BREAKING: YG is taking BP contract negotiations public 💀

• An article dropped from YG side stating BP are likely to renew their contracts with YG

BP contracts run out end of August & the Pinks still haven't renewed, YG reported that the those close to the pinks revealed the members wish to continue their relationship with YG UNLESS there's a special reason 😂

Lmaoo things are about to get messy

YG emphasized that the world tour & BLACKPINK in itself & their achievements are only possible with YG 💀

This is a dirty & scummy tactic to pressure & intimidate the pinks to renew with YG 💀

I didn't expect them to make it public & right before Coachella 💀

It's clear things aren't going so well with YG & rather than publicly reaffirm their readiness to offer BP what ever they desire,they rather play dirty, shows just how much BP mean to them 🚶

• HardcoreBLINK

Changed the title of the thread from “BREAKING: YG is taking BP contract negotiations tactics public 💀” to “BREAKING: YG is taking BP contract negotiations public 💀”.
    • Best Answer

BP on the plane probably reading this news like :eyes: rn lmao.

WTF, this is fanwar dynamite...right now. Big stans will pressure their favs to leave and big stans will also pressure them to stay. YG is scum.

I remember SM doing this too but not this early (because they had a good idea of who was/wasn't going to renew) so the fact YG is pulling it out this quickly sucks. Aren't 3/4 of the girls abroad too rn?

I also don't think BP is that dependent on YG. I get SM with SM family to a certain extent besides TVXQ back in the day, and even JYP with their entertainment connections, but BP, all 4 of them, are popular enough to get shows, movies, news, fashion shows, on their own. It's also not like YG is super functional as a company.

• I got chills when I read the article

It's a massive dirty tactic by YG

Absolute scum 🤦

U know what I'm thinking? It seems there's a lack of connection too

Almost as if the pinks & YG have an intermediary

I feel bad for the pinks especially since blinks will like u said now use this to pressure them to stay

• wasnt the narrative that group renewing get news about it month in advance

thats why I been seeing

now that happening means the opposite

so what is it?

A lot of groups renew early. And then the company releases a statement saying "Hey X renewed early!". That's fine. Best example is PLEDIS with Seventeen, and TWICE recently with JYP put out a very clear statement that they are renewing.

But YG here released an article saying "Hey BP did not yet renew, but they are basically renewing so trust us anyways!"

- The title says "BP are renewing" but when you read the actual text, it does not explicitly say "JENNIE, LISA, ROSE and JISOO have renewed".

• A lot of groups renew early. And then the company releases a statement saying "Hey X renewed early!". That's fine. Best example is PLEDIS with Seventeen, and TWICE recently with JYP put out a very clear statement that they are renewing.

But YG here released an article saying "Hey BP did not yet renew, but they are basically renewing so trust us anyways!"

- The title says "BP are renewing" but when you read the actual text, it does not explicitly say "JENNIE, LISA, ROSE and JISOO have renewed".

no I dont mind the "renew early" I mean the second one an then they renew

the same was for exo and most sm artist

• A lot of groups renew early. And then the company releases a statement saying "Hey X renewed early!". That's fine. Best example is PLEDIS with Seventeen, and TWICE recently with JYP put out a very clear statement that they are renewing.

It also said the pinks want to continue their relationship with YG according to officials close to them 😂

Could mean the members want to remain as BP but not under YG family

It's seems YG is not happy with that agreement & they're taking it public

• no I dont mind the "renew early" I mean the second one an then they renew

the same was for exo and most sm artist

SM is weird because they do the 10+ contract where it's basically 10 years and then the artists have internal discussions. It gives the illusion of choice, but all of RV basically had to renew because they had a 10 year not a 7 year contract. Same with SNSD, and why Jessica left so..shockingly.

• SM is weird because they do the 10+ contract where it's basically 10 years and then the artists have internal discussions. It gives the illusion of choice, but all of RV basically had to renew because they had a 10 year not a 7 year contract. Same with SNSD, and why Jessica left so..shockingly.

jessica was kick out tho

and pledis/jyp is not normal, first twice is the first gg in jyp to evere renew same for sv with pledis

they are way too isolated cases

idk if they renew or not but comparing it to jyp and pledis very unique cases is not really fair

• jessica was kick out tho

and pledis/jyp is not normal, first twice is the first gg in jyp to evere renew same for sv with pledis

they are way too isolated cases

idk if they renew or not but comparing it to jyp and pledis very unique cases is not really fair

I was just giving recent examples, but most groups don't get publicly pressured to renew so obviously, ie this is more like FNC and KARA.

The BP girls have likely renewed but they're still negotiating their terms to stay, and this pressure YG is pushing on them is to make them stumble and retract their demands.

• I was just giving recent examples, but most groups don't get publicly pressured to renew so obviously, ie this is more like FNC and KARA.

The BP girls have likely renewed but they're still negotiating their terms to stay, and this pressure YG is pushing on them is to make them stumble and retract their demands.

