I AM is now outlongevitizing Ditto on Melon. It has a solid chance to earn SOTY over Ditto by the end of the year.

• Ditto is still top 10 atm. Lots of songs are ganning uls crazy which I assume it's due to more audience using the main 100 chart.

Longvity wise, I AM has the potential to close the gap with Ditto. NJ comeback def will give Ditto another run tho. We still in June so more unexpected hits can occure.

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Edited 2 times, last by Coldhit ().

• Ditto is still top 10 atm. Lots of songs are ganning uls crazy which I assume it's due to more audience using the main 100 chart.

Longvity wise, I AM has the potencial to close the gap with Ditto. NJ comeback def will give Ditto another run tho. We still in June so more unexpected hits can occure.

Maybe, but Ive will have another cb in October so talking about next release is quite irrelevant

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Ditto stayed at number 1 for 3 months. And yall can shout 'empty house' until your faces turn blue but let's be honest Ditto maintained number 1 against Mariah Carey on Christmas day and held off Seventeen BSS and Jisoo, who both had well-charting releases. And while it's not as busy as May was, it's still impressive for a rookie group to outchart members of veteran groups with their first comeback.

Also since I know the topic of peak uls will undoubtedly make its way into this conversation, I AM and Ditto only had a 25k uls difference in terms of peaks. And Ditto got 556,250 uls during December/January when people were mostly listening to Christmas songs and weren't checking out new releases.

Let's see if I AM stays in the top 10 for 7 months like Ditto before we make any judgments about longevity.

• IVE can't be popular because "w-what about Newjeans!!!"

Idk if you can read but this thread is literally a direct comparison brought on by a Dive so its cute that the competition you guys created is the threat to you.

Its okay, IVE will be just fine paying their bills with their local audience

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• A 5k difference in listeners and despite having a stronger start, has already slowed to match Ditto's pace in circle digital points.

You'd think it'd be harder to beat a song only successful because of it's "empty house" :swing-pepe:

• why people out here streaming i am by I've got no hits and no life....what has I've done to boost Korea's economy? They not real women and they not bringing in the golden bars to Korea and the korean peoples not happy with them and the streams are not real streams...people like ditto by amazing and show stopping and rich new jeans who making Korea proud and happy, real prideful korean people like that song, not hateful and bragging I am by I've got no money I've....who bragging about they money and jet planes that pollute the earth and kill fish in the sea. I've fans.....divers, will pay for this and they need to apologize to new jeans. Prideful Koreans will not take this slander of thought and speech.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• All right😅, Ive will win everything this year😉

Njs who? Njs nugu😊

I didnt say that. I said it's weird how you guys always downplay Ive's achievements because of a future event that haven't happened yet. It is a constant in this forum since NJ debuted and yes, it is very weird. Specially because Ive won't stop releasing new content either regardless of how well NJ does in a supposed future.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Ditto stayed at number 1 for 3 months. And yall can shout 'empty house' until your faces turn blue but let's be honest Ditto maintained number 1 against Mariah Carey on Christmas day and held off Seventeen BSS and Jisoo, who both had well-charting releases. And while it's not as busy as May was, it's still impressive for a rookie group to outchart members of veteran groups with their first comeback.

Also since I know the topic of peak uls will undoubtedly make its way into this conversation, I AM and Ditto only had a 25k uls difference in terms of peaks. And Ditto got 556,250 uls during December/January when people were mostly listening to Christmas songs and weren't checking out new releases.

Let's see if I AM stays in the top 10 for 7 months like Ditto before we make any judgments about longevity.

They will claim "it was an empty house!" with one breath and then "AND they had lower peak ULs!" in the next. both factually true, but together they reveal a very insecure way of framing the success of their faves

• Its a simple matter of collecting more points over the year

IVE had that advantage over NJ last year

NJ has that advantage this year

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I believe there are few moments where the first 4-6 months of a song are so outstandingly big they can win SOTY based on that alone, but it's a very rare occurrence and definitely not the case this year.

