Why is it suddenly trendy to not know popular 2nd gen groups?

• My last two threads had users asking who is AOA and who is f(x).

Contrary to popular belief this does not make you look cool. It makes you look brand new.

I still got a left over pizza in the fridge from when AOA debuted. Why yall act like 2012 is 1912?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not trendy, it's just realistic.

Kpop has exploded internationally in the last 3 or so years, so most fans are going to have started around then.

Not everyone desires to go back to the older days of Kpop, and sift through those groups and discographies.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I mean, during 2nd gen Kpop fans weren't listening to 1st gen and it wasn't a big deal.

Idk why some people put 2nd gen on a pedestal. It's just music.

You don't have to listen to it. But there is no way in hell you don't know these two groups if you been into kpop for at least 2 years.

Stellar and 9Muses? Ok I can understand. But f(x) is a SM group for christ sake. And AOA was Twice before Twice.

We aren't talking about scrubs here.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that's concerning, are u okay Drew?? 164910-seungkwan01-gif

When you're single and too lazy to cook you got to have a backup plan.

• It's not trendy, it's just realistic.

Kpop has exploded internationally in the last 3 or so years, so most fans are going to have started around then.

Not everyone desires to go back to the older days of Kpop, and sift through those groups and discographies.

idk anyone before exo, sorry :saint:

• Why is that in any thread on 2nd gen there is always someone trying to remind us how bad 2nd gen music is?

I don't know. These users are probably threatened by these songs legacy and iconicness.

One can say Mirotic, Sorry Sorry, and Ring Ding Dong are bad all they want. But people will still know these songs 50 years from now.

• You don't have to listen to it. But there is no way in hell you don't know these two groups if you been into kpop for at least 2 years.

Stellar and 9Muses? Ok I can understand. But f(x) is a SM group for christ sake. And AOA was Twice before Twice.

Bro I was here during 2nd gen and I didn't even know wtf SES, FIN KL or whatever were. And it was... fine. Nobody would throw a tantrum like you're trying to do here.

f(x) doesn't release music anymore and they aren't in the eyes of the public either. It's fine if new fans don't know them.

And AOA was not Twice before Twice. What a reach.

Stop acting like a crusty 2nd gen stan trying to police what others should know about.

• I mean, during 2nd gen Kpop fans weren't listening to 1st gen and it wasn't a big deal.

Idk why some people put 2nd gen on a pedestal. It's just music.

because 3rd gen is flopped and 4th gen isn't talented.. and first gen is too old me thinks.

the only way to live is to gee gee gee baby baby for the rest of my life

• I'm craving pizza rn for some reason.

Pizza hut or Dominos?

• Is because I do not like math, so why are people talking about F(X)?

• I have a hard enough time learning the names and faces of 4th gen groups, like i'm a big fan of Wadada but i can only identify 4 of the 9 members of Kepler. It's too much to ask me to recognize everyone from nonexistent groups. I only recognize Sulli and Amber from fx. AOA is Seolhyun for me.

Even huge second gen groups like WG (i only know Sunmi and i cant remember if Hyuna was in this group) and Miss A (only Suzi). When i watched Step Back, i only recognized BOA by process of elimination and the "other" SNSD member i had no clue who she was, i still cant remember her name, is it Sooyoung? Yuriah? I only know Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yoona.

• Yes f(x) has not released anything since 2016. But if you know who Red Velvet is then you know who f(x) is. You have come across or at least heard about this group before. Especially since they were the girl group before RV.

AOA was huge with men from 2012 to 2015. Just like Twice has been their whole career.

• I don't know. These users are probably threatened by these songs legacy and iconicness.

One can say Mirotic, Sorry Sorry, and Ring Ding Dong are bad all they want. But people will still know these songs 50 years from now.

lol no I don't think it is because of that. Most people think the gen they got into kpop is the best

Each gen has its importance in kpop. All these 3rd and 4th gen idols probably saw something they liked in 1st and 2nd gen that made them want to become idols.

yeah, all those three songs are iconic :pepe-grooving:

• Not everyone has a need to do investigations into music history, whether it’s more recent history or older. I’ve always liked to but I don’t see any reason in trying to force other people to do the things I do. It’s a lot of effort to keep up with current music, let alone try to concentrate on musicians that aren’t even active any more. I don’t think that’s a recent trend. When I was a teenager in the nineties, you didn’t see many kids looking into what was popular in 1986.

• Yes f(x) has not released anything since 2016. But if you know who Red Velvet is then you know who f(x) is. You have come across or at least heard about this group before. Especially since they were the girl group before RV.

Yeah, but RV still puts out music. The members are still in the eyes of the public. That's the main difference and the whole point.

AOA was huge with men from 2012 to 2015. Just like Twice has been their whole career.

That's a very weird flex, but you do you.

• Is it really?

I feel like recently people have come to a full circle and have accepted 2nd gens superiority

External Content www.youtube.com

• I mean...2012 WAS a decade ago... :pepestare:

A lot of newer KPOP stans were like 5 then lmao. And that's the LATER half of 2nd gen.

Why worry about the past when there is so much going on in the present? I knew Miss A and Wonder Girls, but the only songs I know are their hits. As far as the members...I couldn't tell you who is who unless they are still active today. Only reason I know their names is because when I got into KPOP, a lot of 2nd gen fans were still somewhat active.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Tbh, I know f(x) from you and not from knowing Red Velvet.

AOA was huge with men from 2012 to 2015. This is such a Drew comment, I can’t

• You don't have to listen to it. But there is no way in hell you don't know these two groups if you been into kpop for at least 2 years.

They are not even part of GOT, how the f are we supposed to know them

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

Contrary to popular belief this does not make you look cool. It makes you look brand new.

I still got a left over pizza in the fridge from when AOA debuted. Why yall act like 2012 is 1912?

aaaaaahhhhhh, :shyr::shyr::shyr::shyr::eyebrowsr::eyebrowsr::eyebrowsr:

they are younger generations....and you are old :wellr:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

I would honestly argue AOA is 3rd gen. I know there's alot of debate about where all of the gens start/stop and stuff, but I think 3rd gen starts in 2012. You know alot of popular groups (or groups that at least had a decent amount of popularity at some point) debuted in that year: Exo, AOA, Btob, Exid, Nu'est, Vixx.. And also I've seen alot of people say 3rd gen starts with Exo's debut, so going by that logic AOA has to be 3rd gen too.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!