If BP has renewed,YG would have announced it

They didn't renew

• If BP has renewed,YG would have announced it

They didn't renew

Just the fact that every single activity announced by YG ends in July has to raise eyebrows. Look at all the encores and recent tour date announcements - they're all crammed into the next 4 months. Many tours of this magnitude, with four continents and 57 dates, go a year or more, why the rush to cram everything before August nine months after the tour started in Oct last year? Poor Jisoo has zero time to actually promote her debut song ffs.

• Just the fact that every single activity announced by YG ends in July has to raise eyebrows. Look at all the encores and recent tour date announcements - they're all crammed into the next 4 months. Many tours of this magnitude, with four continents and 57 dates, go a year or more, why the rush to cram everything before August nine months after the tour started in Oct last year? Poor Jisoo has zero time to actually promote her debut song ffs.

End of aug, all will be revealed

• I think that the girls will do anything to keep blackpink together, and so will yg. there really aren't any other artists in yg who are raking in the money and popularity like blackpink. blackpink are single-handedly carrying yg hard, like they would not be big 3 without them. if anything it should really be yg who has to bend to bps will.

a lot of people also don't realize this because they're so used to looking at kpop from an overworking 20 comebacks a year with full promotions and a tour type of mindset that they don't understand just how good the pinks have it when it comes to work-life balance. now, of course, blackpinks schedules are a little too lax but they have what other idols would die for. I would not want to give that up. I'm sure that they are also negotiating if they do decide to stay, which is the most likely scenario.

• Just the fact that every single activity announced by YG ends in July has to raise eyebrows. Look at all the encores and recent tour date announcements - they're all crammed into the next 4 months. Many tours of this magnitude, with four continents and 57 dates, go a year or more, why the rush to cram everything before August nine months after the tour started in Oct last year? Poor Jisoo has zero time to actually promote her debut song ffs.

most kpop tours dont last that long, look at twice last one

bp has april packed but their asia leg is over, there is not a month full of touring after that but spared dates to aus and the encores, thats it

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I needed some time to think about it and i've come to conclusion that kpop companies don't transfer group's brand/group IP over to different label easily. Anytime it happens, it means it is an amicable separation. Examples are ikon, got7. There is nothing amicable about powerful group like blackpink separating from yg/even going to blacklabel even if they have good relationship. It's a huge loss. The company will be petty. Even the bp solo artist names are tied to yg and solos is the only one yg doesn't mind holding onto like cl,taeyang,leehi,minzy etc.. I can see some going to different label but still work as blackpink under yg. Other than that, there is no reason to think we will see the group under a different label. When u open yg family site, you can see yg still holding onto bigbang brand. They are definetely not letting go of blackpink brand at all. This is just what kpop companies do. They own everything.

So, I think some of them are definetely staying in yg, if not all. The blackpink brand stays with yg. It's just how a kpop company works.

• Anyway, it looks like the plan was always to start the contract talks after all the solos are done. You are right. This is pressure from yg on all of them to renew.

• BP will renew it wouldn’t make sense not too. They could just do what other idols do and still remain under YG for group management but leave for solo management at a new company. Isn’t that what Wheein did?

• Agreed. I think YG needs them more than the BP ladies need YG.

• BP will renew it wouldn’t make sense not too. They could just do what other idols do and still remain under YG for group management but leave for solo management at a new company. Isn’t that what Wheein did?

Maybe they just don't want to be idols at all? It is not all about good contracts for some people.

• If BP has renewed,YG would have announced it

They didn't renew

Have to agree with you. BTS and Seventeen announced pretty early they were renewing but they're both in HYBE. Either there's contract negotiations still going on or YG is pressuring them to change their minds.

Basically every engagement, promo stops dead in August which is when contract is ending. They have an encore in Asia in May which is before ending the non-encore part of the tour. It seems like they're cramming hard right now.

• Are there any indications from the BP members themselves, what course they're leaning towards?

SM is weird because they do the 10+ contract where it's basically 10 years and then the artists have internal discussions. It gives the illusion of choice, but all of RV basically had to renew because they had a 10 year not a 7 year contract. Same with SNSD, and why Jessica left so..shockingly.

? Do you have any actual proof for this? As far as I know, all contracts are by the law restricted to a maximum of 7 years. Also, SNSD's contract extension was very publicly announced after 7 years, in 2014, before the whole Jessica mess.

I think that the large amount of SM idols extending their contract multiple times disproves the whole narrative of idols being forced to work under SM: if the explosive departure of Chinese EXO members before their contract expired counts as proof of them hating working under SM, then the multiple contract extensions of a lot of other SM artists should count towards proof of them liking or being comfortable working under SM.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• no it isn't actually something that would put pressure on BP

I would say it's the opposite because people who are doing pro business know that usually the 'loosing side' starts opening mouth about it, which means YG opened a door for himself to later say: "we wanted to but they demanded too much"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not a conspiracy theorist but I agree w Hardy et al that this smells like YG coercion. The wording is interesting and it seems like it's coming from a place of panic. This article wouldn't exist if all was well/going to plan for re-signing. My take.

• I mean I hope if they renew its way better contracts otherwise just leave.

Yeah, and that they can do what they want and what they don't want.

YG would be better of if they had been giving them more freedom for at least the last two years, because then they would have felt more what their new life would be. Now, they might just be more fed up with the YG-way and ask for more demands and assurances (as they should).

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!