Can NewJeans survive this?

• Can NewJeans survive this MHj vs HYBE civil war 95

The result is only visible to the participants.

Cast your forecast here and come bacm visit after all is said and done.

Will NewJeans end up as Aespa 2.0 or FIFTY FIFTY 2.0?

Aespa survived the whole LSM issue and are now thriving despite them being product of LSM's vision. FF on the other hand totally screwed over cause the members sided with "betrayer".

I expect NewJeans to be affected because of MHJ departure. Hybe will keep them but without MHJ, not sure whether they will get similar creative input and/or whether HYBE gonna put more money for them or their new fave ILLIT

• NJ will stay but without Min Heejin it won't be as dominant as it used to be. Plus, without her, all they will do is now work, especially Hyein who is only loyal to MHJ.

It will end up as an ordinary act, no longer dominant

• Yeah. Contractually they can't leave and I don't see them taking MHJ's side over their own interests. Hybe have their hands tied & will be forced to explicitly invest in them for their next comeback so that the public won't think the girl would've been better leaving and going off with MHJ.

• They're too big to fail. Not really worried about the company politics or financial side, HYBE will sort it out.

Only concern how the members will be affected by this personally. Some of the comments MHJ made while weaponizing them (eg. members calling her to cry) were a bit concerning. They definitely seem to have had a very strange working relation.

• Of course they will be fine. HYBE protects their artists, shame they couldn’t do it sooner. Never should have involved MHJ to begin with. At least it’s better late than never. They miscalculated when they brought her on.

• How are aespa & 5050 remotely comparable when one was a group with an established following and the other wasn't....fifty fifty were always going to fall off that scandal just exacerbated their downfall

NewJeans will be fine but the quality will likely severely diminish. It's like when LSM left and although aespa's output since then has been pretty good alot of it hasn't reached Next Level/Savage quality for that reason. If HYBE tries that pushing towards the West strategy theyve done with all their artists they'll likely fall off a bit because not doing that was a big part of their appeal. But anyway if we should really be worrying about anything it's how the members are doing, those kids are YOUNG and this is a less than ideal situation to be put in

• If their parents will take Mr.Bang's side and dump mhj, - I guess, nj will survive. If they will choose mhj's side, they will be canceled by the industry

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• They cried on the phone with her for 20 mins and don’t want her to leave. The parents also stand with MHJ. I don’t know what will happen but it’s not like HYBE needs them. HYBE created two exact copies of New Jeans and replicated their success. Bang doesn’t care for them.

Like have y’all read those translations lol?

He wanted Le Sserafim to debut first so the public assumed it was MHJ girl group and was jealous of New Jeans BB debut. He tried so hard with TXT and Enhypen only to have a girl group not under his care smash that record.

I wish New Jeans all the luck in the world in that company. All those men around them now that MHJ isn’t with them is scary. You even have Belift Lab being unprofessional, posting and deleting an instagram picture of a middle finger directed at MHJ.

What’s important here is what HYBE will have New Jeans saying. If you look on Naver, Korean Twitter and theqoo it’s all leaning to MHJ side. They’re comparing it to a women’s rights.

These first few weeks will be interesting and quite chaotic for New Jeans. They’ll probably have them fabricate a “lie” or “story” to paint MHJ in the wrong or something else 🤔

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited 2 times, last by Park_Oppa ().

• Even with Illit just by debuting lot of us were saying newjeans will be affected, but after this whole thing of mhj publicly pointing out hybe and bsh copied newjeans and how mhj claimed the members support her... no chance, the current newjeans can't survive so this is pretty much the end of newjeans as we know it. They won't be the top priority and the hybe support won't be the same, plus either newjeans or illit change their concept but both can't use it at the same time they will be attacked a lot for it. Hybe has the MHJ template but how good they can use it and for how long is another story.

The only way newjeans can survive is if their members and their parents pull a fifty fifty keena, totally "betray" MHJ and pledge complete allegiance to hybe and beg for forgiveness, and just accept whatever conditions hybe offers to them. One of the best outcomes is hybe using them as jyp is doing with twice, not too much effort or support but since they make a lot of money use them as a money printing machine.

