why do hybe boy groups succeed with “non-noisy” music?

• People said that nowadays boy groups have to do “noisy” music to sell well (4th gen groups like Skz, Tbz, Nct, Ateez gets dragged for being “noisy”). However, all hybe boy groups(BTS, Txt, En, Seventeen) manage to sell well with “non-noisy” music. There are other groups like Cix, Bae173 also making “non-noisy” music but they’re not selling well. Is it because of the quality of music in Hybe or something else? Not trying to drag any group just wondering if people will only listen to “non-noisy” bgs music if it’s from Hybe.

Edited 2 times, last by bbb988 ().

• I think the assumption that you have is that people listen to idol groups for music.

Which is isn’t true especially for boy groups.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nobody ever said you have to do noisy music to sell well

Right I'm like...

:pepewhat:

Either way BTS and TXT can do "noisy" well too... exhibit A found below

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cix, Bae173 not coming from big 4, if they were they would be super successful

Ateez, The Boyz are also not from Big 4 but they’re selling well. In The Boyz case, people said they became successful once they became “nosier” (The Stealer, Reveal did better than “Giddy up”, “Boy”). With Ateez, their “non-noisy” tracks like Wave,… also gets less attention than the “noisier” ones. So maybe Cix , Bae173 needs to become “noisier”?

• How the tides have turned. BTS’s music was frequently called noisy as they were rising in fame lol.

I don’t think anyone even knows what noisy means any more.

True, but their songs with the best longevity in Korean charts are not considered “noisy”, like Dynamite, Spring Day, Boy with luv

• Ateez, The Boyz are also not from Big 4 but they’re selling well. In The Boyz case, people said they became successful once they became “nosier” (The Stealer, Reveal did better than “Giddy up”, “Boy”). With Ateez, their “non-noisy” tracks like Wave,… also gets less attention than the “noisier” ones. So maybe Cix , Bae173 needs to become “noisier”?

it's just TBZ and ATEEZ are too talented to ignore, and their music are great, especially ATEEZ gain lots of fans because of their incredible stage presence and also because they sing live the most, they are like special case, there are tons of other boygroups who do noise music but can't achieve what they have achieved. Tbh Wave is one of ATEEZ's most successful songs, most people ignore their music cus its noisy but Wave could gather wider audience, and till this day its their song that has most unique listeners on melon, and it also used in several baseball competitions in korea during summer.

• Because people are tasteless. This alone should’ve made CIX quadruple million sellers at the very LEAST

External Content youtube.com

• Ateez, The Boyz are also not from Big 4 but they’re selling well. In The Boyz case, people said they became successful once they became “nosier” (The Stealer, Reveal did better than “Giddy up”, “Boy”). With Ateez, their “non-noisy” tracks like Wave,… also gets less attention than the “noisier” ones. So maybe Cix , Bae173 needs to become “noisier”?

Actually Thrill Ride did very well? And Bloom Bloom got them first win (afterwards they didn't get any music show win for Reveal).

I'm not even going to try to debate here because you people are obsessed with the term noise music to drag groups. ^^

What even is noise music? Everything people find unusual and not cheerful? You find Reveal as noise music? Well I would find as noise some other songs that you don't think are noise based on what you're saying :wellr:

It's just different for everyone.

• How the tides have turned. BTS’s music was frequently called noisy as they were rising in fame lol.

This! Fire, DNA, Not Today, IDOL all have been called noise lol.....

Kpop fans always find reasons to diss boygroups. Every single kpop boy group which became successful has been shaded by kpop fans for one reason or the other. So nothing new happening....

• Seventeen have always been doing the music the way it is now, their so-called "Freshteen" concept, and they started it as being opposite to the hip-hop leaning boygroups on that phase of Kpop back in 2015 (BTS is included in this list).

When they attempted to release a song that when far from the usual (Hit and Fear), fans didn't buy it. So Seventeen can't even be compared with the other groups mentioned + they're self producers, which makes everything different for them.

The backlash they received when Not Today and Fire were released. People calling it the same as they call some 4th gen acts' music.

New Kpop fans will never know how it was.

• i think every single group have their own concept and style to make music that appeals to their fanbase

svt members mentioned before that they didn't think that those darker concepts at that time of their debut matched them well so they went for a bright/refreshing one which fans still like today, nothing wrong. but to actually answer op's question, there's actually more factors to success in kpop other than music itself actually

• The backlash they received when Not Today and Fire were released. People calling it the same as they call some 4th gen acts' music.

New Kpop fans will never know how it was.

I feel like when there is something people are not 'accustumed to' or maybe don't understand, they'll just call it noise.

• I feel like when there is something people are not 'accustumed to' or maybe don't understand, they'll just call it noise.

I think exactly the same.

It's like boomers people calling rap music "trash" while it's just not their taste.

They are just like these boomers.

• people who say that SKz ATEEZ and NCT have noisy music, don't listen to their bsides at all.

besides noisy music argument have been also used against bts in past. and who cares whether music is noisy or some sleepy ballad it should just suit to your ears, makes you excited and touch your soul.

• DNA noisy???

Ehhhh I personally wouldn't consider it noisy, but I guess I could see why some would. The post chorus dance break parts are kind of noisy.

• is to stop using rap in parts that do not make sense of the song. Noise music is not bad. Noise music tends to be catchy with a catchy chorus, pre chorus, or chorus. For me the difficulty and why I do not listen to it is because of the incoherence of the rap. This year without a doubt Rock With You , Anti Romantic, Loser Lover, Cinema, Love Song were without a doubt the best songs I have ever heard.

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!