Newjeans will never reach peak BP & Twice

• What do Jennie, Lisa, Sana, Jiyho, etc. have? They were born to perform on the stage and they have sex appeal. Go watch Momo perform the Likey dance break, Jennie deliver an incredible rap line, witness the fluidity of Lisa’s dance movements, and see how the crowd reacts - it’s special.

Newjeans is cute. They are young and they look even younger. They are incredibly talented and people will pay to watch them sing and perform, but they aren’t going to sell out stadiums in large cities across U.S. and Europe. Great vocals and pretty smiles aren’t going to be enough. They don’t have the “it” factor that it will take to reach BP and Twice level touring. They don’t have the individual performers and star power like BP and Twice that make people say “I have to see “X” perform live in person before I die”.

Newjeans is charting phenomenally and they will continue to break records, but they will never be what BP and Twice are globally because they will fall well short in touring/concert attendance (huge source of idol revenue).

Kids, make no mistake, this industry revolves around sex appeal. Surely you know this by now - see Jungkook.

• And yes theyre kids first, and humans second. And they will grow up and so will their sound, but honestly i dont think that twice got famous on people thinking they were the sexiest. In fact those creeps got hated on (rightfully) because Tzuyu was too young.

Now go delete this burner account

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Too soon to say. Look, in 2016 nobody thought Twice or Blackpink would surpass SNSD. And while I personally think they did, I understand why it may be debatable, but the fact that it is, is a testament to both Twice & BP. I don't think 4th gen has reached them yet, but both NewJeans and IVE have been the first GGs in 4th gen to make me wonder.

nah, people were calling twice ngg in 2016 bc they pass snsd at that time

thats one of the reasons they even had that title

• And yes theyre kids first, and humans second. And they will grow up and so will their sound, but honestly i dont think that twice got famous on people thinking they were the sexiest. In fact those creeps got hated on (rightfully) because Tzuyu was too young.

Now go delete this burner account

I’m not saying that the way things are is the way they should be. It’s just a prediction based on how I see things. And FWIW, I’m not a big fan of BP or Twice.

• As now a huge ONCE you're not gonna get an argument from me ^^. If you say so then. I have no problem accepting Twice within a year of their existence dispatching SNSD.

thats what I remember at least, at someone that saw twice rise in 2016 with cheer up then tt (with the same year).

the ngg its outdated now, everybody wants to a global gg now, but taking over that isnt easy bc bp has smth no other ggs had, not even bgs and that's a group with soloists all doing well, Jisoo seal that this year. That's why companies are giving 4th gen ggs solo deals from the get-go, that wasnt normal n 3rd gen and simply not a thing in 2n gen

• I’m not saying that the way things are is the way they should be. It’s just a prediction based on how I see things. And FWIW, I’m not a big fan of BP or Twice.

Well before i was ever a newjeans stan i was a blink and a once (and still like both groups) and twice was famous with men FOR their innocent concept which got lots of creeps, including the ones who made the countdown to her 18th birthday, in (legal) hot water.

And as for BP arent they famous among other women mostly? Isn’t their appeal that they don’t need a boy? Ay dios

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I would have agreed with you in 2019 when i got into Kpop.

But since then, i have seen things i never would have believed was possible with my own two eyes.

Kpop becoming a household thing in American culture...whether people hate it, make fun of it, love it, or are indifferent to it, it doesnt matter, what matters is that even mainstream news outlets involved in music and American culture are talking about Kpop.

BTS and Blackpink becoming global icons.

Twice selling 50k seats at a US stadium. I mean no one thought Twice could conquer the US given their musical style and complete lack of fluent or even proficient English speakers.

Sellout tours from even 2nd tier Kpop acts, filling real arenas in multiple cities here.

No 1st or 2nd gen Kpop fan could have ever believed anything like this was possible. Like all you vets who started Kpop stanning WG or SNSD or Sistar or Shinee or SUJU or BB, be honest, could you have ever imagined that Kpop would come this far so fast?

This tells me the future is just way too unpredictable.

• Being in kpop since 2nd gen, I see this arguments a lot. No one ever thought that the biggest group in the world right now coming from Korea and on top of that not even from the big 3. Newjeans is only one year old group. Twice even started with more childish concept and sounds than them but look at the group now. It's super contradict with your point. And what even it factor and star power? How you know they didn't have it when the girls themselves being the talk of the town? Group with no star power or it factor will not catching everyone attention at all. It's kpop community that not their fans who always inserting this mindset in everyone head just like when they said that the girls didn't have a huge fanbase like other top gg just to be among the top of the best selling gg in just 3 cb.

