all the trashy companies supporting this nonsense need to go to hell

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lets not start how kpop audiences are eating this up

do y'all not want your fave artists to be humans anymore :skull:

• I thought I was the only one that hated the whole A.I idols thing. It creeps me out and it really feels like this is the path that kpop is going towards. I know people will say that Mave is a good thing for kpop since they can't get into scandals and get sick and stuff but why do we want A.I's to replace real people? I really thought that Pandora was really just stolen from aespa, even some of the moves in the dance are from black mamba. If people like Mave, then whatever, but I just hate A.I's in general. Same with that one A.I idol from that boy group, his whole image is literally stolen from hyunjin's! is that not weird....? I don't know. it freaks me out.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lt64IYu.gif

• Ehh people liked the Gorillaz, and they are a "fake" band

Go back even further and The Archies were a "thing"

And then theres the whole vocaloid thing ala Hatsune Miku

I think MOST people recognise the inherent novelty of "virtual bands/musicians", even if they also enjoy their music.

• I don't see the point of avatar or AI idols.

They hold no curiosity for me. No motivation. No value whatsoever.

They lack the essential attribute at the core of why I find the entire endeavour of kpop worthwhile.

That being....

That's there is a real person to admire and be fond of.

You could recreate the perfect clone lookalike and sound alike of a "Tzuyu".

But it would hold no value for me. If there isn't an actual Tzuyu.

Branched out to groups ... Similarly to idol groups.

If the group isn't real. What's the point.

There's no "there" there to even love. To admire.. follow or be moved by.

This is a dead end. As far as I'm concerned.

• I agree in that for me it feels empty. I'll re-iterate that I have no problem with this concept, but I don't feel I would supporting an individual's artistry etc by stanning them - I just wouldn't. If anything, I might admire some of the brains behind these groups then - depending on their outlooks and personalities. But I can't imagine stanning CGI. Their words, direction etc - none of it is them.

• How is this different from KDA? And people love KDA

People feel threatened now

They say they care about humans, but they literally dgaf about the thousands of indebt idols, all they want is money and glory for their handful of big corporate biases

• I mean have you seen kpop I recent years? Idols lip sync to hell on 90% of perfs to the point where singing is one of the least important talents and fans still lap it up. They’re closer to avatars on stage than actual performers lol.

• Why what’s wrong with this? How is it different than anime. People simp and Stan over anime character. Here it’s the music with avatars. If the avatars are given some background story and personality this can be a really fun thing.

Anyway I like it(not them in particular idk know them but the idea is good) In fact this is a million times better than current kpop industry that debuts children 15 and under

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

• And I’m the opposite lol I can’t understand why anyone would stan real people when you can like and Stan 2D (wo)men.

Yeah for me EXO is an exception but in my life I only stan 2D characters mostly whether it’s anime or genshin or comics lol.

• It's like people stanning an anime. I don't know if I should feel offended because I like anime too and some kpop fans are really full of themselves. People are allowed to like what they want as long as it didn't effects anyone or bad.

• Didn't say there was anything against those that do (and I know there are those that do), just that I can't personally imagine myself doing it.

No I didn’t take it personally I was just sharing how people are so different haha for conversation. For me the concept of wanting to connect to celebs doesn’t compute. I only need to connect with IRLs. In my entertainment the more 2D it is, the better lol.

Didyou know how in YouTube now here are full 2D avatars with like made up lives and stories and personas? These I haven’t followed yet but if I was younger I would have 100% haha. Tbh ofc idols or other celebs can also have made up personas that’s a different thing. But I always enjoy 2D the best lol.

What in otaku life I guess but can’t be embarrassed about that any more :angryr: :cryingr:

• It's nice to listen if the music is good but I don't think it's enough to stan.

