can GIDLE get their place back from STAYC & IVE?

• so we all know gidle used to be the 2nd biggest girlgroup for 4th gen after ITZY (yes im not including IZONE they're dead)

they're doing really well for Hwa, securing their place but suddenly bad thing happen

and now there's 3 girlgroup ahead of them AT THE MOMENT (not overall achievement, just at this exact moment and time) which are AESPA, STAYC and IVE

and its impossible to beat AESPA, they're monster and milestone ahead from everyone

ITZY is going nowhere and still maintaining their position at the top

but different cases for STAYC and IVE since they are still new and can be considered as "Trendy" even though they're doing very well

do you think there's hope for GIDLE to get their place back and becoming the 3rd after itzy and aespa? and if yes, what they + CUBE should do ?

• Probably not cause didn't they lose a vital member?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IVE is too new so I can't really take them into account for now.

I don't think STAYC are much above (g)i-dle, even right now. To be clear, I'm looking at spotify numbers to evalute groups' power rankings and right now, STAYC are basically on the same level as Loona. (G)I-DLE are slightly below but they haven't released anything since January. If they come back with a good song/album, I don't think it will be much of a problem for them to regain their spot. Will they be #3, though? I don't know. Depends on whether we're speaking domestically or globally, whether we're taking the whole career into account or only the latest release, etc.

The funny thing is, with the members having so many activities individually and being recognized for it, (g)i-dle looks more and more like some kind of "super group" and I think there will be anticipation for their comeback once the first teaser drops.

• Hwa on itself wasn't very strong, even before the scandals it last in top10 just for a day which means Gidle didn't have a stable top10 hit since Hann

They probably in the same position as itzy were they lose their hype to new and more shiny 4th gen ggs that debuted in 2020/21 and that will debut next year too

I don't think STAYC are much above (g)i-dle, even right now. To be clear, I'm looking at spotify numbers to evalute groups' power rankings and right now, STAYC are basically on the same level as Loona. (G)I-DLE are slightly below but they haven't released anything since January. If they come back with a good song/album, I don't think it will be much of a problem for them to regain their spot. Will they be #3, though? I don't know. Depends on whether we're speaking domestically or globally, whether we're taking the whole careeer into account or only the latest release, etc.

The funny thing is, with the members having so many activities individually and being recognized for it, (g)i-dle looks more and more like some kind of "super group" and I think there will be anticipation for their comeback once the first teaser drops.

Not really, not in Korea and stayc dell more than loona with less predebut promo and being out less time than them

Popularity wise stayc is above both Gidle and loona, one bc of Hiatus and other way just never relevant in Korea. But even then stayc place is risky as Ive hype feels everywhere there and there are many other GGs from big companies that will debut soon

• They just reunited like a week ago and they're already booked for a k-pop super show in Europe. Just saying. I think they will be fine.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not really, not in Korea and stayc dell more than loona with less predebut promo and being out less time than them

To put it bluntly, I don't care about Korea. I'm not Korean and I don't live in Korea. We're on an international forum, I'm speaking international numbers. I'm glad for all the groups who are very popular in Korea but if they're being overshadowed by other acts on the international stage, I don't have a reason to rate them that high.

• Hwa on itself wasn't very strong, even before the scandals it last in top10 just for a day which means Gidle didn't have a stable top10 hit since Hann

They probably in the same position as itzy were they lose their hype to new and more shiny 4th gen ggs that debuted in 2020/21 and that will debut next year too

I don’t know why you have to insert itzy every single time yes their Korea charting is terrible not gonna like but they different case than gidle Itzy have a bigger fandom and their international stats will always back them up while gidle rely more in Korea the only group who is ahead them is aespa

• I don’t know why you have to insert itzy every single time yes their Korea charting is terrible not gonna like but they different case than gidle Itzy have a bigger fandom and their international stats will always back them up while gidle rely more in Korea the only group who is ahead them is aespa

Also adding to the ITZY thing, just because their songs don't chart well doesn't mean the group is unpopular. ITZY is still racking up CF deals left and right, Yuna still trends when they go to a major event for her visuals, and Yeji was chosen as a 4th gen representative for a collab stage with other huge 4th gen idols. Are they as popular as they were back during their debut era, no, they're not. But they are million sellers and without a doubt one of the biggest girl groups of their generation.

Edit: Plus, Lia was chosen to sing an OST for the Red Sleeve' one of the most popular dramas in Korea at the moment. Doubt a company would reach out to an idol from a "declining group" to sing an OST for one of the top dramas of the year.

I don't think STAYC are much above (g)i-dle, even right now. To be clear, I'm looking at spotify numbers to evalute groups' power rankings and right now, STAYC are basically on the same level as Loona. (G)I-DLE are slightly below but they haven't released anything since January. If they come back with a good song/album, I don't think it will be much of a problem for them to regain their spot. Will they be #3, though? I don't know. Depends on whether we're speaking domestically or globally, whether we're taking the whole career into account or only the latest release, etc.

who lied to you and said Stayc is like loona. Loona never had a hit song unlike Stayc with 2 hits and Gidle with no hits as big as Stayc's soooooo

• I have high hopes for gilde the group has a good amount of gp following and the sell pretty well for a non big 3 groupe also the Korean members are really trendy this days Miyeon always trend in Korea with her beauty she became really popular lately

tbh popularity of one member doesn’t mean anything

April Naeun was EVERYWHERE before the fake bullying scandal but April were still flopping

• sure, why not? Im sure soyeon will make g idle comeback with a massive banger BUT even if they get their most successful comeback it wont prevent ive or stayc to keep growing either. Ive in particular is making impressive numbers on melon, spotify and youtube, if its just their debut theres a chance that their cb will be bigger (some users here are already so sure it wont be strong as their debut though).

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Yall seem to be forgetting that miyeon has been booked and busy and goes viral like every week for her nose. Yuqi was in quite a few shows in china. Minnie was booked in Thailand. soyeon is a mentor on a survival show and went viral for her comments plus had a well-received album. Shuhua broke records in taiwan for her variety appearance( taiwan went into lockdown soon after which is why she was only on one show) plus she was on a cooking show in Korea and has been working hard on her dancing.

they have all brought in new fans who are ready for their first comeback.

• STAYC isn't above GIDLE yet honestly, their physicals are decent and their digitals are too, but they don't have the international popularity of GIDLE. The loss of Soojin is still fresh, so I don't know if it's too late or too early. They should come back next year though.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!