koGaEdQ3j3vVuUNDDwvguMfXa1AtBCOneT0AsV_FVpbzFOus29zOvpViKcdVCejOcpBTGR1P2Qklc0poih8bgdXTNRBqB01ce-E0hsqjFD1vf_7tcEDYHkUvBmcXzuVGFIWLjZ5sPji9e9iC6oMKPJ8WcdJW86YPGISWHZ6oNkSVbRrmK06zwZQ2kNk=s16000

"(G)i-dle, controversy over s*xual profanity in new song 'Wife' lyrics... "It's worse to pretend there's nothing"
    "(G)i-dle's new song 'Wife' written by Soyeon...controversy over s*xual profanity of lyrics"
    "(G)i-dle's new song lyrics show signs of controversy over s*xual nature"

AVvXsEhi9Sf3mukS7K0DCx5L3eXATCOcrdiQJAM-8Q47a4yuTL4TA7n2lzm1k7LgT1IW5Vb_mD6JH7gj0x53Wf0-d8gi5AWe1nYMmVQv4vko0TBvb5qgBtD-WxuiNEr_uvLuGDPdi_VLv1UyL4y54HZj9Zrfw177eMy04nlmRR8TA_4WOs_qacVZM79c5XdZwrgs=s16000

"(G)i-dle's 'Wife' lyrics are controversial for being sexually explicit...Did they just depict s*x?"
    "Wipe off your spit with ‘Wife’ ~ A production of (G)I-DLE’s problematic work"
    "Will (G)-idle’s ‘clever twist’ succeed this time too?"

(...)

Some are criticizing that the lyrics of 'Wife' are overly sensational while it's a song that even young students can freely listen to. Sensationalism is being pointed out, such as ‘But that's not enough, pick the cherry on top Kiss carefully and eat boldly’ ‘From head to toe, just chop, chop, chop

If you get it now, you should try it now’.

In particular, some point out that there is concern considering that (G)i-dle's 'Queencard', which was released in May of last year, was very popular among elementary school and kindergarten students as the challenge became popular on social media such as YouTube.

Netizens left comments such as "I'm scared that kids will hear it," "It's obvious that it's going to be played all over shopping malls and cafes, there's no way we can block it," and "It's dizzying to think that kids will hum those lyrics and imitate the YouTube Shorts Challenge." .

(...)

The controversial lyrics are, "Take a big bite / Wipe off your spit / Aren't you all grown up now / Yes, I knew you would be, so I baked some cake / Pick the cherry on top and eat it / Kiss me carefully and eat boldly / If do it well, it would be full for this meal Swallow it deeper because I feel good

original post: here

1. They crossed the line

2. The lyrics are disgusting

3. They should make the song 19+

4. But don't both male and female idols resort to s*x appeal in their songs? Whether it's their songs or their dance, they always have elements of it. Is it because it's bad to be so blatant about it? But aren't their companies bad at suing people? I feel like rather than criticism a lot of people are simply leaving hate comments. But I wonder if they'll be able to perform this on broadcast? Usually you don't really see pre-releases in music shows

5. Ah... Those lyrics f*ck ㅋㅋㅋ I don't even want to listen to this song anymore, the lyrics sound like they're trolling

6. So all this is noise marketing

7. The lyrics sucks

8. I could understand if they put 19+ with it

9. They're not in their right mind

10. I bet people will watch the MV without knowing because they thought the concept was cool damn ㅜㅜㅜ. ..

[theqoo] (G)I-DLE IN A CONTROVERSY OVER SUGGESTIVENESS IN THEIR LYRICS
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• probably because my mind isn't completely in the gutter yet, i didn't even think of this song as sexual. i just thought the music was bad. if parents are worried, then do your job and watch your kids. reminds me of the 90s religious war on music in the west

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that's crazy thinking to make a song 19+

kpop isn't just for kids it's for anyone. if parents don't want to let their kids listen to it then let that be the end of it

the lyrics are pretty tame in my opinion. it's weird to me they're fine with watching kids dress up in revealing clothes and do little sexy dances to cater to their crazy male fans, but these lyrics are too far? Makes no sense

• It's more suggestive than my steamy fanfics, just kidding.

But well... I live in a country where I think they once had WAP being played on the radio at 3 PM.

And then there was this compilation CD, I used to own, which litterally was called "Hits For Kids" and it had a song about... doing feral stuff in a kitchen... (I had no idea how dirty those lyrics were when I was younger, but well... my English skills were also kinda trash back then)

BTW seeing "Et Dukkehjem" being mentioned makes me want to read that Henrik Ibsen book.

• I agree with them.

Soyeon has mistaken crass vulgarity, sexual explicitness and curse words for empowerment.

It's a common delusion of modern pop by way of Western "WAP" and the like that kpop would do well to avoid.

For the most part top girl groups have avoided that trap mostly.

But its now a frequent occurrence.

G-IDLE went from aspirational magnificence of songs like Hwaa to lyrics about swallowing cum. And IVE is collaborating with artists who's lyrical values are full of lines of "bitch" this and "fuck" that.

It's indicative of a loss of value and standard in modern kpop.

Modern audiences have have no standard of ethic or moral. They swear to those who protest.... "Lighten up" "don't be so old fashioned".

But modern culture has lost something in its race to the bottom and embrace of degeneracy and moral crassness.

• Its because they're trying to appeal to the western audience.

• BTW seeing "Et Dukkehjem" being mentioned makes me want to read that Henrik Ibsen book.

Oh, the reason why they called it the Kpop version of A Doll's House is because the book (or actually play) was so controversial back in the Victorian times that some theatres refused to have it performed.

The play also does have a "wife" theme.

• It's indicative of a loss of value and standard in modern kpop.

I totally agree.

Bring us back to lyrics of 'ring ding ding dong', 'yeah, fantastic baby' and 'I'm good, I'm hot, I'm fresh, I'm fly (come, baby, kiss, baby)'

That was when kpop MEANT something, those are real lyrics with real stories and emotions behind them.

• I totally agree.

Bring us back to lyrics of 'ring ding ding dong', 'yeah, fantastic baby' and 'I'm good, I'm hot, I'm fresh, I'm fly (come, baby, kiss, baby)'

That was when kpop MEANT something, those are real lyrics with real stories and emotions behind them.

You've missed my point.

It's the crassness, vulgarity, cursing and sexual explicitness that I'm criticizing in modern girl group kpop.

Nothing to do with an assessment of nonsense lyrics or frivolity.

• It's comments like these that birth songs like Wife

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Wow

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow

External Content x.com

They banned a Blackpink song for not having a seatbelt on in the mv

This isn't that surprising

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I highly doubt kids would get the double meanings, but if people think the song is rated incorrectly then they should complain to the ratings board. Artists aren't responsible for rating their own releases, it isn't their fault if they make music for adults that ends up being accessible to children.

• You've missed my point.

It's the crassness, vulgarity, cursing and sexual explicitness that I'm criticizing in modern girl group kpop.

Nothing to do with an assessment of nonsense lyrics or frivolity.

Here, I got you a lovely pearl necklace

Baroque pearl necklace: beautiful big baroque pearls making a chunky but  simple necklace - Melbourne Pearls

Feel free to clutch them as much as you need

• 3429cp.jpg

• Men should stfu and not speak on women's empowerment

• Aww eman are you sad your little dolls arent playing the game how you like?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!