What do you think is Big Bang’s impact on Kpop?

• Often referred as King of Kpop, do you see the influences of Big Bang on 3rd gen and 4th gen groups and in what ways? like Bts opens up Kpop to the west, Blackpink popularizes girl crush and high fashion as we can see,… in what specific ways do Big Bang influence recent groups like Exo, Seventeen, Twice, Txt,…?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Outside of growing kpop and making YGE a big 3 company, not much really.

BB was able to break the barrier of being seen as more artists like, then just idols. And that hasent really happened much since.

• I can see Niga Higa's MV were hugely influenced by Big Bang

External Content www.youtube.com

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Big Bang was def. the advent of an edgier kind c00l in K-Pop. They made the idea of a rapper being the leader of an id0l-Pop group acceptable. I consider some of their songs early Hip-Pop and their symbiotes 2NE1 and Blackpink def. made Hip-Pop a core part of their sound.

I think Big Bang made multiple rappers and a strong rapping duo/sub-unit in a K-idol group a thing..although most id0l groups with just 1 rapper often struggles with competency. M.I.B, BAP, Block B, BTS, ATEEZ, T1419, and Treasure are some guy groups with rapper-leaders and 2 or more rappers.

• BTS has never said they idolized BIG BONG or was flueneced by them.

8o

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:                            

- THE DEVIL WORKS HARD -

- BUT HYBE WORKS HARDER -

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Big Bang impact shaped the bg scenario

and they have GD

and they have this song

• Big Bang made YGE what it is. All the YGE groups after them (till their scandal happened) had some hype on their debut because they came from the same agency as Big Bang. They revived rap focused groups and self producing groups. After Seo Taiji, Korea wasn't that high on these types of groups. There used to be some groups like 1TYM but they weren't as popular as their contemporaries like H.O.T. So rap focused groups went kind off lowkey in k-pop till Big Bang. They are epitome of popularity in Korea. I would say at their peak they were as popular as IU & g.o.d.

They didn't expand k-pop beyond it's spheres like TVXQ! or SuJu or BTS did but they did impact k-pop as a whole subtly.

• According to documentaries Bang PD was inspired by 1TYM, not Bigbang nor BAP, to form BTS

Apparently, BangPD tricked Suga by using his wish to join 1TYM against him, selling Suga on the notion that BTS would be a newer version of Teddy's group. Mostly rap, no hard choreo lol.

• I think they started the impact in the west too. Fantastic Baby was the most viewed kpop group song until 2018. Even nonkpop fans know that song.

• BTS has never said they idolized BIG BONG or was flueneced by them.

Lies

According to documentaries Bang PD was inspired by 1TYM, not Bigbang nor BAP, to form BTS

Not Bang PD but many BTS members were inspired by Bigbang and they've said it plenty of times before.

non stans keep your mouth off BTS if u dont know ish.

It seems more like some armys don't want to admit that bts members were inspired by bigbang just bcoz they don't like the group.

External Content twitter.com

• Lies

Not Bang PD but many BTS members were inspired by Bigbang and they've said it plenty of times before.

It seems more like some armys don't want to admit that bts members were inspired by bigbang just bcoz they don't like the group.

IKR. I mean it's common knowledge that they idolised BB lol. Why deny that? ^^

• I certainly would love that even though it'll generate some toxic reactions for sure :smirks2:

• I think they started the impact in the west too. Fantastic Baby was the most viewed kpop group song until 2018. Even nonkpop fans know that song.

To be very honest, Bigbang was the reason that I, as a muggle, would not give kpop a chance for years. idk which video it was but it was one of their videos where I saw a bit and was like, "ugh a bunch of culturally appropriating culture vultures" and I decided all kpop must be just that and I refused to give it another chance until BTS.

Now, clearly my views have shifted and become more nuanced (and less reactionary) but I often wonder how many other people had a similar reaction to mine, especially Black American listeners. So for me at least, they did have an impact on kpop but it was not necessarily positive and my initial impression of the group still colors how I think about them now. I just have a knee jerk rejection. This isn't a very fair reaction but it's one I can't seem to shake.

• Lies

Seems like kpop stans have to continue to hang on to that BTS link to maintain relevancy

• Lies

I don't understand this, liking BB is nothing to be embarrassed about. So many kpop group members idolized them. It is even funny when they deny this coz there are videos from BTS' past where they fawned over BB

• BTS might've been "inspired/idolized" by BB in the past (2013 - 14), but now they're the opposite of bigbang. BTS music and image is nothing like Bigbang. And it's their recent music that made them successful, not the hiphop stuff.

So if I see any VIPs trying to credit BB for BTS success... :clown:

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!