Yall find what I say problematic because most of you didn't like early Twice to begin with

• Let's swap Twice with Blackpink for a minute.

Imagine BP removing all of their early songs like BBY, PFW, AIYL, D4, KTL, puttin them in some short medley and instead doing bunch of b sides and covers. And then Jennie goes on to Bambam's show and say that their early songs are embarrassing to perform. Sounds totally different innit?

Because you'd disagree with Jennie but you actually agree with Jihyo.

Don't tell me I am not a proper fan, it is the opposite. I like this group for their sound, which not only did they abandon with their newer music, but they are actually making fun of and erasing the old songs now.

I was so excited that they are coming to Europe, now I don't even care, I am not paying for this bs setlist.

• I think there have been rumors that BP actually ARE tired of their early songs. And the girls have a right to be frankly, they literally only played the same three songs (Whistle, BBY, PWF) in every appearance for almost two damn years =O=O=O . Imagine how sick they must be of those songs. I'm curious to see if they'll play the full versions of these songs at Coachella.

• Dreamer I've never not thought you a fan.. You are a Once just as the rest of us are.

And while you are often more aggressive in tone which leads some to claim otherwise. I believe thats just your way.

You're passionately aggressive about that which you're passionate about.

I don't agree with those who see you as an anti or fake fan.

• Eman, their last song was literally their debut song.

• Eman, their last song was literally their debut song.

I missed that then. I stand corrected if they did incorporate some. Ive only watched Twitter posts so far. So I'll have to watch the whole thing

He is referring to the last two encore songs which were decided by the wheel. LOA isn't part of the set list, it was just luck.

Here are all the songs on the wheel:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only TT and LOA are there with 7 other songs.

• He is referring to the last two encore songs which were decided by the wheel. LOA isn't part of the set list, it was just luck.

Here are all the songs on the wheel:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only TT and LOA are there with 7 other songs.

fact is that it landed on LOA, therefore that was their last song.

• Can someone link the Jihyo BamBam clip and give some context?

Are yall not on Once twitter? There were even many memes about it

This is the part of the interview:

• Or maybe they've grown as artists and want to leave those old songs behind? It's kind of disappointing to have over 16 albums but all you can do at a concert is old title tracks from years ago

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Or maybe they've grown as artists and want to leave those old songs behind? It's kind of disappointing to have over 16 albums but all you can do at a concert is old title tracks from years ago

First of all, Dua Lipa song isn't part of their 1 albums. Second, what is this bullshit that people keep bringing up all the time? Like imagine Eagles refusing to perform Hotel California because they are tired of it?? Everyone hates their job but it is something we keep doing because that what's expected from us.

• First of all, Dua Lipa song isn't part of their 1 albums. Second, what is this bullshit that people keep bringing up all the time? Like imagine Eagles refusing to perform Hotel California because they are tired of it?? Everyone hates their job but it is something we keep doing because that what's expected from us.

They're doing their job regardless of what song they sing and they do it pretty damn well. Those who don't get with the program get left behind gramps :pepe-slash:

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• First of all, Dua Lipa song isn't part of their 1 albums. Second, what is this bullshit that people keep bringing up all the time? Like imagine Eagles refusing to perform Hotel California because they are tired of it?? Everyone hates their job but it is something we keep doing because that what's expected from us.

I feel like you're misinterpreting why they hate the songs tho. Hotel California isn't a cringe childish song that was forced upon them. You gotta look at Twice for what they are, an manufactured group that had music forced on to them, because their company thought it'd sell.

This is like Justin Bieber getting on stage and performing Somebody to Love and Baby just because they are old hits. He doesn't, because they are cringe and music forced on to him by his company before he had actual control. Its not that Jihyo is tired of the songs, she (and probably others) think they are too mature/have too much self-respect now to sing dumb, sub, infantile music while they are grown women.

I respect twice & JYP for giving them input in their setlist and listening to the members if they say they don't wanna perform a song.

