Posts by jichucalmdown

yeah, it's pretty much confirmed to be him

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dream concert started appealing to nugu groups and that's where it all went downhill. sorry, to say but if they wanted to keep bringing A list kpop groups they need to have some exclusivity. There's no reason for big groups to even perform there anymore... its called a dream concert, my dream isnt to go to NUGUDOM for a day...

the same thing happened with kcon

it's like if bts or blackpink showed up performing on SHOW Champion...

I think that the girls will do anything to keep blackpink together, and so will yg. there really aren't any other artists in yg who are raking in the money and popularity like blackpink. blackpink are single-handedly carrying yg hard, like they would not be big 3 without them. if anything it should really be yg who has to bend to bps will.

a lot of people also don't realize this because they're so used to looking at kpop from an overworking 20 comebacks a year with full promotions and a tour type of mindset that they don't understand just how good the pinks have it when it comes to work-life balance. now, of course, blackpinks schedules are a little too lax but they have what other idols would die for. I would not want to give that up. I'm sure that they are also negotiating if they do decide to stay, which is the most likely scenario.

I think girl groups now have more room to grow bc of how girl crush concepts kinda paved the way (i hate this phrase) for girl groups having majority female fanbases.

The majority of the reason why girl groups never sold physically well or had to rely on cute concepts for gp recognition is that either most of their dedicated fans were men, and men compared to fangirls are terrible at actually supporting groups. so girl crush in a way gave girl groups more of an image to sell to women.

so now I think that yes girl crush has come to its end but its good to look back on this era as one of the most important for girl groups :D

blackpink had multiple dates in each of their American cities and sold them out with ease. if they wanted to do stadiums they could considering they held about 40,000 people in each city

also idk Blackpink is the first group to ever perform at foro sol in Mexico and selling it out TWO TIMES over with 130,000 attending together seems like just as big of an achievement. not to mention blackpinks tickets are some of the most expensive, so every touring feat of bp is automatically going to be more impressive lmao

a lot of people clown the line "its been two years, but we never left" in shutdown. but this is exactly what they were portraying

they've been gone for two years but have they ever truly left the world of kpop? they have so many 4th gen groups taking inspiration from them, successful solo careers, and still holding records from two years ago. everyone loves to talk about how other girl groups are more deserving of Blackpink's popularity, but when Blackpink is gone for two whole years, there's still no girl group on their level. it just shows that while people hate on bp, we all know they're gonna be the first ones seated for that comeback live.

People still complaining about the high prices, what were you guys expecting when they said they will go more environmentally friendly. Less plastic also means more money on more sustainable materials. And the boxes have to be packed by humans who are part of the production costs.

I totally understand that the boxes will cost more money . It’s just that they could have add more songs!

i could totally understand that if born pink was priced the same everywhere, it was cheaper everywhere but in western countries. so i don't feel like it being environmentally friendly is the reason why it was more expensive.

Well yeah but it was all last minute ditch

It's impressive for sure despite all the handicaps

I think the next era will surprise everyone if YG do it right

yg being our biggest enemy since day 1, literally since their debut.

it feels like no matter what we do, they'll still ruin the girls chance of getting to the top. if we buy all the albums and break records, they put them on a hiatus, if we boycott, there's a high probability that they put bp on the back burner more then they already are and make way for their new gg. we cant win

I think blinks definitely improved this era in terms of streaming, also buying on iTunes, and other things as well.

there have been a lot of changes to the billboard systems since the album was released don't forget. remember the album also had bundles for the concert tickets and merch, which i didn't mind bc the merch was expensive asf but that also plays into why the sales were a little higher. the fact that Blackpink was able to score this number 1 and get the same amount of numbers as the album without the collabs and after a two year hiatus is very telling that Blackpink is definitely staying for a while in the American market. also them selling out all their american dates ajfdhas

Are you serious?

yes i am.

i was really disappointed with the packaging of the album, it wasn't bad by any means but it definitely was not worth 50 dollars. if it was 30 I wouldn't be complaining.,

but when THE ALBUM has the same amount of content as me personally, better content, it makes me feel like I was scammed. especially knowing that they only made it this expensive in western countries.

or maybe just make the album less expensive next release

I could have bought one more album, but I'm not gonna spend 100 dollars on two albums. not to mention THE ALBUM was 30 and had better packaging, better concept photos and better everything,

there are probably a lot of blinks who shared the same sentiment.

yall dont understand the pain that us blinks have gone through this past week,

running to targets and walmarts to buy albums, streaming, buying digital albums, donating to fanbases, its crazy ajsdfhas

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PLAY WITH THE PINKS AND ITLL COST YA

102K UNITS LETS GOOOOOOO

Is this partly because of the upcoming tour? Like, less free performances so ppl shell out for the real thing?

i think the tour definitely has something to do with it, but id argue that it's more or less to prepare the girls for the length of the tour. they're gonna be touring until the summer of next year, and there's also rumors of them having south American dates after that. maybe they're just trying to rest as much as possible before that commitment

in my opinion, though, they had a lot of time to at least pre-record some interviews, i mean they went to LA for a whole week and we only got one performance. what was the point in staying a week? asdjfha

The numbers can actually vary a lot, and 1K difference is way too close to call. In fact, the difference is often 3-5k in either direction on BB. Don’t forget the discrepancy between HITS and BB for The Album. HITS 133k / BB 110k

that's true, however, they predicted the album to debut at number 2, and it still debuted at number 2 even with the wrong prediction with the units sold .

tbh i could care less about the units being sold as much as the placement. we'll see but I have a good feeling.

im not worried about the projected unit, bc im assuming those all still went number 1? thats what im trying to say, even if the units are wrong, I dont think they would make a bold statement about the number one spot KNOWING just how small the gap is. I'm gonna wait for Sunday but idk i have a good feeling