Breaking: Jeon Somi confesses she needed to take IV fluids just before radio show visit!

• Jeon So Mi sheds tears as she confesses she had to get IV fluids after losing weight

somia.png

Jeon So Mi then confessed that she had actually gotten an IV fluid just before the radio show and explained, "I dieted in a healthy way..." and added, "I told my fans not to worry but I actually got an IV fluid. I couldn't say it because I was afraid they would worry."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/08/jeon-so-mi-sheds-tears-as-she-confesses-she-had-to-get-iv-fluids-after-losing-weight

damn... fvckin standards in Kpop, poor kid I hope she will recover and re-gain weight asap to not damage her body even more.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm concerced with the attention she got for her body this cb, she's not looking healthy (not about being thin, there's natural thin people, but her natural isn't that thin) and keeps being praised like this is the best she ever looked.

Somi always concerned me in this aspect, she's on the eyes of the public since she was 14, and is dragged a lot for absurd things (being half white or loud personality). In the idols days I never saw someone say something bad about her body, but she said that was bullied when was younger, before being an idol.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I really like Somi and think she's sweet. She just seems like the type of person that is really sensitive to what people think of her. Many celebrities are but they don't let it affect them negatively to the point that Somi does.

She puts herself under a ton of pressure to be perfect in every way - in her music, performance, and especially her visuals. It seems like if she doesn't reach the standard that she holds herself to, she gets really upset. I sympathize with her but I worry that in the future this could affect her even more negatively.

• She looked good before. I don't know who in the hell told her to lose weight. She's pretty now, but of course fans will be concerned if a KPOP star comes back and they have obviously dropped a noticeable amount of weight.

KPOP stars are a bit more smart if they have a substantial international fanbase not to speak about an outrageous diet because they know I-fans will flood social media if they do. K-fans used to praise this kind of behavior and the chopstick leg look. Not sure if they still do since I don't see many comments from them about the particular issues, but they usually say a KPOP star has gotten "prettier" if they lose a significant amount of weight.

I'm honestly surprised Somi came out and revealed she needed an IV drip. We used to hear about things like that all the time, but since KPOP stars have realized certain fans don't like it, they don't talk about it anymore. Makes me wonder how many people are getting these drips behind the scenes just to keep going without fans being the wiser.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• it made me sad to see so many people praising her for being so thin. she went from looking fit and healthy to gaunt ?(

yeah I know right? she has always been vocal about wanting to take care of her body and be healthy but I hope she doesn't go overboard and skip meals. Her health should come first.

• This Somi ⬇️ looked healthier to me than current "healthy" Somi. Pretty sure she didn't need IV fluids to stand on her feet back then. No idea why people praised her new looks even though she looked 10 times better before.

• That's a giant red flag. Losing weight in a healthy way doesn't mean anything if you lose so much weight that you still become unhealthy. If she's not able to see the issue then I hope someone steps in because she's obviously struggling with something.

• The very first things that i noticed when i saw her teaser photos is that she lost weight in very drastic way, you can't say that you lost weight in a healthy way then right after follow it with i need an IV fluids to keep me standing on my feet girl that's very contradictory and it really doesn't make sense seriously, and weighting 46kg for a 172 isn't healthy no one can tell me otherwise

• This Somi ⬇️ looked healthier to me than current "healthy" Somi. Pretty sure she didn't need IV fluids to stand on her feet back then. No idea why people praised her new looks even though she looked 10 times better before.

Birthday outfits even made her look kinda bigger than she was. Look at this:

She didn't have any fat to lose.

• I can't say I'm shocked, whenever there's comebacks idols lose a ton of weight even tho they're already skinny just to look good in the MV or in performances, there's absolutely no healthy diet in the way idols lose weight. I don't know who told her she needed to lose weight or if she compared herself to other people, but it's sad situation.. she looks "chic" "pretty" whatever in her instagram pictures but she is suffering.

• Birthday outfits even made her look kinda bigger than she was. Look at this:

She didn't have any fat to lose.

Her body is literally perfect here, perfect proportions.

She called herself a little chubby when referencing this video of her. I think she was referring to her face, the drastic weight loss has made her face look more like the visuals that everyone wants from idols (smaller, more defined).

Personally, i have always considered Somi one of the top visuals in Kpop, and to me she looks great in every era.

