Ive vs Aespa: who do you consider more successful and impactful?

• Ive may have good Korean charting, but they do lack the touring power and selling power Aespa have. Also, Love Dive is a huge song but you don’t feel the same impact as Next Level. Everyone was doing the Next Level dance and Karina got coined the “AI it girl” title. Many celebrities even male celebrities in Japan were sending love to Winter. Karina tops 4th gen when it comes to Chinese support. Overall, which group is more impactful and successful?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Success wise i think Ive , they have a strong fanbase, very solid charting and do great in spotify etc....

And how do you measure impact ?

Are we talking about who we consider had the most impact on kpop overall and new groups ?

Because if it's the case i would say Aespa have a way bigger impact and IVE impact doesn't really feel in this sense

Or are we talking about who we consider had the most impact on the chart ?

Because if it's the case then it's IVE

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• what is aespa bigger impact?

• what is aespa bigger impact?

Aespa impact on kpop overall and new groups and companies is much bigger i would say than IVE

it's not a critics IVE is a typical GG so it's hard when you just follow the formula of typical GG

Because Aespa brought a new concept to kpop, the influence that they have on kpop and when companies start to try to follow it , it can be feels much more

Like groups with AI debuting, like MAVE, Superkind etc......

Companies hiring AI to promote like YG who sign an AI few months after

Electronic, futuristic, cyberpunk aesthetic becoming much more present in kpop after aespa with MV like BI "BTBT", Mirae "Killa" .....

Kakao launching a new survival show call re:verse to create a gg with AI

JYP launching NMIXX with the Nmixxpop sound after seeing that the Next level type of song can be successfull too

Etc......

• ah gotcha!

• didn't that AI trend thing actually start with K/DA? Iirc when Aespa debuted they had a lot of controversy with copying K/DA. If anything groups like MAVE and other projects KaKao is working on is more related to the huge success of K/DA that proved it could be done. But even then, interest in AI have been rising globally for a while now and is starting to hit main stream with things like AI art, Ai chat bots like ChatGPT, the Metaverse, Ai voice maker, etc. It seems a little strange to attribute the impact of all that to Aespa because they happen to come next in a set line up of where the industry was already heading. Post Hoc fallacy.

And, if I'm being completely honest, I really haven't seen any actual groups that aren't going down the K/DA route try an Ai concept like Aespa. When it comes to having an actual impact on the industry I would earnestly say that it's actually been New Jeans.

-the light make up, the all black hair and natural tones, the Y2K hair styles and looks, the chill RnB kind of tracks. We've seen groups like Triple S or whatever and even Nmixx get mentioned for being inspired by New Jeans than I have seen for Aespa.

• didn't that AI trend thing actually start with K/DA?

That would be totally delusional to say this k/da debuted in 2018 and the whole AI / Futiristic thing was going nowhere

Even k/da is nugu in korea only kpop care abt them

But since 2021 and NL success the whole hype from kpop companies for AI AND ai idols increase a lot and every korean media are crediting this new found hype in korea to Aespa and their metaverse who put AI to the front stage ok kpop

the light make up, the all black hair

Please edit this because you look like a fool

Light makeup and all black hair was literally a thing in kpop since forever and was used for innocent concept gfriend etc.... All used it

Only fools would credit this to NJ

light make up, the all black hair and natural tones, the Y2K hair styles and looks, the chill RnB kind of tracks. We've seen groups like Triple S or whatever and even Nmixx get mentioned for being inspired by New Jeans than I have seen for Aespa.

Your talking about one comeback of Nmixx

I'm talking about the whole way JYP have presented Nmixx

When they debuted JYP literally said that NMIXX is a group who would create a new genre call Nmixx pop because it would mix different genre in one song

And the entire kpop community call him fool because Next level was still going strong and it's literally what is NL, mixing 2 genre in one song

And even during their Vlive and show apparance at weekly idol i think it was

Multiple member at debut (i think bae and jinny) have been vocal about how one of the idol they were looking up the most was aespa and Karina

Or how one of the coolest stage they saw recently was Next level and savage

Also why are you even mentionning NewJeans nobody is talking about them here and the thread isn't even about them

Maybe you want so badly do deny the influence that aespa show in kpop recently that you have to being other name here to do it ?

• LD has a better longevity than NL ?

And multiply singers and celebs danced to LD

They sold out 5k tickets for their concert in KR, and over 80k japan alone. They debuted one year later than aespa.

