have you gotten or do you know someone who got covid?

• apparently two users of this forum have gotren covid so just wondering if anybody else has or knows of someone like a relative or friend who got it and what it was like

• i had covid last spring and it was the worst 2 weeks of my life. i felt like i couldn't breathe and i was just lying on a hospital bed for all that time. luckily, i did recover but my lungs aren't that good anymore.

shit and obviously like you mentioned you still have lingering symptoms right ?

• My aunt got covid around the time quarantine started (she performed some surgery on a patient who had covid but they weren't aware they had it) and she had a hard time but she recovered now. Some sorta distant family on my mother's side all went to this big birthday party during covid and they all got covid but most of them recovered (I think one of them died and the other is still in really bad condition). Another of my parents' friend got covid but I think they were asymptomatic??

• A friend got Covid but he's asymptomatic, he got it sometime between May and June. Another friend's dad died of Covid last September. Two of my aunts did as well but thankfully they only got mild symptoms.

• My coworkers wife had Covid and it's about 4 months since and she still can't smell or taste anything :/ and during self isolation she had to stay in her bedroom the entire 14 days and he had put her meals outside her door and him and their children had to self isolate aswhile for being a close contact but they were negative

• My coworkers wife had Covid and it's about 4 months since and she still can't smell or taste anything :/ and during self isolation she had to stay in her bedroom the entire 14 days and he had put her meals outside her door and him and their children had to self isolate aswhile for being a close contact but they were negative

that's the worst part isn't it that families have to self isolate even from other immediate family membrane

It's no wonder that some entire families catch covid...

• My aunt and her mom were passed away due to covid last year. And right now my other aunt also got infected, her whole family are in self-quarantine rn.....

Half of my hubby's work colleagues also got infected. He already took covid tests for dozens times because of that.

• I lost a friend and his partner pretty early on when the pandemic started, and two of my uncles also passed from it around Christmas time. Some of my other friends also got it over the past several months but most have recovered by now and have gotten vaccines since most of them are healthcare workers

• A coworker of mine has asthma and wasn't working most of the time since COVID started. She'd only work every once in a while if she needed money. She ended up getting it from a relative. I usually work my whole shift alone, so she was long recovered by the time I saw her again. I only saw her once during the end of her shift and she was coughing pretty much the whole time :(

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• None of my immediate family, although my brother may have had a minor case during the beginning of last year but testing wasnt available at the time, so its possible I had it too, as alot of people around that time got mild flu like symptoms and we didn't go into proper lockdown until end of february/beginning of march.

However My son's great grandad passed last year summer, covid related..

And sadly my cousin's father passed unexpectably from covid related issues beginning of this year. He was in his late 50's didn't have any underlying health issues, the family is still in shock and it's my cousins 13th birthday this week... I really hope she's doing okay. :( were still in lockdown in here. (I think it's our 3rd one)

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

Edited once, last by xwhisperx ().

• we have a long quarantine time in my country, but then people started to get worried about economy and so we have to go back to work to the office.

It is not like just basic care would keep you safe when you HAVE to go to work

i am saying this becuase some comments, like the people who got it is because they didn´t took care, and were acting in an irresponsible way. But sometimes you don´t have a choice, or you will go unemployed. Of course there are people who are not being carefull too.

I have to go through my second swabbing last week, cos my nearest work mate had it, and i was very scared, but it was negative. And another of my work mates got it, but that was when i was staying home.

Both have mild symptoms.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• My sister and her boyfriend recently tested positive. My sister had flu like symptoms but she said it felt a lot more intense than the typical flu. She's still having some after effects, like difficulty breathing.

She recovered about two weeks ago but started feeling ill earlier this week. She went to the hospital on Monday and they told her she now she has a double ear infection, sinus infection, and was tachycardic. I'm not sure if that's related to her recently having Covid at all but it seems a bit strange.

• Most of my friends got Covid. Luckily no one from my family.

✿ just a crumb of something please I'm begging ✿ ♡ ♚

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
    in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

• Some of my family members got Covid, I don't know how bad or light the sickness was but even 2 years old toddler was diagnosed with it.

My friend's parent got Covid - didn't require hospital but was battling fever (coming and going) over 1 month, took 2 months to be able to take out the trash without collapsing afterwards. It's been 3 months now and still on the road to recovery.

Acquittance of mine was hit pretty bad - within a span of 7 months she lost due to Covid her mother in law, her cousin and her only sibling. Her other cousin spent over 2 weeks in hospital and took him another month to gain some strength to be able to speak instead of using text message.

• I got it from my brother’s family last March before the UK locked down. While I had it, it was... you know, shit, but the worst was worrying thinking it was going to get worse. I suspected I might get post-viral problems because I’ve got underlying issues anyway and have had post-viral fatigue after infections before.

But I’ve never had any post-viral fatigue that has been as bewildering or unpredictable as Long Covid has been. I won’t get into all the symptoms, but I advise being very cautious. I am nearly a year on and I still get periods where it feels like I’ve been reinfected or when I’m knocked flat.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!