i just know some of antis feel real stupid thinking ETA was about domestic terrorism…

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sure, terrorism..... people be really over analyzing and be saying anything to drag successful girl

:hey-bee::farmer-bee:

• There are legitimate complaints about newjeans and their content, but this was never one of them. The idea that a song by a Korean teen pop group would have anything to do with Basque terrorists is so outlandish that I can't believe it gained any traction whatsoever.

It's just MHJ's past transgressions that have made people hyper-vigilant and pick over everything about newjeans with a fine-toothed comb.

• I mean you can complain about MHJ and cookie issues since they are legit problems.

but for iPhone ads, I sure ADOR is not stupid and don't want to get sued by Apple :skull:

• Are we all playing stupid or what

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

Something doesn’t have to be about the actual thing to have problematic references in it. Cartoons and programs aimed at children can have problematic symbols or adult art work in the background, doesn’t mean it’s not a cartoon.

I mean tbh I don’t particularly care one way or the other but this type of argument “oh why will a teen pop group do this and this” is really stupid. Adults are creating the product that is new jeans, it quite common for creators to add their owns symbols/political leanings/bigotry/and literally anything into the work they produce.

People who think MHJ can add any and all symbol and imagery into her works have their own justifications for it. Maybe there’s merit to it. And maybe not. Either way…It doesn’t mean “the song is about terrorism”

• lol very very true.

However, this question still haunts me every night - what in Sam hill were those three rando Spanish names in the teaser for? I think that threw everyone off. Did those names end up being relevant in the ETA video? Were they the names of the three Spanish kids in the MV's love triangle?

first words you hear in the MV: "Hey Eva, isn't that your boyfriend?"

• They realized pretty quickly how absolutely moronic they weren't being and came up with "Noise marketing" as a cope. And then moved onto the next witch hunt :pepe-big-brain:

it very quickly moved from legitimate concerns to "I can make any claims I want about NewJeans because if I'm wrong well MHJ has been gaslighting me anyway"

• it very quickly moved from legitimate concerns to "I can make any claims I want about NewJeans because if I'm wrong well MHJ has been gaslighting me anyway"

Yeah that became pretty obvious to me when their name suddenly became a reference to pedophilia. Some people need to be locked up in the OMG universe fr

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I don't think anyone thought it was gonna be about terrorism though most knew it wasn't gonna be about the Spanish terrorist group ETA but the intention that it could be associated with it to get attention ( regardless if it's negative attention or not) was the issue given Min heejin track history. The references were there the fact that they used Spanish names and one of them of Basque origin( same of the leader) they knew it was gonna get people talking just for later go with something else completely of what people originally thought. That was what they were aiming for and it worked everyone was anticipating it .

• I don't think anyone thought it was gonna be about terrorism though most knew it wasn't gonna be about the Spanish terrorist group ETA but the intention that it could be associated with it to get attention ( regardless if it's negative attention or nor) was the issue given Min heejin history. The references were there the fact that they used Spanish names and one of them of Basque origin( same of the leader) they knew it was gonna get people talking just for later go with something else completely of what people originally thought. That was what they were aiming for and it worked everyone was anticipating it .

"if I'm wrong well MHJ has been gaslighting me anyway"

• None of them actually thought it was ever about domestic terro.

It was just, the ends justify the means. For some it doesn't matter if a group's company bribes with adult services, smears others or sajaegi. The ends justify the means.

• There are legitimate complaints about newjeans and their content, but this was never one of them. The idea that a song by a Korean teen pop group would have anything to do with Basque terrorists is so outlandish that I can't believe it gained any traction whatsoever.

It's just MHJ's past transgressions that have made people hyper-vigilant and pick over everything about newjeans with a fine-toothed comb.

Because kpop fans especially woke sjws are 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡. They will say anything to make something fit their twisted minds and clown world idea of reality.

