CLs music is overrated af and she survives off of her reputation from 2ne1 days.

• Let me preface by saying I like CL. I think she's charismatic and I love her voice especially when she sings. She's a great performer. But her recent music has sucked. Hello Bitches was not a bop. Hwa was so underwhelming. Like the lyrics were bad. "1 2 3 hana deul set, so tell me what you want baby, repeat after me say ne". And now Spicy really isn't a great song. The video is nice but people are hyping it up like omg queen legend, amazing song, but her music is so overrated. Her music from In the Name of Love completely slapped. I quit is such a great song but these comebacks just ain't it.

• She's a good rapper but need a image change or a re-branding.

she's still doing the same thing that she did in the past, people get tired of it .

look very outdated.

• I think a lot of people feel this way. Her songs are meh or too polarizing but her main problem is that her image heavily comes of as the opposite of what people like about kpop: she's very in your face, rougher than other idols and songs are pretty much western songs in Korean.

It's like she's still thinking like she's the most unique and greatest around as she did years ago with some of her questionable comments in her previous interviews. Kpop has moved on a lot without her

• Her last MV spicy was Soo cringe and so bad, plus the music was awful too, the lyrics same shht every year. She needs to step up the game and give us something different. She hasn't grown as an artist to me, she is stuck in the same old eras

• I think a lot of people feel this way. Her songs are meh or too polarizing but her main problem is that her image heavily comes of as the opposite of what people like about kpop: she's very in your face, rougher than other idols and songs are pretty much western songs in Korean.

It's like she's still thinking like she's the most unique and greatest around as she did years ago with some of her questionable comments in her previous interviews. Kpop has moved on a lot without her

I think she hasn't realized that

• Personally I‘m not a huge fan of her title tracks either. I don‘t really like the sound nor the lyrics.

HOWEVER her b sides slap. Great vocals and meaningful lyrics.

I believe she’s struggling to find her own style. People still see her as the badass bitch and that‘s why she‘s probably trying to please them with her title tracks. If you listen to the side tracks you‘ll notice that she‘s actually a great songwriter and capable of so much more.

• i think she has really good songs... but its time for something new CL :whistling:

• I think she hasn't realized that

I know right. You'd think she or her team would take notice and change it up once or twice. If it works there you go a new experience follow and find success, if not then either try another approach or continue as is.

• I don't like the solo works I know from her but I loved her attitude in 2ne1 songs and her stage presence there is still the best out of any idol IMO.

On yt comments are pretty much positive, maybe that's why, but here I've never really seen one

it's a group of people who like her and her music. Are we going to hunt those down too and force the idea that she is cringe and old-fashioned? It's not like she is breaking records or getting in everybody's face to call it overrated.

lt64IYu.gif

• I know right. You'd think she or her team would take notice and change it up once or twice. If it works there you go a new experience follow and find success, if not then either try another approach or continue as is.

She's under konnect ent. with kang daniel as the ceo, considering how this company have an image of positivity and support toward their artist choice of path, I doubt that they will meddle in too much with her decision.

beside, i feel like kang daniel telling her what to do could probably hurt her pride.

• Hello Bi+ches is ICONIC

But she needs to move on from the same “Bad Bitch” concept and explore more of the other sides she’s shown us while she was in 2NE1 ala Missing You or I Love You.

~ ω

• She's under konnect ent. with kang daniel as the ceo, considering how this company have an image of positivity and support toward their artist choice of path, I doubt that they will meddle in too much with her decision.

beside, i feel like kang daniel telling her what to do could probably hurt her pride.

The label is first and forehand a business. If she's not bringing in enough (I don't know if whether she is) then they would have to act in some manner. Could be anything from hiring new producers, creating new image, getting her gigs at lots of places such as TV or trying to have other companies use her. Sitting back is the last thing a company should do especially if they're small.

If she's hurt by having Daniel tell her to do something then she joined the wrong company. He's the boss at the end of the day, it's his company.

• I went over this in another recent thread about her but i'll say it again cos cl was my bias in 2ne1 and i loved her as a part of a group but her solo stuff still needs work.

Beats: On the contrary i think her music now sounds better than ever. I never liked hello bitches or lifted or any other release she had prior to leaving yg. But that goes just for the music/instrumentals.

Lyrics: Now that in my opinion she has fixed her sound she seriously needs to fix the lyrics or stop calling her self a rapper cos oh lord is she cringy. Cl should be a singer/rapper. It's okay if she has a verse here and there in her songs but she has a beautiful voice and she isn't a good rapper. Anyone that listens to rap music like me has the same problem. Her lyrics are bland and cringy. Saying edgy stuff like "Haters gonna hate" isn't gonna cut it. She can't use double entendre in her songs or write an interesting rhyme. So when she raps it's always the same shit with nothing interesting lyrically.

Last but not least this whole baddest female persona is getting tiring. She delved more into singing and her feelings with that album she dropped right after leaving yg but she never promotes any of that. It's always this cringy i'm the shit thing that gets tiring pretty fast when you're not a good lyricist. (Example: Nicki Minaj or Meg thee stallion they can write thousands of songs about their p*ssy and it can still sound fresh because they are witty with their lyrics and it's interesting).

CL good points: outstanding performer, great singer, good beats in her music

CL bad points: tiring persona, cringy lyrics

I listen to Hwa and Spicy but it's so hard ignoring the cringe lines.

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• I like Park Bom's music way more than CL's

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She's under konnect ent. with kang daniel as the ceo, considering how this company have an image of positivity and support toward their artist choice of path, I doubt that they will meddle in too much with her decision.

I thought she just partnered with him, since she has her own label Very Cherry?

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• she isn't a bad rapper though she average I think you are being harsh while she isn't that good her flow isn't that bad either but I agree about the cringy parts. Tbh there are boy groups that rap fast and rap off beat and people think they are good rappers (not gonna mention names) It bothers me a bit how female rappers that aren't necessarily bad are called bad rappers

• But she needs to move on from the same “Bad Bitch” concept and explore more of the other sides she’s shown us while she was in 2NE1 ala Missing You or I Love You.

It has to be ego. I thought the same thing when i saw her raise her arm and flex at the beginning of SPICY. It was just super cringe and plays up the "Bad Bitch" persona shes carved out for herself. It gets tiring real fast , but i think hes actually bought the lie and thinks THAT is who she is, so shes gonna continue doing it (whether it works or not).

• I think it's another catalog track with good replay value that hits "above the fold". The stylings may not be "bleeding edge", yet the song still has an infectious chorus and a good beat that moves me.

There are still only like 3 solo lady id0l rappers (2 from groups, 1 crossover) who write their own rhymes, who are involved in the creative process, and have songs and beats that actually hit decently to my ear.

The thing about CL's Hip-Hop/Rap stuff is that it's usually different than other id0l-rapper stuff out there. Most people probably won't instantly like that side of her work. I didn't go back to add "The Baddest Female" and "Hello B!tches" until after "+DONE161201+" and "+5 STAR+" were out. I personally am still satisfied with listening to these tracks individually or as a part of a listening stint.

No artist is 1-dimensional. I think we'll have an opportunity to see and hear more sides of CL when the album drops.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!