Posts by jichucalmdown

I dont think they never been off, the difference is too small and bb streams are huge so that could make for it

we should wait until sunday/monday

I think when they predict the number 1 album they're never off. and the number they reported for each album is really specific. the number IS really small but I think that reason precisely is why it could be accurate, but we'll have to see.

holy shit blinks did were working their asses off jasdfha can believe we managed to close a 10k gap in three days.

HITS Daily Double
    hitsdailydouble.com

\https://twitter.com/chartdata/…&t=70j9Gqpzj0MIrL8DF199kw

the gap is really close, however, and if someone wants to correct me they can, hits daily double rarely are ever wrong with their final predictions. their early predictions maybe but, but usually with their final predictions, it's solid.

Ive also heard a lot of American blinks say their albums still haven't shipped out, do yall think yg is purposefully holding back American album orders for a chance at a second week at number 1? honestly, if we do end up getting number 2 and that's the case. I think it would be a hell of a lot cooler for Blackpink to rise to that number 1 instead.

I mean fans don’t mind it when they hold fan signs, sell bundles, cheap merch/albums, buying ads on YouTube, appearing in shows to directly promote their songs etc all in the name of making people buy their music but when they do it personally that’s crossing the line? Fans are idiots.

your totally right

making one person by hundreds of albums for the CHANCE of getting to talk to an idol for a minute is a lot more morally grey compared to the group just telling their fans to listen to the album ajsdfhas

mind you it's been a day and blinks have managed to get 6k sales ajsfhdasd

it was a really early prediction and I think a lot of blinks are really fired up now to get this number 1.

I'm pretty sure a lot of this has to do with shipping tbh which is why I'm upset bc I've been preaching to everyone I know to only buy born pink in stores like target and Walmart. bc the sale counts automatically.

this will be a lesson in the future for American blinks to not preorder and just buy in the stores, but the only thing that we can do now just hopes that yg manages to ship more albums out by Friday. and that blinks keep buying/streaming.

Its not bad by any means but it is indeed outdated. The only reason i was disappointed with rfl being the last track because i was expected 9 songs at least and didn't expect rfl to take up the last slot over a complete unheard song. My bad for even having my hopes up.

no i completely understand your frustrations, I would have preferred a new song too. I'm just saying that ready for love isnt as bad as people say it is, outdated sure, but not bad by any means haha

yeah bp just give something different compared to other girl groups.

say what you want about bp but when they come back its an EVENT, everyone is tuned in ajshdf

also when they brag it means something because most of the things they say really do apply to them sfgssdfgj i love it.

honestly, I know that everyone is just listening to the new songs, which is understandable asjdfhas I did the same thing.

but I would recommend everyone listen to born pink straight through because you really do get a better experience. its definitely more cohesive than the album was and the songs give bp a more mature sound compared to the album.

So about that, spending some time in Korea, it's pretty interesting. BP definitely charts well in Korea but the general consensus I've been getting is that people like BP fine but they all think BP isn't super popular in Korea. They often just say they're more popular outside of the country and that the country doesn't really like YG.

I say this as a Blink myself and I admit I was taken aback by the subdued "enthusiasm" when Pink Venom came out. Don't get me wrong, people like them but they certainly don't feel like THE gg here. The thing that's been driving the conversation here is practically anything from SM and trendy ggs like NewJeans and IVE. Mind you this is very anecdotal and the feedback I'm getting has only been in Seoul and Incheon. Perhaps BP is huge in other parts of the country like Busan or something.

hmm that's interesting. I've seen videos from Korean YouTubers who interview koreans about bp (corny i know but i was curious) and they got the opposite reaction.

I'm the first blink to admit that Blackpink doesn't have the biggest fandom in korea, but i do feel like they have the gp around their fingers because of the way that they have been charting and selling, bc i know its definitely not all kblinks. their vma performance has also been trending number 1 on korean youtube. they've also been number 1 on the brand reputation thing since forever ago. im not denying that newer groups like new jeans or ive are the talk right now. but I feel like overall, Blackpink is still the biggest girl group. new things come and go but bp has always stuck with them one way or another.

and i don't want to sound like an American who thinks i know everything cause i don't, obviously i wouldnt know bc i dont live over there, this is just what I'm taking from the way bp is performing compared to their 3rd gen girl group counterparts.

Meh, Koreans are going to drop BP eventually, as a poster said above the girls are in the upper 20's, that is old for the Korean public, the world, the world is fine with grown women, this can be just the start of Global BP to be bigger than the Spice girls ever were.

Nah i don't think so, eventually, Blackpink will lose steam, but that will happen to every single group. however, Blackpink is outdoing every other girl group who debuted with them in the third-gen, those said girl groups have lost steam while Blackpink is continuing to make hits, and they're still the number 1 girl group.

and like I said Blackpink is still growing while making english/korean songs. there doesn't need to be a complete shift.

you're losing a lot of fans that way.

honestly, that's a big mistake that a lot of kpop groups make when promoting internationally, they always forget about their Korean fans. and when (expectedly) they fail to actually reach popularity internationally, they have no where to fall back on.

And while yes Blackpink is definitely popular enough internationally to get by without Korea, it would also be a huge loss to abandon it completely. a lot of their sales still come from Korea, and a lot of their streams still come from Korea. hell, they are THE girl group in Korea right now with each member being popular enough to make it solo and be successful. abandoning your biggest and most stable market for a smaller one that shows potential, but is risky, isn't the best idea.

not to mention, if blinks wanted to go listen to a girl group with all English songs, theyd go listen to little mix or boys world. blinks like Blackpink BECAUSE they are kpop, because they speak Korean and show their background in their songs. if they've made it this far with Korean songs then why should they stop, it pleases both audiences so there isn't a need to.

i hate how they presented the group of the year award too. they kept it until after artist of the year which is one of the bigger ones. they kept blinks holding on until the end just for it to not even be announced on the main stage, it was handled really poorly.

all that the slut shaming and dismissal of the girls achievements and hard work over an mess up from the press only for bts to win.

and the way the narrative switched up so quickly to, "the vmas are a rigged award show who only gives awards to the people attending" to "the vmas awarding the right group YASS". just sick. sick how most of these fans were women, bringing down other women because of their own insecurities.

idc that Blackpink didn't win because quite frankly, they'll be nominated again next year, and because Lisa made history tonight as the first soloist to win in the kpop category. I care about the terrible fans who have been slut shaming, bringing bp down for the past month, and creating fake narratives about them because of a simple nomination. yall are sick in the head

i guess everyone else in the kpop industry is ugly then??? because all kpop groups benefit GREATLY from the fact that they are all essentially models. id say visuals are one of the biggest reasons why kpop fans are even into their groups anyways.

also if that was the case then why is no other girl group doing blackpink numbers?? People just don't want to admit that people actually like Blackpink for their music, performances, music videos etc.

I think a lot of it comes down to jealousy. blackpink gave yall two years to come up with a new girl group that could stand against them... and here we are two years later with Blackpink holding most of the records they were before with hylt and lsg. id be mad too LMAOO

crazy over you live version

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.