Still absurd a teen kpop girl group of Asians from Asia mainly from Korea, somehow knows soo deeply about Italian history to make a song about terrorism??? 🤡🤡 You can't make this shit up how dumb people are.

that's as dumb as saying BTS Dynamite sponsors terrorism and ISIS because the name is about bombs🤡🤡🤡🤡. Tldr fans are very very stupid

• This person is obsessed with NewJeans to an unhealthy extent. But when someone says something remotely negative about their girls, they lose their shit everytime

At first I thought they were just a hater and their saltiness and jealousy was making them blind, but then I started to pay attention to their other posts in non NJ related threads and nope, this user is among the dumbest person I've ever met.

They just happen to dislike NJ, but that's a detail, I'm afraid

• People who actually thought Newjeans were making a song about terrorism the dumbest mfers ever :check-bee:

And who even knows if it's noise marketing or not, can't exactly see what's going on in MHJ's head (although idt i want but-)

• I mean the two controversial issues in mv "Cool with you" and "ETA" is not directed even by her :skull:

sometimes I wonder why people give MHJ too much credit. She is a weird woman(maybe a p***?), good at her job, but that's all.

People who actually thought Newjeans were making a song about terrorism the dumbest mfers ever :check-bee:

And who even knows if it's noise marketing or not, can't exactly see what's going on in MHJ's head (although idt i want but-)

that is the weakest noise marketing I have ever seen if this issue is real.

The cookie song(which is a real issue) makes more noise than this

• At first I thought they were just a hater and their saltiness and jealousy was making them blind, but then I started to pay attention to their other posts in non NJ related threads and nope, this user is among the dumbest person I've ever met.

They just happen to dislike NJ, but that's a detail, I'm afraid

Do moderators pick and choose who is reported for verbal abuse

Someone here tell me :pepe-notes:

• Do moderators pick and choose who is reported for verbal abuse

Someone here tell me :pepe-notes:

the fact that someone uses an argument I made about ETA arguably being noise marketing or intentional ( respectfully) based on references and the names use ( giving reasons what I think so) to attack me on personal level. Not to mention, the person criticizes what they actually do about bp. I feel is like they are projecting or something lol I not a single positive thing they have said about bp and I'm being nice.

• Who do you think you're fooling :skull:

Yourself maybe

I ask the same question lol btw I'm not the only who noticed you have this superiority complex about boy groups being better than girl groups downplaying girl group achievements and you did it with blackpink so spare me with that. You just happen to like nj otherwise you would have been the same with them.

Imagine going out of your way to get personal and insult me

• I haven't said a thing about this issue because I genuinely didn't care but seeing kpop stans thinking MHJ wasnt intentional about ETA being a deliberately controversial title and making it about a fanwar makes me think they are genuinely naive, just plain dumb or being ignorant on purpose. And because I believe some here are smarter than that, I'd like to think it's the latter. She knew what she was doing. There's no such thing as coincidences and trying to say it was is just gaslighting other people who picked on it. At very least, what she did was using the innocence of kpop to play with other issues because she knew she would get away with it, as there's nothing substantial to accuse her, specially for people who don't know the context (there's a reason why people who lived near the terrorists were the first to notice it). But let's not act like it was a coincidence and there was no room to be disgusted about this edgy idea. We are all smarter than that, and if you aren't, I'm sorry.

It's a direct criticism to MHJ, not your faves. Unless you also stan Min HeeJin.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• What made it even worse is that they were spreading complete misinformation about a tragic conflict in Spain's history. Eva being the so-called "first victim" was completely false and utter nonsense, the first victim was a man called José Pardines, a Guardia Civil member, there was no person called Eva killed by ETA. The only relation the name Eva has to ETA, is Eva Larrañaga (who there is barely any online info about), the still alive daughter of right-wing politician who was killed by ETA. A family member of one of the 800 victims killed by ETA, you expect the company to not only look up the names of all 800 victims but also their family members?

They were also literally pushing Spanish right-wing propaganda as well by immediately assuming because the name Mikel is Basque (also not a rare name btw, ETA alone had multiple ppl called Mikel), it absolutely had to be linked to a terrorist group. Basque ppl faced continuous discrimination throughout the years because of ETA + right-wing politicians still use ETA and the Basque conflict to further their own agenda.

