Twice fans took losing #1 better than SNSD fans

• Just an observation. Twice fans were more chill while some SNSD fans were like someone toppled their sacred statue and started hating 3rd gen GGs over it. I think that’s why Brave Girls doesn’t get hate despite their rise while rising GGs during the 2nd gen like Girls Day, APink, SISTAR, AOA got looked down on

• I don't know but Brave Girls got their success after 10 years so I don't think I can hate them for anything as a ONCE.

I want to hear good music from TWICE, I don't really care about achievements, UNLESS ppl start bashing TWICE "flops" OR newspapers trying to downgrade TWICE's success.

Which they did in ICTSM era so I was stressed about AF's achievements. They did pretty well though.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I don't know but Brave Girls got their success after 10 years so I don't think I can hate them for anything as a ONCE.

I want to hear good music from TWICE, I don't really care about achievements, UNLESS ppl start bashing TWICE "flops" OR newspapers trying to downgrade TWICE's success.

Which they did in ICTSM era so I was stressed about AF's achievements. They did pretty well though.

in the 2nd gen SNSD fans were more stuck to the idea their biases had to be #1 in everything. It was when SM dominated the industry so they almost saw it as a right. Things changed in the 3rd gen and those types of fans seem to gravitate towards BPink more now

• Everyone needs their

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

The higher you fall, the more it hurts :pepe-tea:

Alcohol frees charting, sales and achievements would like to have word with you. I wish everyone falls like twice.

:pepe-toast:

Desbundar

• no group stays #1 forever. snsd, super junior, bigbang, twice, exo... they’ve left their marks in history and have established themselves as some of the biggest kpop acts ever. all those achievements are still there. roger federer might not be the #1 tennis player in the world right now but his legacy remains sealed in the history books

twice continues beating themselves each comeback and that’s all that matters. their music post-fancy might not be for me, but their growth and change in maturity and their artistry has been heartwarming to see as a previous fan

• The higher you fall, the more it hurts :pepe-tea:

This. SNSD were at the top far longer than Twice, their domination lasted almost a decade. Of course it was harder for sones to cope with decline in popularity. Meanwhile, Twice's no. 1 spot was stolen by another gg when they were already 3-4 years old as a group.

• This. SNSD were at the top far longer than Twice, their domination lasted almost a decade. Of course it was harder for sones to cope with decline in popularity. Meanwhile, Twice's no. 1 spot was stolen by another gg when they were already 3-4 years old as a group.

Wait, did SNSD dominate the entire time? I thought they were only on top for some of the years they were together, while other groups like Sistar and WG got their time to shine as well.

• God I'll never forget how fking messy Holiday Night was

Wait, did SNSD dominate the entire time? I thought they were only on top for some of the years they were together, while other groups like Sistar and WG got their time to shine as well.

SNSD hadn't been #1 digital group since 2010 but they'd always been the #1 group because of their fandom size, sales, touring numbers and just how big their brand power as a group and as individuals was.

JYP shafted Twice in a ton of ways

• Wait, did SNSD dominate the entire time? I thought they were only on top for some of the years they were together, while other groups like Sistar and WG got their time to shine as well.

Sistar and T-ara gave them a run for their money digitally, and Kara was at least on the same level in Japan.

But SNSD was always #1 in album sales, they even outsold all boy groups one year. Twice has great sales but they never outsold Exo or BTS.

To address the topic, I think a good percentage of Onces are guys who don’t participate in online drama.

• The competition now isn't the same as it was during snsd days. No gg could come close to their physical sales and tours while twice already found a strong competition in izone and bp years ago, and while SNSD wasn't always the #1 gg digitally, nobody could compete with their overall digital power, while now we have a couple of ggs above twice digitally since last year at least.

Even TaeTiSeo was outselling all other ggs so SONEs ego was over the roof, in top of that the individual members were the top celebs in the industry and it was very difficult for anyone else to come close to Taeyeon, for example.

