I don't think any fandom in KPOP has a buying power quite like NCTzens...

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know I probably talked about this a lot but man, I am surprised every single time I see daily hanteo updates....

When the year end chart is revealed, y'all will be surprised at how much NCT has sold in 2021....

To keep selling 4K-5K albums for few album every single day is not easy....

NCTzens are physical album buying monsters. I don't think any fandom comes close to them....

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Agreed they are like rich rich

For those who don't know the silver cards can go from 300-700+ each

• Agreed they are like rich rich

For those who don't know the silver cards can go from 300-700+ each

Holy shittttt.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• how many versions do they have? that can help with sustaining sales.

but yeah, their buying is intense.

Let's look at online concert numbers vs albums sold, bc that should be pretty indicative of hardcore fandom willing to spend money - even if the absolute numbers are obviously just conjecture, in relative terms the comparison stands:

BTS had 1 million tickets sold and 4,4 million albums: 1 person buys roughly 4-5 albums.

Blackpink had 280k tickets and 1,5 million albums: 1 person buys roughly 5 albums.

NCT Dream had somewhat less than 100k I think and 2 million albums: 1 person buys roughly 20 albums. Even if their fandom doubled after Resoncance that's still 1 person buying 10 albums, so twice as much as top groups BTS and BP.

• The concert numbers may not be as reliable.... for the determination of the buying power.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• yeah it's really amazing how their albums released years ago keep selling thousands this year. It shows how important nct 2020 era was. Like resonance might not even be top 5 best selling nct albums in the future but it's for sure the most iconic given the impact it has on their growing fandom.

Neo zone sold so much after resonance that they went from around 800k to 950k+, almost getting the million certification on gaon a year after release. It's what she deserves.

• yeah it's really amazing how their albums released years ago keep selling thousands this year. It shows how important nct 2020 era was. Like resonance might not even be top 5 best selling nct albums in the future but it's for sure the most iconic given the impact it has on their growing fandom.

Neo zone sold so much after resonance that they went from around 800k to 950k+, almost getting the million certification on gaon a year after release. It's what she deserves.

I was shocked at how quick Neozone was selling out.....

Resonance is probably their most iconic era now....

Waiting for next NCT full album.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• The fact that NCT Dream went from selling 600-700k to over 2 million. Their fandom doesn't play.

It's true. I think being full album helped Hot Sauce a lot since the whole fandom was tired of Mini and single albums, They were asking for a full album, I said it 2 months ago, If SM gave Dream a full album, they will be a million seller but damn I didn't expect them to sell 2M....

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• From the albums linked on OP

neo zone : 2 regular versions + 1 expensive one

Resonance pt. 2: 2 regular versions

We boom: 2 regular versions

Hot sauce: 3 regular versions + jewel case(with 7 individual covers)

Then you have other groups releasing individual versions too or like 4 per album but none growing that much so I don't think it's really a factor

And SM never released numbers for Dream beyond live. Only for nct 2020 which is the 3rd most watched after bp and bts (200k viewers) and 127 with around 104k. Even then it's not useful to compare dream and 127 numbers because that happened when they were selling around 600k-800k albums each one.

Resonance era marked a new fandom for them and I think the numbers for nct 2020 are the most comparable, even if Taeyong, the leader with a big cfandom and Jisung weren't participating.

• Interesting.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• It's true. I think being full album helped Hot Sauce a lot since the whole fandom was tired of Mini and single albums, They were asking for a full album, I said it 2 months ago, If SM gave Dream a full album, they will be a million seller but damn I didn't expect them to sell 2M....

I bet even SM didn't know it would be this huge. Repackage should be inevitable now

🌻 can you believe its only the beginning? 🌻

1989932d781b234b4649363d3a5299d53eaa97b1.gifv ebae5a75bbd3a7178d4838548283b5cf81e46117.gifv b4bec6927047f7779dccebafdc6d4a9c0fd68682.gifv

• It's worth noting here that NCT has multiple units, and NCT Dream has started making a musical shift with Hot Sauce, so the fans buying may be wider than just the Dreamzen base and may cover other Czennies. I'm not usually a fan of Dream's music, but I liked Hot Sauce so much I purchased the digital album.

I'd also note that taking the vlive concerts as indicative of the fanbase is probably not a realistic measure. Just in my personal circle, I've seen many people buy the 127, SuperM and Baekhyun physical albums that did not buy the Vlives concerts. Plus, many people share their stream - so any 1 purchase can be 2+ people viewing.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• It's worth noting here that NCT has multiple units, and NCT Dream has started making a musical shift with Hot Sauce, so the fans buying may be wider than just the Dreamzen base and may cover other Czennies. I'm not usually a fan of Dream's music, but I liked Hot Sauce so much I purchased the digital album.

I'd also note that taking the vlive concerts as indicative of the fanbase is probably not a realistic measure. Just in my personal circle, I've seen many people buy the 127, SuperM and Baekhyun physical albums that did not buy the Vlives concerts. Plus, many people share their stream - so any 1 purchase can be 2+ people viewing.