• I feel like you're misinterpreting why they hate the songs tho. Hotel California isn't a cringe childish song that was forced upon them. You gotta look at Twice for what they are, an manufactured group that had music forced on to them, because their company thought it'd sell.

This is like Justin Bieber getting on stage and performing Somebody to Love and Baby just because they are old hits. He doesn't, because they are cringe and music forced on to him by his company before he had actual control. Its not that Jihyo is tired of the songs, she (and probably others) think they are too mature/have too much self-respect now to sing dumb, sub, infantile music while they are grown women.

I respect twice & JYP for giving them input in their setlist and listening to the members if they say they don't wanna perform a song.

I like how you're explicitly stating that Twice is a manufactured group and then proceed to treating them like they are some sort of artists now. They are not. They are manufacture and performing their manufactured songs is their job. Justin Bieber is a different case because he's grown into an artist, he produces his songs now. Plus he has songs that actually exceed the popularity of Baby. Twice does not. Sorry to break it for you but Twice mature songs didn't really hit it on the nail.

• I just became a Once recently, but that's because I never stan anyone early on in their careers. I always wait until they have a lot of releases to decide.

I like both their old stuff and their new stuff. I'm going to see them in Toronto. I'll have a blast no matter which songs they perform. There's no one else I'd rather see at this point. I saw Metallica and gave zero f*cks. Twice is exciting.

• skill issue

• I like how you're explicitly stating that Twice is a manufactured group and then proceed to treating them like they are some sort of artists now. They are not. They are manufacture and performing their manufactured songs is their job. Justin Bieber is a different case because he's grown into an artist, he produces his songs now. Plus he has songs that actually exceed the popularity of Baby. Twice does not. Sorry to break it for you but Twice mature songs didn't really hit it on the nail.

Twice are not artists? You are spiraling mate.

• Jihyo said she’s embarrass because they are older and felt some of their songs felt not appropriate for their age now. She didn’t say she hates them. There’s a big difference. And I love how Jihyo was sharing her opinion, and shows us that’s like the rest of us, as she grow older her thoughts and feelings can change.

I respect more acts with contents that reflect their growth compared to those that stick to the same formula because they are afraid to lose fans (fans like OP who thinks idols are dolls that can’t have independent thoughts and feelings).

• I like Twice because they are Twice, and their music makes me happy. My favorite title tracks are Knock Knock and Fancy.

I'm not a multi-stan, meaning I don't compare Twice to other girl groups. All I care about is Twice members are happy making the music they want and stay healthy.

If you hate more than you love, it is time to let go.

Life is too short, and you should always find something that makes you happy.

• Wheel doesn't count. It is 1/9 chance. Stop moving the goal post. TT and LOA are clearly not part of the set list.

Actually.....according to interview, the encore wheel is 95% rigged lol

• Let's swap Twice with Blackpink for a minute.

Imagine BP removing all of their early songs like BBY, PFW, AIYL, D4, KTL, puttin them in some short medley and instead doing bunch of b sides and covers. And then Jennie goes on to Bambam's show and say that their early songs are embarrassing to perform. Sounds totally different innit?

Because you'd disagree with Jennie but you actually agree with Jihyo.

The difference is that BP and Twice are polar opposites in terms of musical output frequency, musical soundscapes and as a concept. We're also forgetting here that Twice has performed those hits again and again over the span of their career, and it's completely understandable if they want to change it up. They never said "we're never performing these songs again, FOH". But if Jihyo feels awkward about performing some of those songs, she has every right to. I wouldn't be surprised if Jennie felt tired of performing certain songs as well, it's not that big of a stretch.

In the early days of a group, let's not forget that most of them aren't the ones deciding the concepts or writing/producing the songs. But even if they were all aboard, feelings change over time, and that's perfectly okay. This comeback all around feels like a true "next phase" for Twice, which is why it really doesn't surprise me.

But I mean overall, it's your money. If the tour has nothing to offer you, it's better to sit it out and save your dollars instead of reluctantly spending it and have a sour time regardless.