Kpop stans really need to stop using sensitive issues for their own agenda and fanwars, especially if the only info you have about the issue is from other kpop stans and twitter. Also, maybe wait until the actual song and MV was released before going into outrage mode.

• as there's nothing substantial to accuse her, specially for people who don't know the context (there's a reason why people who lived near the terrorists were the first to notice it)

There's no such thing as coincidences and trying to say it was is just gaslighting other people who picked on it.

Mind you people from the Basque Region completely unassociated and uninterested in kpop were mocking tf out of people buying into this and pointing out how racist it was.

20230628_192807.jpg20230628_192850.jpg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

thinking MHJ wasnt intentional about ETA being a deliberately controversial title

If 99.98% of people think of ETA as Estimated Time of Arrival, how exactly is a controversial title? Google Maps, Uber, Lyft, every other navigation app, highway signs and all major airlínes are promoting terrorism now?

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I am sorry but that info about basque people mocking and finding the eta terrorism claim racist is just as vague as the eta's terrorist connotations in nj's.

You can choose to believe that there was absolutely zero deliberation by mhj and that she doesn't know what eta is. Sure there is a chance.

I already said what I think about this and I don't plan on keep going at this since I actually dont care. All I said is that making fun of people who made the association is playing dumb and look like gaslighting because the "coincidences" are right there for everyone to see regardless of the truth or not. It's a schrodinger's cat.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I am sorry but that info about basque people mocking and finding the eta terrorism claim racist is just as vague as the eta's terrorist connotations in nj's.

You can choose to believe that there was absolutely zero deliberation by mhj and that she doesn't know what eta is. Sure there is a chance.

I already said what I think about this and I don't plan on keep going at this since I actually dont care. All I said is that making fun of people who made the association is playing dumb and look like gaslighting because the "coincidences" are right there for everyone to see regardless of the truth or not. It's a schrodinger's cat.

At very least, what she did was using the innocence of kpop to play with other issues because she knew she would get away with it, as there's nothing substantial to accuse her,

By your own admission, the claims were vague and insubstantial but people can't make fun of you for buying into something major with 'proof' so minor?

You are constantly inserting yourself into NewJeans discussions making serious accusations and claiming anyone trying to reason with you is gaslighting or supporting some evil. Which is ironic as that's the actual definition of gaslighting and straw man arguments.

Feelings are not facts and your head cannon is not reality. Clearly you don't have people telling you that

• Lol no-one expected the MV to be about domestic terrorism, and the framing that the MV proves the allegations were off base is hilariously disingenuous.

People pointed out the interesting similarities (intended, unintended who knows, but this is MHJ who put Hiroshima in an RV video, so... she's got form) in the teaser. No-one expected the MV to be about a Basque nationalist group, and you guys trying to say that makes you just as much clowns as you claim the other people are.

What a hilarious circlejerk you guys have got going. The popcorn must flow I guess.

• By your own admission, the claims were vague and insubstantial but people can't make fun of you for buying into something major with 'proof' so minor?

You are constantly inserting yourself into NewJeans discussions making serious accusations and claiming anyone trying to reason with you is gaslighting or supporting some evil. Which is ironic as that's the actual definition of gaslighting and straw man arguments.

Feelings are not facts and your head cannon is not reality. Clearly you don't have people telling you that

Look, I didnt even talked about the ETA ss terrorism claims thing here when it was the talk in the forum, because I knew it was vague so it was pointless to say anything.

What I am saying is that making fun of people who made the association is gaslighting because it's ignoring that the "coincidences" exist, which was what these people based their association on. I think it was a deliberate controversial title and not a coincidence, doesnt mean I thought they would go full terrorism concept. Just that it's a wordplay in poor taste so again nothing substantial.

And I am genuinely tired of you guys derailing the subject to me when you guys run out of arguments whenever I criticize MHJ. Like, if you disagree with what I say it's fine, I don't say you're wrong just because you're a tokki. It's perfectly healthy to have and respect different points of views if there's no insult coming from either part. Resorting to ad hominem just look desperate. I am not ashamed to be MHJ's #1 critic here on this forum, on the contrary, and it's already old news.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains 56 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!