I remember how hard the arguments about Yoona vs Suzy went lmao

• Sistar and T-ara gave them a run for their money digitally, and Kara was at least on the same level in Japan.

But SNSD was always #1 in album sales, they even outsold all boy groups one year. Twice has great sales but they never outsold Exo or BTS.

To address the topic, I think a good percentage of Onces are guys who don’t participate in online drama.

Kara destroyed snsd in Japan.

• I am a ONCE but let's not act like a lot of people in our fandom didn't make fun of SNSD when TWICE became the top GG and NGG, both ONCEs and SONEs have some rotten apples in their fandoms and i remember a lot of people in my fandom calling SNSD grandmas and provoking SONEs and SONEs already had big egos so they were easy to bait into arguments that were wars back then

• Kara destroyed snsd in Japan.

Kara destroyed snsd in Japan.

Well yeah, Snsd had that one big album. But, Kara was taking in by Japan. They were loved on another level.

They were pretty much on par. SJJD had better album sales, better concert sales (first and only girl group to do 55k in Tokyo Dome, same one that Kara only sold 40k for) and their singles didn't do too badly in comparison. Kara was more popular but they were pretty much on the same level, Kara just promoted in Japan more heavily because of how bad DSP fucked up their careers in Korea

• The important thing is that they are happy and Onces too are being well fed.

Being successful is indeed important and may plays a factor in the longevity of a group.

I'm not worried since I think TWICE is still doing just fine,

they are still maintaining a huge fandom and slowly increasing in that too.

• The important thing is that they are happy and Onces too are being well fed.

Being successful is indeed important and may play a factor in longevity of a group.

I'm not worried since I think TWICE is still doing just fine, they are still maintaining a huge fandom and slowly increasing.

A reason why Twice not charting in Korea as well as they once did doesn't bother me is cause Twice have nothing to prove anymore. Their string of number 1 hits isnt going to be beaten anytime soon and their overall physical record will take even longer to beat since they are still selling 500k. And even when they do get beaten that doesn't diminish Twice's success, they will always be known for those achievments. SNSD still has a major achievement that hasnt been beaten, top selling korean act not just GG, and it isn't likely to be given the current sales trends and they are still remembered for things outside of that.

And at the end of the day, Onces just want Twice to be happy and healthy and since they've been gaining more international fans these last 2 years they are still growing in different fields.

• A reason why Twice not charting in Korea as well as they once did doesn't bother me is cause Twice have nothing to prove anymore. Their string of number 1 hits isnt going to be beaten anytime soon and their overall physical record will take even longer to beat since they are still selling 500k. And even when they do get beaten that doesn't diminish Twice's success, they will always be known for those achievments. SNSD still has a major achievement that hasnt been beaten, top selling korean act not just GG, and it isn't likely to be given the current sales trends and they are still remembered for things outside of that.

And at the end of the day, Onces just want Twice to be happy and healthy and since they've been gaining more international fans these last 2 years they are still growing in different fields.

Yes, they have achieved it all and well respected as top group in Korea.

Now is all about playing the long race game.

What matters is everyone is happy right?

• Yep yep, and the fact that they are gaining new fans and listeners past what i consider their "peak" makes me confident in their longevity as a group

And if they are making the music they want now and still gaining new fans with it, then they probably will want to keep making music for a long time. Let's break the seven year curse!

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Twice reign on top was short. The gap between their power in digital, album sales, and touring was similar to their other contemporaries. It's just their cumulative that is big due to their amount of comebacks.

SNSD had a longer reign on top, ahead of their contemporaries in album sales, concerts, CFs, punlic recognition, solo works. SNSD in 2021 alone had more individual works and all members are busy than most groups lol.

Also lol at that one person who think Kara is so overwhelmingly more popular than Soshi in Japan, when even in 2021 survey SNSD is still in their survey of most loved girlgroups while Kara is n/a. Kara is more popular sure, overwhelmingly more popular? Lol

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!