im not sure if im happy for Jennie to have her debut acting with The Idol.....

• bro, the review so far is just a MAJOR turn off..

as much as how blinks trying to shield her, its her decision to actually involved in such a messy drama

the plot itself is disgusting.... i hope it really have nothing to do with jennie's character

14% reviews on rotten tomatoes.. this is the moment when im praying that my girl will only have 5 second of screen time throughout the whole drama :sleeping:

• apparently it's some cheap p**n show

with even some promo looking like g**g b**g...

people who seen it are sayin that they've had enough of watching ones naked body...

so it must be some kind of turn off similar to 365 days on Netflix or even worse

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think Jennie signed on before it became a shit show.

Thankfully, she does not have that much screen time, so she can somewhat avoid this dumpster fire and the bad press.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• nobody is happy. blinks are not really shielding jennie, we are just telling people how sam levinson basically scammed the cast and jennie, he re-did a lot of things right after the first episodes were filmed and changed a lot of stuff to be more explicit, i'm sure jennie would not have signed on if she knew what the show was REALLY about and all the explicit scenes. I think YG made sure her screen times was CUT back a lot after the scandals. I am not happy about this but jennie cannot pull out, the contracts are sealed tight, it's impossible to just leave. This will be bad for her reputation in S.K.

• From the trailers it looks like she is barely in it. The producers seem to be using her for publicity anyway

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's gonna be ass and the worst reception for a hbo show in a long time. it's destined to flop as it will replace the greatest hbo show of all time aka succession that will premier the finale this sunday. but shes not a big character in it anyway. Not even lily rose-depp will get shit for it as the criticism is more towards the weeknd and levinson

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• bro, the review so far is just a MAJOR turn off..

as much as how blinks trying to shield her, its her decision to actually involved in such a messy drama

the plot itself is disgusting.... i hope it really have nothing to do with jennie's character

14% reviews on rotten tomatoes.. this is the moment when im praying that my girl will only have 5 second of screen time throughout the whole drama :sleeping:

I’m honestly disappointed as well, the story line is SHIT and The Weekend starring in it is a major turn off……they clearly used her for attention but honestly this show will go no where…….so I guess the good news is that maybe Jennie won’t get linked to it if it gets poor ratings and no one talks about it, and when I mean no one I’m extending it outside of the k pop community lol, it’s a much bigger world out there

• I and others have been talking months ago about how she didn't have a lot of time to film her role. So some of us assumed it was minor. And the reports seem to indicate that. And that's turning out to be a relief. Regardless of how controversial the show is, it's still going to be beneficial for Jennie if she does decently in her role. Like others, I'm only going to be checking out Jennie's part in the series.

And like others have mentioned, a lot of the changes seemed to have happened after Jennie filmed her parts. I'm just not worried about any of it affecting her.

• External Content twitter.com

Has alot of context but yeah its based on assumptions that she filmed in 2021 instead of after sam came on board. Either way shes not doing any of the sexual stuff I hope.

• I don't think it will baddly affect her, at least she's not the main character and just a side character used for clout (imagine if she was in Lily position with that c*m scene and all, koreans would be nasty towards her)

• Blinks aren't happy and friendly kpop fans (lol) aren't happy too, we've already discussed it here. She'll be fine, she doesn't have a big role, if rumors are true, that is

• According to spoilers from people who saw the premier it seems Jennies role is small and she's not involved in any of the explicit scenes but still as a fan I don't like her being involved in such an exploitative show.

But it's also not fair to shade the actors (Jennie included) for their participation in the show when we know from behind the scenes drama that the show originally had a female writer and was much less erotic before she was fired and Sam Levinson and the Weeknd changed the show. It's possible Jennie and the rest of the cast weren't entirely aware of what they signed up for so it's not fair to hate them.

