[DEBUNKED] YG Entertainment confirmed that the Seoul concert is the last schedule for the four members of BLACKPINK to perform as a whole.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “YG Entertainment confirmed that the Seoul concert is the last schedule for the four members to perform as a whole.” to “YG Entertainment confirmed that the Seoul concert is the last schedule for the four members of BLACKPINK to perform as a whole.”.
  • the tweet has been deleted. for everyone who wondered what it said it was this (the tweet had already been deleted before i closed the tab of this thread, so i screenshotted it when i saw it was gone)

bp1.png

• External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• naver article

which all fansites are quoting

“마지막이다” 블랙핑크 서울 콘서트 1주전…‘재계약’ 여부에 주가 요동칠 YG 입장은? [신동윤의 나우,스톡]
    K-팝(POP) 대표 주자 중 하나인 걸그룹 블랙핑크가 지금 모습 그대로 활동을 이어갈 수 있을지를 두고 많은 말들이 나오고 있습니다. 가장 큰 관심을 보이는 분들은 뭐니뭐니해도 팬 분들이겠죠. 하지만, 팬분들 만큼
    n.news.naver.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• In 2023, groups don't have to officially disband anymore. I think companies are starting to realize that groups could pull the GOT7 strategy. You could consider it a "soft disbandment." This means that the members will focus primarily on their solo activities from this point on, but the possibility of group activities is still open.

If this is the case, it's a result that's easier to accept for the fans, the members, and the company. All about compromise.

I'd be sad if we no longer see the Blackpink we've grown familiar with over the years. I'm just thankful I can say I appreciated them to the fullest these past seven years, maybe five realistically speaking because 2018 was simply THAT year.

The Got7 strategy sucked.

• there is just one article about this (bc its not 9 am in korea yet, time when news are posted)

and is this one: https://n.news.naver.com/article/016/0002195062?sid=101

which is a stock report, yet again, its a prediciton from investors again

if u scroll thru naver: blackpink search bar: https://m.entertain.naver.com/…B%9E%99%ED%95%91%ED%81%AC

all the other news are about rosé schdule and other artist articles that include bp name bc of chart positon

p.s: this article was posted at 6:30 am ks, thats it's a very odd hour to post news in sk, the earlies it 7 am

• I would suggest people just wait for the official announcement. Honestly I find it hard to believe YG wouldn’t do everything in their power to keep BP. So if they do leave I think they would still keep the group together like other groups with members not in the company. But if BP really disbands I think it’s because the members want that and not YG. Though I don’t think the members want to disband so that’s why I think BP will be fine.

• In 2023, groups don't have to officially disband anymore. I think companies are starting to realize that groups could pull the GOT7 strategy. You could consider it a "soft disbandment." This means that the members will focus primarily on their solo activities from this point on, but the possibility of group activities is still open.

If this is the case, it's a result that's easier to accept for the fans, the members, and the company. All about compromise.

I'd be sad if we no longer see the Blackpink we've grown familiar with over the years. I'm just thankful I can say I appreciated them to the fullest these past seven years, maybe five realistically speaking because 2018 was simply THAT year.

but all got7 members didn't re-sign, or do you think that none of the bp members will re-sign? if some of them do they can do what mamamoo does but if none of them re-sign then what about music rights and bp as a brand? i don't know how this works because in my country things works differently

• or more than one. i don't follow bp news but i read here that it's speculated that lisa won't renew.

i'm actually interested in what's going to happen lol. but if i were fan i'd be nervous because i wouldn't know what (non)renewals meant and how would the group work

All the fandoms don't want their bias to renew with YG.

• i don't blame them and especially don't blame them in bp case. how many songs bp has in total? 30-ish? in seven years! newjeans is a one-year group and they had enough (original) songs for a festival set.

i don't get yge.

1. YG still operates under the "less is more" strategy. The less people see their idols, the more they want them.

2. YG is still looking for their next BG to take the mantle of BB being the face of the company...not a girl group.

• 1. YG still operates under the "less is more" strategy. The less people see their idols, the more they want them.

2. YG is still looking for their next BG to take the mantle of BB being the face of the company...not a girl group.

1. That might have worked once but not anymore. If they try that same strategy with babymonster they will fail. We live in such times where attention span is at the lowest level. People need to be entertained all the time, they need content or they'll leave.

If aespa didn't go on hiatus perhaps them and newjeans would be equal now.

2. It's hard to make a bg that would do well with gp, all companies are failing there. But If they are satisfied with fandom only that's doable but again, they need to give them content

this is the investors speculation lol like many articles we have seen in the past few months lol not really and yg always announce when someone leaves YG pretty sure the girls renewed already just with different clauses you know how it has been not sure why you keep pushing this idea they will disband lol

• In 2023, groups don't have to officially disband anymore. I think companies are starting to realize that groups could pull the GOT7 strategy. You could consider it a "soft disbandment." This means that the members will focus primarily on their solo activities from this point on, but the possibility of group activities is still open

I hope you are not saying got7 is close to disbandment.

• this is the investors speculation lol like many articles we have seen in the past few months lol not really and yg always announce when someone leaves YG pretty sure the girls renewed already just with different clauses you know how it has been not sure why you keep pushing this idea they will disband lol

literally nothing they were saying was “pushing” disbandment. they’re treating it like speculation (which it is). Mentioning it is not asking for it. Chill, that was all hypothetical

• 1. That might have worked once but not anymore. If they try that same strategy with babymonster they will fail. We live in such times where attention span is at the lowest level. People need to be entertained all the time, they need content or they'll leave.

If aespa didn't go on hiatus perhaps them and newjeans would be equal now.

2. It's hard to make a bg that would do well with gp, all companies are failing there. But If they are satisfied with fandom only that's doable but again, they need to give them content

YG had BigBang. They were popular with the gp, and their Melon ULs were massive and organic.

I think they will move to Black Label. It will be basically kinda the same. BL produces, YP manages. But this way, they bump up the value of BL massively for their IPO.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• YG had BigBang. They were popular with the gp, and their Melon ULs were massive and organic.

I think they will move to Black Label. It will be basically kinda the same. BL produces, YP manages. But this way, they bump up the value of BL massively for their IPO.

it is the same...black label (Teddy and the other BL producers) already produce all their songs and BL comeback schedules are equally as bad.

• Last stop on the tour, not as 4. Bad translation.

Literally no other outlet in Korea is reporting this 4 hours later and every industry, financial expert has predicted all 4 will renew.

Man some of yall are so dumb.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!