Do you try to hide the fact that you like K-Pop when you meet someone new? If so, why?.. ~

• i think some put a stigma on people who like k-pop because they'll be "toxic" without actually getting to know us. yes, there are toxic fans. they can be totally obliged to stay away from them. but they should at least not generalise us as if we're ALL toxic. many people also think we are koreaboos, which is ridiculous. there is a difference between liking the pop music in korea than wanting to become korean. because of these reasons, i try to be secretive about liking k-pop simply because i want to avoid being misjudged.

i remember when anime was pretty taboo. it still is to some extent. but nowadays it is becoming more accepted to be an anime fan or a "weeb." i hope someday kpop could become less taboo.

edit: i don't assume y'all are saying "hi, i like kpop" right off the bat when meeting someone new. i am only saying how some people have a negative view of kpop fans due to the toxic fans making chill fans look as if they're toxic. does that necessarily mean kpop is taboo to you... no. if you don't care, then you do you. just wanted to make that clear.

:smirks:

˜”*°•. 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟕𝐭𝐡! .•°*”˜

Edited 3 times, last by cherryshiii ().

• Go to Best Answer
  • I don't hide it, but I also don't advertise it. If they asked me I would tell them. I have solid arguments for liking it. If they don't want to hear them and want to misjudge me, then F them. :groovins:

Once you stop caring about others' judging your tastes it's life-changing.

IU Taeyeon Red Velvet WAWAWOO PURPLE K!SS LiSA

Edited once, last by omnimorphism ().

• I don't hide it, but I also don't advertise it. If they asked me I would tell them. I have solid arguments for liking it. If they don't want to hear them and want to misjudge me, then F them. :groovins:

Once you stop caring about others' judging your tastes it's life-changing

good attitude. i guess i haven't gotten the confidence yet to be in that mindset.

• Yes. I was talking to some guy about music and mentioned being disappointed about a tour (specifically (G)I-DLE's world tour) being canceled, but when he asked for specifics I was too embarrassed to say.

I completely understand why people have a negative view of kpop stans because I did for a long time. I mean "stan loona" and fancam spam, especially in threads about serious topics, doesn't make the community look very good. I definitely don't want someone's first impression of me to be that.

If I'm already friends with someone, I don't really care if they know.

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

d174d808762134ac87b86228c6329e81382c4540.gifv 4c5649f9051964a3b9b5dd36b59a3eb9633e3298.gifv

• No, because I don't care. I listen to a lot of genres though and I will play whatever gets me hyped even in public. I also let people close to me check out my digital catalog. Most of the K-Pop songs I like are vibey and the dope K-Pop artists and groups get shown luv in parts of my area.

• no ?? i mean it's not like when you meet someone new you're supposed to be like "hello it's nice to meet you i am a kpop fan" :cryingr:

i just,,, like kpop and that's that lmao

i mean, same for me. i like kpop and that's that. but what i'm saying is that some people put a stigma on liking kpop because of the toxic fans that make us look bad. i suppose you have nice people living around you. i'm not so lucky

• Not really, because most people who aren't into kpop don't really have a negative image of kpop, tbh.

They just don't have an image of kpop, period.

Me listening to High School Musical's songs is something that I need to hide a tad more :dancer:

• Yes. I was talking to some guy about music and mentioned being disappointed about a tour (specifically (G)I-DLE's world tour) being canceled, but when he asked for specifics I was too embarrassed to say.

I completely understand why people have a negative view of kpop stans because I did for a long time. I mean "stan loona" and fancam spam, especially in threads about serious topics, doesn't make the community look very good. I definitely don't want someone's first impression of me to be that.

If I'm already friends with someone, I don't really care if they know.

you explained what i said in the post better than i did lmao. and same, i know that my friends won't be salty all of the sudden because of liking a music genre. it's a different story if the person doesn't know me well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!