• I can't take him seriously. I'm sorry

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• It's gonna be ass and the worst reception for a hbo show in a long time. it's destined to flop as it will replace the greatest hbo show of all time aka succession that will premier the finale this sunday. but shes not a big character in it anyway. Not even lily rose-depp will get shit for it as the criticism is more towards the weeknd and levinson

lily depp is getting heat alright, she has that "nepo baby is not a real concept" interview and has put defense to sam levinson's character. everybody is side eying her

i guess the best thing yg can do is only allowing jennie for photoshoot promo and not in-depth interview about the series now. defending sam is basically being r*pe apologizer now

euphoria is really good

euphoria is holding it's weight because of rue's storyline tbh and even that is something allegedly double checked to zendaya. everyone is wary they will get The Idol treatment now everybody graduating high school

• lily depp is getting heat alright, she has that "nepo baby is not a real concept" interview and has put defense to sam levinson's character. everybody is side eying her

i guess the best thing yg can do is only allowing jennie for photoshoot promo and not in-depth interview about the series now. defending sam is basically being r*pe apologizer now

euphoria is holding it's weight because of rue's storyline tbh and even that is something allegedly double checked to zendaya. everyone is wary they will get The Idol treatment now everybody graduating high school

The heat isnt because of the show but bc of the things she said. Had she stayed quiet no one would come for her

JCsIq3Q.gif

• The heat isnt because of the show but bc of the things she said. Had she stayed quiet no one would come for her

"It’s always a little sad and disheartening to see these mean, false things about somebody that you really care about and that you know is not like that. It wasn't reflective at all of my experience." quote from Lily Depp herself in press conference about Sam Levinson's defense to the show

regardless of her standing for nepo baby discussion, this dismissal way upon concerns of how the show deal with r*pe culture in entertainment industry deserve critique

and she's an adult with enough social standing to choose what she wants unlike many female cast of levinson works lmao, if she stays in the show after story overhaul, she should be hold accountable with her choice of work

• The talentless and privilege-denying nepo babies getting dunked on and the weeknd being exposed for being the creepy trash he always was :flirt-pepe: tonight we party :pepe-pj-green:

• "It’s always a little sad and disheartening to see these mean, false things about somebody that you really care about and that you know is not like that. It wasn't reflective at all of my experience." quote from Lily Depp herself in press conference about Sam Levinson's defense to the show

regardless of her standing for nepo baby discussion, this dismissal way upon concerns of how the show deal with r*pe culture in entertainment industry deserve critique

and she's an adult with enough social standing to choose what she wants unlike many female cast of levinson works lmao, if she stays in the show after story overhaul, she should be hold accountable with her choice of work

Thats the thing, Jennie didnt say anything unlike Lily Depp who digged her own grave, and probably wont. It's silly to blame actor over something they have no creative choice unless they choose to defend it. Do you even know how difficult it is to break contract or how u can get blacklisted for choosing to speak against the guys u work for? Theres a reason why got actors were reticent about the last season of game of thrones.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• rip your dopamine receptors I guess

that kinda makes so much sense

cant even watch a MV, so definitely cant read a book

It EXPLAINS SO MUCH

• You usually sign in before the first shooting.

It doesn’t receive good criticism at all and the plot seems very controversial. But I guess many will hate watch it.

It’s so annoying that the acting debut of two BP members were in shows that got a lot of heat ;(

• Thats the thing, Jennie didnt say anything unlike Lily Depp who digged her own grave, and probably wont. It's silly to blame actor over something they have no creative choice unless they choose to defend it. Do you even know how difficult it is to break contract or how u can get blacklisted for choosing to speak against the guys u work for? Theres a reason why got actors were reticent about the last season of game of thrones.

…oh you think i talk about jennie for the “side eye” thing 😭😭 I don’t talk about her at all i’m talking solely about the show and lily rose depp and giving comparison that jennie was promoting more on the photoshoot things than actively talking about the story to not derail the thread

Generally i’m just really disappointed with the premiere because i do watch euphoria and like the premise but the whole execution is disgusting, that’s why i comment in this thread

• idk how some people in this thread managed to get past a single episode of euphoria, about 95% of that show is just nudity :pepe-cringe:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!