RE: It feels like JYP uses Twice as a nest egg when the company needs money rather than actually grow Twice as a brand

• So I wanted to reply to this in a separate thread, because I have a theory. And it is not just about Twice, we've seen it many many times before. There is also another thread in the main addressing the fact that Hybe requested new collector edition of BTS to not count towards charts.

I think it is pretty safe to say that company's are purposely taking or devaluing their groups over the time, in an attempt to push their newer groups. If you're running a company, what is the worst think you can do? Rely on one product. It is an instant turn off for any investors, because investors prefer as much diversified portfolio as possible.

So if JYP or Hybe come out in the investor meeting and say, well our 7-9 years old groups are still our biggest assets, stocks will dive right after such meeting. These companies don't care their about their individual group's success, what they care about is the company success. So it is essential for them, that at least on the paper to show that their newer groups are doing as well or better. So for JYP it is essential that Stray Kids and Nmixx are the best performers in the company. It is a better look. Same with Hybe.

I personally call this SuJu effect. Super Junior was the first group who in my eyes went from one of the most anticipated groups with their masculine concepts, to a literal comedy groups since Mamacita. As soon as they got EXO, SuJu was turned into a big joke.

Twice had a chance to leave but didn't. It either means they are fine with the way things are or it means changes. Time will time which one it is.

• What you're talking about is certainly a real thing. And now we're seeing it with EXO when it comes to NCT. Even Red Velvet and Aespa. While not all companies do this, most of the major ones do.

For example, HYBE depending solely on BTS would fail when the time comes for BTS to truly disband or retire.HYBE would want to dodge this bullet but it comes at a risk. I mean, it's not like there's another BTS just waiting outside their building.

Twice pretty much built that new JYPE building IMO. I do wish Twice would have left to another company or maybe just disbanded in general but recent activity from the group could be breaking a trend.

It was JYPE that had to green light that encore stadium show in LA. They could have said, naw, we're good, like they did with Wonder girls, but they booked the show and from what I saw, it was a great turnout. Coupled with Twice finally having a million seller, it will be really telling what JYPE does in the next two years.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Is it really sabotaging their older more popular group for the sake of their new groups? I think using the word sabotaging it too much, it’s more like ‘prioritizing’ their newer groups

It is exactly sabotaging. When you're cutting the opportunities for them, how is it called?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!