• She didn't "diet in a healthy way" if she ended up needing an IV drip. Didn't she also put up an ig post showing she's actually underweight?

Tbh she's bought into the idols have to be super skinny image. Kpop really needs to have shake up about body image, it is way too focused on visuals at the expense of health.

• What makes me the most concerned is that most idols look 7-10kg lighter in RL. So when someone looks already really skinny they must be really really alarming skinny in RL. I hope that people stop praising people who suddenly drop weight and look that thin. Body shaming should not be when someone is obviously unhealthy. Fans always ignore the strict body standards that the industry has and that is very unhealthy. I wish Somi knows that she is pretty and should not risk her health.

• she's a 5'8 woman barley 100lbs that's severely underweight as someone who suffered from EDs before I read stories about girls being her size and her weight and smaller died her body is literally trying to find energy to go on this is not healthy or normal in any way she will die if she keeps this up her body will slowly but surely start eating away at her muscles craving for energy it needs

• are we surprised? she's 172cm and weighs only 46.5 kilos.

i know kpop fans don't want to talk about idols' weight (and i struggle with that thought but oh well), but this behaviour shouldn't be praised. jungkook said that he drank only water for 5 days before filming butter mv. he wanted to look good. and he said it nonchalantly like it's not big deal. ugh

• Even when she is dieting in a healthy way.... if you are already very thin before, at some point it is no longer enough for the body. She probably trained more than she had energy.

I hope she feels better soon.Crying at 2x

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Her body is literally perfect here, perfect proportions.

She called herself a little chubby when referencing this video of her. I think she was referring to her face, the drastic weight loss has made her face look more like the visuals that everyone wants from idols (smaller, more defined).

Personally, i have always considered Somi one of the top visuals in Kpop, and to me she looks great in every era.

Yes, she looked so good in this video, is sad that she doesn't see it the same way as us.

• Her body is literally perfect here, perfect proportions.

She was perfect during that Birthday Radio show performance.

It's crazy to me she thought she needed to lose weight.

She was literally at the perfect weight.

Let alone concern for health. But just visually. There was no way to improve. Certainly not by losing weight.

• Baeggi  BlackpinkHouse

well why even bother to lose weight when you look like that?

PeriodicPoorIndigowingedparrot.webp

GivingUnsungLeopard-size_restricted.gif

YellowEvilBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

NaughtyThisAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

• Do Koreans realize that being severely underweight is MORE deadly than obesity? I feel like a lot of idols are going to die young because of the abuse they put themselves through during their careers. The obsession this society has with being stick thin is fucking weird.

• Some people here don't realize but they are PART of the problem. I know you guys might have good intentions but making body comparisons of a girl who has spoken up about her insecurities is not it.

One of the main reasons Somi went thru a diet for her latest cbs is because she feels the pressure of living up to her old body, the body you guys are posting, the one she had when she was a teen. It's obvious nobody can look the same forever and people bringing up her past looks only increase the pressure she has (being a solo singer, trying to fit in with the rest of thin idols, etc)

Also we can't know if her past looks were the product of healthy diets or just the body of a teenager still growing. So it shouldn't be the standard for her.

Just let Somi grow and let behind her teen image from years ago.

One of the reasons Somi is dieting now is because she wants to look like her old teen self that people like you praise, comparing her body to how it was when she was a teen is only increasing her insecurities, it's not helping at all

• Growing to adulthood doesn't mean turning into a walking skeleton. That makes zero sense.

I don't see how we're part of the problem when the only thing we say is it's ok to have curves and plump cheeks. Just eat a flippin burrito once in a while and you should be good.

• I see your point.

But I'm not saying she needs to live up to any standard.

The topic is about her weight loss and whether her trying to maintain it has been unhealthy for her.

I used her Birthday weight as an example, but I didn't mean to imply she needs to only keep that body.

My point was that at that time she was heavier and looked great. Thus she shouldn't feel pressure to cut weight at all if she doesn't want to.

I'm not suggesting she needs to maintain her teen image.

• Growing to adulthood doesn't mean turning into a walking skeleton. That makes zero sense.

I don't see how we're part of the problem when the only thing we say is it's ok to have curves and plump cheeks. Just eat a flippin burrito once in a while and you should be good.

If she needs an IV because she fainted, that's all you have to take into account.

• Being healthy is a moderation.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!