The misinformation by mys is funny.

Mys ?? Weird because i saw no mys talk about LD having bad longevity or worst than NL

or even talking about concert ticket there

What's this weird obsession of trying to call out MYs for things that they even't said :pepefacepalm:

• Don't forget talent AESPA wins hard there against the untalented Wonyoung and the rest of the girls whose names can't even remember xD

• Don't really care about this actually. But after seeing the tweets, I just find them so funny.

IVE really can make Starship be seen as big as the actual big4 (if not more big). They can turn the produce curse to be produce privilege, and make new words among kpop fans like Kakao privilege.

Oh I forgot that Aespa is also under Kakao now, so welcome to Kakao privilege family 😈

BBB, now tell me your Twitter username. I'm in the mood to browser Twitter now :pepe-flirt:

• didn't that AI trend thing actually start with K/DA? Iirc when Aespa debuted they had a lot of controversy with copying K/DA. If anything groups like MAVE and other projects KaKao is working on is more related to the huge success of K/DA that proved it could be done. But even then, interest in AI have been rising globally for a while now and is starting to hit main stream with things like AI art, Ai chat bots like ChatGPT, the Metaverse, Ai voice maker, etc. It seems a little strange to attribute the impact of all that to Aespa because they happen to come next in a set line up of where the industry was already heading. Post Hoc fallacy.

And, if I'm being completely honest, I really haven't seen any actual groups that aren't going down the K/DA route try an Ai concept like Aespa. When it comes to having an actual impact on the industry I would earnestly say that it's actually been New Jeans.

-the light make up, the all black hair and natural tones, the Y2K hair styles and looks, the chill RnB kind of tracks. We've seen groups like Triple S or whatever and even Nmixx get mentioned for being inspired by New Jeans than I have seen for Aespa.

by your logic Newjeans also following the trend like aespa following AI trend since y2k aesthetic came back recently in the western entertainment too before NJ

• IVE and it isn't even close.

What about impact? I’ve never seen male idols cover Ive songs or be excited for them like with Aespa. Ive don’t seem to appeal to men

External Content youtube.com

External Content youtu.be

• What about impact? I’ve never seen male idols cover Ive songs or be excited for them like with Aespa. Ive don’t seem to appeal to men

External Content youtube.com

Yes plenty of male idols have danced to love dive and other ive songs, also who gives af what other idols are dancing to when IVE has literally all of korea dancing to their multiple songs.

• by your logic Newjeans also following the trend like aespa following AI trend since y2k aesthetic came back recently in the western entertainment too before NJ

No, it's not the same thing. Y2K has been trending for a while even in Korea before New Jeans dropped. But New Jeans has a unique list of combinations (that I listed) that took off after they blew up. In Aespa's case, K/da and all other groups like MAVE or PLAVE or other AI groups are rooted in a rise of completely new technology that started with K/da, for the korean music industry, anyway. When it comes to actually groups, like flesh and blood people, I don't see a bunch of nugu companies running to debut their groups with AI counterparts or even copy the Sci-fi tech fantasy that Aespa has. I don't even see big companies doing it. I don't see any company rushing to put out music like Aespa has either. If anything, it's the complete opposite. Look how nmixx had to go and abandon their whole identity for the Y2K look just to chart. If Aespa really had an impact on the industry, companies would be focusing on doing Sci-fi, ai, and fantasy like concepts.

• Ive may have good Korean charting, but they do lack the touring power and selling power Aespa have. Also, Love Dive is a huge song but you don’t feel the same impact as Next Level. Everyone was doing the Next Level dance and Karina got coined the “AI it girl” title. Many celebrities even male celebrities in Japan were sending love to Winter. Karina tops 4th gen when it comes to Chinese support. Overall, which group is more impactful and successful?

Ive and Aespa remind me of 2nd gen Snsd, 2ne1 and Sistar. Snsd was bigger in album sales and touring while 2ne1 and Sistar were digital monsters and 2ne1 had good touring numbers until YG dungeoned them who knows maybe they'd have grown bigger.

I see the same thing happening in 4th gen. There are going to be digital monsters, physical monsters, touring monsters etc depending on their companies, fans taste in music and other uncontrollable variables.

The best thing is for them to all do well.

• #EVERYONEKNOWS

I think we will know in the next 7 days based on song quality if Aespa are still main contenders, or SM will shift their focus onto SM NGG.

I agree.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!