Ditto winning 2023 is a given, mainly because it was released earlier, same reason of why Love Dive won over Hype Boy

• Sorry for starting another argument. I just wanted to point out that SOTY isnt decided quite yet. Ditto has fallen precipitously, it's one song away from getting knocked out again after only 25 ish weeks - remember that this song destroyed almost all of Dynamite's records yet it's not seeing nearly the same longevity, Dyna lasted for 36 weeks in the top 10. Afterlike wasnt considered by many to be a national hit, but even that song did 27 weeks going directly against NJ, BP, Idle, Zico, etc last summer/fall.

And now I AM is gaining on kwinka at this very moment and has left Spicy in the dust. If I AM continues to remain stable with ULs and out performs Ditto by staying in the top 10 for 30+ weeks, it could rack up enough points in the final six months to do some damage on those end of year awards calculations.

This

Like IVE's biggest competition was Tomboy which was released I think slightly earlier? 1 month maybe? But Love Dive eventually rake up more points overall. It is undeniable that releasing earlier gives you a headstart.

Whether or not lets say Hype Boy was released at the same time as Love Dive if they would win instead, we wouldn't know because guess what, it didn't happen.

If Ditto win against every other song not just IVE, it is factually right that it indeed have a longer tracking period than every other contender. Would IVE or other groups have won if they released the same time as Ditto? Answer is we would never know.

It is facts that a song that is released earlier is going to have that advantage, and this does not take away any achievement or the popularity the song has. It is just facts, but people love to twist and turn to make this all about "fans being bitter"

But back to the actual topic, I do think it is going to be very hard for any song not just I AM to catch up with Ditto

• Sorry for starting another argument. I just wanted to point out that SOTY isnt decided quite yet. Ditto has fallen precipitously, it's one song away from getting knocked out again after only 25 ish weeks - remember that this song destroyed almost all of Dynamite's records yet it's not seeing nearly the same longevity, Dyna lasted for 36 weeks in the top 10. Afterlike wasnt considered by many to be a national hit, but even that song did 27 weeks going directly against NJ, BP, Idle, Zico, etc last summer/fall.

And now I AM is gaining on kwinka at this very moment and has left Spicy in the dust. If I AM continues to remain stable with ULs and out performs Ditto by staying in the top 10 for 30+ weeks, it could rack up enough points in the final six months to do some damage on those end of year awards calculations.

Ditto has 569 million points on circle charts

I Am has 296 million

The difference on weekly points was 12 million last week

Unless you're telling me I Am will manage to keep 12 million plus advantage over Ditto for the next 23 weeks I have no reason to believe you have an actual point here

The odds to it to happen are: Ditto collapsing to a degree it will make 2 million points a week (pro tip, not even Cookie is doing less than 4 million weekly) PLUS I Am keeping a monster mainstay on charts, Hype Boy Level levels of stability, doing 16-17 million plus weekly after 9 months

It won't happen, let it go. Never a song collapsed like that on Korean charts, it goes against Korean streaming habits (i.e. mindless playing the top 100 playlists without even bothering with who is there)

You're not betting against NewJeans, you're betting against Koreans. Good Lucky! :pepe-toast:

• you know what's bigger a than 280 million point difference?

7k ULs gap of course

checkmate

• The comparison between Ditto and I am is starting to become a bit absurd. Both songs have an almost identical performance, there're small differences in some times that could be for different factors such as timing, competition, now the Melon system change... But the songs performances are so close that to put one above the other doesn't make any sense at all.

The performance of the songs, added the others to put in context how close they're to each other.forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/270961/

Regarding the Soty discussion Ditto is going to sweep unless something weird happen because it had more time to chart and that's it. Last year Ive and NJs released the 2 biggest songs of the year and Ive swept the awards because they released it first, this year they both released the biggest songs of the year again but NJs are probably going to sweep the awards because they released it before now, I think it's a fair deal.

• Both songs have an almost identical performance, there're small differences in some times that could be for different factors such as timing, competition, now the Melon system change... But the songs performances are so close that to put one above the other doesn't make any sense at all.

This!

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Putting NJs aside, actually last year's competition was between Love Dive and Tomboy, and Tomboy was released earlier but Love Dive overtook.

But this year, Ditto is way ahead and released many more months earlier, for I AM to take over they need to not only be consistent, but they also need Ditto to flop which I don't see it happening.

The TLDR is basically, to win just release your songs earlier (Ditto), or if you choose to release your song later, make sure there are no digital giants before you (IVE/(G)I-DLE)

• This thread contains 103 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!