Exactly.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I was shocked at how quick Neozone was selling out.....

Resonance is probably their most iconic era now....

Waiting for next NCT full album.

It's what happens when they do yearbooks/reunions. I wasn't part of the fandom then but Empathy was also their best selling when it released (it's so iconic), then 127 released regular-irregular which sold more, then dream outdid that number with We Boom and then 127 with neo zone, and so on...

The same is happening with resonance effect but in new heights I couldn't even imagine

• All I remember is estimating you guys so much that I only made on limited badge for Hot Sauce that sold out in 22 minutes flat. Felt so bad that I underestimated how great the demand was that I made one for Dive into You the next day! And yes, that sold out too!

Akorns is harder to get than real life money. :pepe_akorns:

lt64IYu.gif

• All I remember is underestimating you guys so much that I only made one limited badge for Hot Sauce that sold out in 22 minutes flat. Felt so bad that I underestimated how great the demand was that I made one for Dive into You the next day! And yes, that sold out too!

You forgot the fact we are the only fandom in history to actually buy a subforum :peperich:

• Lets keep that to SME groups.

Since most SME groups' sales stagnate or increase very slowly after reaching a certain high, NCT's growth is impressive.

Because SM stops restocking them after a certain time...

In NCT's case, the sales are consistently rising, I have been noticing for 4 months now....

You may not know the extent of their growth, I do.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Lets keep that to SME groups.

Since most SME groups' sales stagnate or increase very slowly after reaching a certain high, NCT's growth is impressive.

I feel the same happens to most companies, it's not SM only so is even more impressive how much nct grows each comeback despite being 5-years-old.

jyp with got7 and twice (older than nct). they started increasing at slow rates, and their latest comebacks sold less than the previous ones. day6 I think is increasing but just slowly.

same for yg (except bp, same age as nct but a special case). ikon and winner (seniors) decreased sales after hitting their peaks years ago.

cube: since g-idle are too recent, checking btob sales, it shows they started to decrease after 2018. clc was really never there, hyuna too decreased her sales before leaving the company. pentagon (same age as nct) is increasing, thanks to RTK, but very slowly.

starship: monsta x (nct seniors) increased with their last cb but slowly, I think they hit their ceiling, same for wonho's solo. wjsn sub-unit is doing good but the group (same age as nct) is stagnated, same case for rookies cravity.

woollim: lovelyz stagnated, drippin isn't increasing sales and it's too soon to tell with RP. only golcha (nct juniors) shows a growth each comeback but it's not really big

pledis: nu'est and seventeen (nct seniors) keep improving but not at the same rate as nct.

fantagio: weki meki is the worst case of a decrease, astro is the only one I can see is improving with considerable numbers (120k vs 360k )

• Yeah I concur. I'll explain my reply to you (it'll better to do so than explaining to daniel).

The first statement was a reply to the title of the thread and not a dig tbvh.

The second statement is a praise for NCT and reason why I think their growth is impressive.

• Yeah I concur. I'll explain my reply to you (it'll better to do so than explaining to daniel).

The first statement was a reply to the title of the thread and not a dig tbvh.

The second statement is a praise for NCT and reason why I think their growth is impressive.

Damn, That hurt my feelings :pepecute::pepe-comfy::crys:

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• its because of photocard collecting and trading probably that contributes to bulk buying, also many many sub units

• I didn't mean to though. I have been kept on hanging by my boss for 5-6 hrs now and I decided to come here in between with one eye on there. So I was somewhat cranky when i replied here lol.

Also no need to feel hurt. We're all strangers from different parts of the world. Just engaging over the thing we love i.e. music.

I was being overdramatic. I was kidding.....

When I have to explain my humor, I go :pepefacepalm::pepe-peek:

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Flop Nct is doing that.

I'm glad the "SM wasted so much money on Nct and Nct doesn't make much" days are no more.

Go Nct, dominate the world.

External Content youtu.be

• I'd also note that taking the vlive concerts as indicative of the fanbase is probably not a realistic measure. Just in my personal circle, I've seen many people buy the 127, SuperM and Baekhyun physical albums that did not buy the Vlives concerts. Plus, many people share their stream - so any 1 purchase can be 2+ people viewing.

well obviously, the absolute numbers aren't correct. But the same is true for all groups, I'm pretty sure BTS for example had illegal streams with over a million people watching too. And there'll be people who buy both, or one or the other (ticket/album) for any fandom. So in relative terms, the comparison stands. If you compare tickets, digitals, streaming and physical sales you get a pretty good idea of what fandoms buy the most albums per person.

• Official Post

I believe that SM restocked many of their albums at the beginning of the year which was an excellent move. NCT 2020 was a huge moment for the group and the year in general attracted a lot of new fans.

I've said to before and I'll say it again. They were the perfect pandemic group. Hours of free, easily accessible, English subtitled content on YouTube.

• This thread contains 57 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!