• I don't think Jihyo is disrespecting the songs themselves but the fact they have to act overly cute to perform it. Jeongyeon and her in particular have always been vocal about that (even during their debut era)

This is well illustrated in the video where they react to MAMA 2018 stage & so on during covid lockdown. Jihyo saying "we had many good songs that year" but you see half of the members cringing and leaving when having to react to "TWICE song"

• I don't think Jihyo is disrespecting the songs themselves but the fact they have to act overly cute to perform it. Jeongyeon and her in particular have always been vocal about that (even during their debut era)

This is well illustrated in the video where they react to MAMA 2018 stage & so on during covid lockdown. Jihyo saying "we had many good songs that year" but you see half of the members cringing and leaving when having to react to "TWICE song"

And it makes total sense because as a person grows older, their perspectives tend to change. I'm sure they all have a deep love for those old songs, because those are what got them to where they are today, but I don't blame them if they've outgrown that kind of style.

Honestly, it's entirely possible that even during those eras there were members that probably weren't the craziest over it back then too.

• Actually.....according to interview, the encore wheel is 95% rigged lol

Tonight encore songs

-TT

- Wallflower

- LOA

- Basic

• Jihyo said she’s embarrass because they are older and felt some of their songs felt not appropriate for their age now. She didn’t say she hates them. There’s a big difference. And I love how Jihyo was sharing her opinion, and shows us that’s like the rest of us, as she grow older her thoughts and feelings can change.

I respect more acts with contents that reflect their growth compared to those that stick to the same formula because they are afraid to lose fans (fans like OP who thinks idols are dolls that can’t have independent thoughts and feelings).

I don't think Jihyo is disrespecting the songs themselves but the fact they have to act overly cute to perform it. Jeongyeon and her in particular have always been vocal about that (even during their debut era)

And it makes total sense because as a person grows older, their perspectives tend to change. I'm sure they all have a deep love for those old songs, because those are what got them to where they are today, but I don't blame them if they've outgrown that kind of style.

Honestly, it's entirely possible that even during those eras there were members that probably weren't the craziest over it back then too.

They should be embarrassed for their flop songs not the actual hits. Like we saw what kind of reception their hand picked songs did, which I didn't hate btw, I thought both MS and SMF were fine, not great just fine. But still, the reception was whack. It is by far their worst performing tracks both domestically and internationally.

• I like how you're explicitly stating that Twice is a manufactured group and then proceed to treating them like they are some sort of artists now. They are not. They are manufacture and performing their manufactured songs is their job. Justin Bieber is a different case because he's grown into an artist, he produces his songs now. Plus he has songs that actually exceed the popularity of Baby. Twice does not. Sorry to break it for you but Twice mature songs didn't really hit it on the nail.

Yeah, let's just pretend they didn't write a decent number of their newer songs, whereas before, for the songs you just love SO much, they had zero input. :rolleyes:

Actually.....according to interview, the encore wheel is 95% rigged lol

Nayeon needs to be kept away from that damn wheel at all times. And for her past transgressions, I'm Gonna Be a Star needs to be put back on it.

• They should be embarrassed for their flop songs not the actual hits. Like we saw what kind of reception their hand picked songs did, which I didn't hate btw, I thought both MS and SMF were fine, not great just fine. But still, the reception was whack. It is by far their worst performing tracks both domestically and internationally.

Preferring older songs is one thing

But you being a success stan doesn't give you any relevance to dictate on what they should or shouldn't be embarassed about

• Preferring older songs is one thing

But you being a success stan doesn't give you any relevance to dictate on what they should or shouldn't be embarassed about

blabla success stan blabla, give it up. You don't even know what it means. Those two words make absolutely no sense. Nobody is gonna follow a group just for some numbers, grow the fuck up fr

• Yeah, let's just pretend they didn't write a decent number of their newer songs, whereas before, for the songs you just love SO much, they had zero input. :rolleyes:

Bro they are writing lyrics, why the fuck yall are confusing it with actual song composition. Twice haven't composed any songs so far.

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!