They don't even look good imo, i prefer looking at real people on stage not stiff AIs with robotic movements lol

• I hope there's 100 other groups like this who debuted

I didn't really like the song but i watch the performance and it was so cool

Finally they are bring a new breeze in kpop

I don't really see what's wrong in trying to expand kpop more and try new things

I got bored of western pop because they never try to reinvent themselves and bring something new and it's what i like about kpop so i'm happy they aren't lazy

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• why?

if a company puts out a product and the consumer consumes said product why blame the consumer???

(obviously assuming the product is "legal" and not like cocaine lol)

• I thought I was the only one that hated the whole A.I idols thing

Actually same, till Superkind droped their debut song last year, they are the only group at the moment I like doing this, but I hate how they switch their AI-dude around and it's been ages since they debuted and we wait for too long now for them to come back ... and so cause its been too long right now I hate that they let us wait by teasing they replaced Saejin for now

But than again people say they will eventually reveal the misterious people behind the AI someday since there are rumors that the person is just too shy and so that would be the reason why there is an AI

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• it also happens a lot for children-music

I mean Spongebob also has CDs or the Smurfs and they are also not even real too

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I thought I was the only one that hated the whole A.I idols thing. It creeps me out and it really feels like this is the path that kpop is going towards. I know people will say that Mave is a good thing for kpop since they can't get into scandals and get sick and stuff but why do we want A.I's to replace real people? I really thought that Pandora was really just stolen from aespa, even some of the moves in the dance are from black mamba. If people like Mave, then whatever, but I just hate A.I's in general. Same with that one A.I idol from that boy group, his whole image is literally stolen from hyunjin's! is that not weird....? I don't know. it freaks me out.

What does Saejin have to do with Hyunjin

How is this different from KDA? And people love KDA

I think K/DA is just like LoL's cute project. Meanwhile having them as a real independent music group is weird

• They don't even look good imo, i prefer looking at real people on stage not stiff AIs with robotic movements lol

Give it a couple more years. And for the types who "stan" groups, their chances of dating AI performers are exactly the same as their chances of dating real idols...so what's the problem? :-)

• Well, to start... AI means Artificial Intelligence. Meaning, "the ability of a digital computer or computer-controlled robot to perform tasks commonly associated with intelligent beings." This would imply that even the voices aren't real, that the Mave members are simply computer programs with a mind of their own, and that's not what Mave is. And it's important to make that distinction because there's a difference between being an AI group and what they actually are.

Mave is a group where instead of you seeing the real singers, you're seeing a CGI model in their place. Everything else comes from a human being. It's the exact same as a VTuber who sings, only Mave has a MUCH higher budget than your average Vtuber. Think of Aespa, but imagine if instead of them having the four members plus the Ae-Member concept, it's only the Ae-Members BUT Ningning, Winter, Karina and Giselle are providing the voices and motion capture. Or KDA, but unrelated to any previous media and you don't know the faces behind the CGI models.

As for people being skeptical... I wouldn't write it off so quickly. After all, Vocaloid has been around for YEARS, and Vocaloid is a series vocal banks that producers can use to create their own songs. People have been making Miku songs from at least as early as 2008. I think this was inevitable with how technology is becoming even more ambitious, the pandemic just made it come quicker. Will it replace human creativity? I certainly don't think so. At least -- not yet. I think we're still a ways off. But, this could be a way for companies to debut singers that may not have the right "looks" to succeed but have the skills that are too good to waste. Or for those who have anxiety, but still want to be an idol. They can use it to cut costs for certain things such as transportation, there's way less risk of scandals occurring between the members, and if a member needs to go on hiatus/leaves the group, they can find a replacement easier compared to how risky of a situation that'd be for a typical idol group.

People liked KDA. Whether it's because of League or because of the amazing notable voices behind the characters, what made people stay is the music. In the end, that's all that matters. If the music is incredible, people WILL tune in, even if the concept is something they're not used to. But they have to nail the execution and going off what I'm seeing, I think they know what they're doing. It's not going to replace human idols, and that's not the intention. With this, you now have the option of having both Virtual AND Real idols. But will it be a successful idea? We'll have to see.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!