• I voted 'Yes but affected'

But the effect could be good or bad, we will find out.

• I think they will be affected but not significantly if they choose to keep their heads down and just focus on being idols

it is better to be a foolish subject than to partake in meaningless fights

• Well Bunnies (or what ever the fandom is called) are too busy fighting in the big thread that they have not created a comeback thread for NJs

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oops, never mind, there is one

• NJ will stay but without Min Heejin it won't be as dominant as it used to be. Plus, without her, all they will do is now work, especially Hyein who is only loyal to MHJ.

It will end up as an ordinary act, no longer dominant

Can i know why Hyein is only loyal to MHJ?

• NewJeans will be fine but the quality will likely severely diminish. It's like when LSM left and although aespa's output since then has been pretty good alot of it hasn't reached Next Level/Savage quality for that reason. If HYBE tries that pushing towards the West strategy theyve done with all their artists they'll likely fall off a bit because not doing that was a big part of their appeal. But anyway if we should really be worrying about anything it's how the members are doing, those kids are YOUNG and this is a less than ideal situation to be put in

i beg to differ for the aespa part. I dont think Spicy and Drama are not on par with Savage and Next Level.

But i do think aespa was lucky that SM post LSM still pushing them with the same sound and concept. Note that despite Spicy was more bright, the sound is totally in aespa-core. And with this full album, they are coming back to Kwangya concept.

The same may or may not happen to Newjeans post MHJ departure. Bang PD either hold on to the promise to continue Newjeans with similar concept OR he could be resentful and just give them random comebacks. We will have to wait to find out but I'm not leaning to the former because ILLIT has debut with similar concept, logically Bang being the egoself will focus more on ILLIT and LSRF (this is not logical from biz pov but ego ..)

• Can i know why Hyein is only loyal to MHJ?

The others all went thru Source so they at least had some contact with Hybe organization. Hyein is exclusively with MHJ; in fact Hyein's closest friend in showbiz is Rora of BM, since they were in the same children's dancing act. She knows no one in Hybe.

• I honestly think HYBE/BPD are too greedy for success and money that even if MHJ is gone, they will try to keep NJ alive and successful and prove that MHJ was not needed lol

They are a corporate in the end, the one that brings the most money gets the most support

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• If they have a brain fart and side with MHJ, they will 50-50 themselves.

I think MHJ has fked them regardless, by dragging so many fandoms into this mess.

• They are a corporate in the end, the one that brings the most money gets the most support

If that's the case they will be keeping MHJ.

There are alot of factors.

- Girls might be stress/sad that MHJ is gone and may not perform as well as before.

- New producers may not be as good, going in a bad direction. ie Itzy.

- Company may lose hope of the girls thinking they'll definitely leave right after their contract expires. So won't invest in them as much.

Only time will tell what they will do. I do think they'll maintain their popularity for the next 1-2 yrs though.

• This is what I am saying, HYBE will work to keep NJ working and successful to keep the members/ parents on their side and prove that even without MHJ it will work, HYBE already sees that NJs has a BIG fanbase, this is not easy to replicate, if so they would have done it with LSRF lol

Or maybe I don't understand corporate enough :pepe-shrug:

Also, Tbh if MHJ now wants to stay I think HYBE will agree, and they will try to keep her quite/ put conditions though. She was beneficial to HYBE they cannot deny that

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• LSM was the same way, ego trumps everything with Korean men apparently. He wanted it to be "his" group that did the best.

LSM didnt cast any group aside to let aespa shine LMAO.

The only thing LSM being dragged by fans of other senior groups was that he tried to connect those groups into aespa's lore. There was no instance that older group forced to move away for aespa's comeback (not known to public)

• It's noise marketing, to give sympathy for the group as they are seen as victims.

It's a HYBE PR strategy where the aim is to inflate the value of NJ's as the 2 "battle over them"

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!