So, stop with this weird mindset. Let's the future decide that.

• The thing is NJ target audience is a chronically online one. The young fans getting into kpop are all about streaming, tik toks, etc and that's pushing them to new massive heights in that respect.

But the real trick is going to come 2-3 years down the line. This is a generation of young persons that are all about the here and now. The what's have you done for me lately.

Will NJ be able to maintain their hype with and audience like that? Will they be able to transition their sound when the trend heavy 00's vibes wear out in a year or two?

We can only wait and see, but don't be surprised if they become the biggest GG ever in K-pop. Right now they are the number 1 in terms of interest and hype and I don't care what people say, that's just the truth.

• but don't be surprised if they become the biggest GG ever in K-pop.

I expect this to be the case, and I don't even think it's a hot take either, based on their trajectory and long list of historic accomplishments as a group in just one year.

Been in the K-Pop rabbit hole since the tail end of the 2nd generation, and I've never seen a group debut and speedrun K-Pop the way NewJeans has.

• Been in the K-Pop rabbit hole since the tail end of the 2nd generation, and I've never seen a group debut and speedrun K-Pop the way NewJeans has.

You could take that to the conclusion that they could also speedrun into decline as well.

The flame that burns brightest and all that...

• And they probably will,mainly because they marketed themselves as your close-friends type of idols than the luxurious / unreachable idols

And also, them being closer to normal person (by this i mean less idol-like) probably helps the fangirls to project themselves into NJ. + the company continues to do good marketing + release good songs. I dont see them fading off anytime soon

They are most probably the least hated and most well-liked GGs out there. And this public-friendly image will make then go long way.

• While I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, its basis is flawed. A group's sex appeal or "it factor" is going to be dictated not just by how attractive they are, but also by their concept and how they present themselves. And in this particular case, also their age. If you think NewJeans will never grow up or keep their current concept forever, you've got another thing coming. The real question is how their fans will respond when the inevitable comes. A group like Twice had to sacrifice much of their Korean support by ditching their original cute concept & maturing in return for broader international appeal. Will NJ be willing to take that same risk? And more importantly, will they even have a choice? Because if they simply stay stagnant, they could easily become yesterday's news everywhere. Kpop fans are fickle like that.

• Too soon to say. Look, in 2016 nobody thought Twice or Blackpink would surpass SNSD. And while I personally think they did, I understand why it may be debatable, but the fact that it is, is a testament to both Twice & BP. I don't think 4th gen has reached them yet, but both NewJeans and IVE have been the first GGs in 4th gen to make me wonder.

twice were huge already by the end of 2015 and called national girl group and surpassed almost all snsd records their reign lasted for a few years. I'm not a fan of them but I always recognized their impact they had until 2018 ish and blackpink were force to be reckon with even in 2017 with as if it's your last showed sign of international appeal back then it wasn't as easy for kpop groups to be more global. well, with DD blackpink became strong and well we know the rest. The thing is that blackpink and twice have something many 4th gen lack they have a big dedicated international fandom and touring power. Most 4th fans move to new girl groups they all have a short attention span I swear. The only 4th gen group that might have a big fandom (domestically) but still.

edit: about the OP I would personally change the word with star quality along with being good performers + having a big dedicated fandom for me these are the reasons that make a group have longitivtiy

• New jeans are young, they won't show sex appeal at this age, and frankly it would be wrong if they do...

Their concept would grow with them, they won't stay 15 year olds forever, and they will not stay with this concept forever, I feel NJ startegy is to grow with their audiences...

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Twice and BP are great but their companies are flawed compared to New Jean's. Unlike JYPE, HYBE gives good songs, tailor-made for New Jeans. Unlike YGE, HYBE gives New Jeans consistent numbers of comebacks.

wasnt that what kill twice? overpormotion with no space in between

twice has all to tools to be a ngg, the problem is that that doesn't translate to individual support, this was snsd problem too bc now the only ones that are still trendy are just ty and yoona; seohyun, tiffany and sooyoung had to leave sm to have smth but none are in the level of the first two

It been years and I dont think people get why made a long-lasting group, it's not just about the group or just about 1 member, you need all to do well bc if that is not the case then the group won't last

and I mean this for gg, bc time has show again and again that the public move fast as light

• AND ANOTHER THING

plenty of acts sell out arena/stadiums without any significant sex appeal. your assessment is narrow-minded

OP proved they’re a degenerate pervert who probably doesn’t give a damn about music and is instead more invested in objectifying female idols.

I think they forgot that people attend concerts for the MUSIC. Degenerate perversion screwed their view I guess 🧐

• This thread contains 101 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!