Controversial question: Is it fair to call out BTS‘ potential involvement in the World cup in Qatar when other idols hold concerts in countries like Saudi Arabia?

• What do you think?

Background:

A lot of K-Pop stans heavily criticize that BTS might be involved with the controversial World Cup in Qatar. They claim that due to them being UN-ambassadors their potential involvement is hypocritical. A lot of fans reply that other idols have been performing in concerts that are heavily supported by the government of states like Saudi Arabia and no one bashed an eye lash and now they complain about BTS. What do you think?

Edit: added to the title “potential“

• omegateatimer

Changed the title of the thread from “Controversial question: Is it fair to call out BTS‘ involvement in the World cup in Quatar when other idols hold concerts in countries like South Arabia?” to “Controversial question: Is it fair to call out BTS‘ potential involvement in the World cup in Quatar when other idols hold concerts in countries like Saudi Arabia?”.
  • omegateatimer

Changed the title of the thread from “Controversial question: Is it fair to call out BTS‘ potential involvement in the World cup in Quatar when other idols hold concerts in countries like Saudi Arabia?” to “Controversial question: Is it fair to call out BTS‘ potential involvement in the World cup in Qatar when other idols hold concerts in countries like Saudi Arabia?”.
  • people call out saudi arabia too,

i think BTS or maybe just ARMY are more hypocritical for doing it/supporting it

BTS has more power then any other KPOP group within their company, love to talk about peace, love, peoples rights, then knowingly travel and support the world cup being in qatar, which houses thousands of human slaves to build all this shit, that they only got in the first place is due to corruption

ARMY supporting it are to blame also, they love to go on about how BTS is more caring/supporting of peoples rights in the world, but wont say shit to this, when its clearly fucked up

• I have been agaisnt the concerts in Saudi Arabia.

I'm against all of wealthy gulf nations who work against other Muslims for sake of lining out their own pockets.

They even voted against UN investigating China for Ugyher ethnic cleansing.

I would rather my kpop favs not contributing to wealth of those nations.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I legit didn’t know that voted against the investigation wth

• Someone literally saying BTS winning something is rigged should mind their own business. This conversation shouldn't even concern them in the first place.

You should fight with me in that other thread no idea why you bring irrelevant MAMA shit here.

Also, not sure how to took that comment in that other thread into an attack towards BTS. Y'all (not y'all sorry just you) You will create a narrative for literally anything just to fight

• I legit didn’t know that voted against the investigation wth

the wealthy gulf nations are the major reason middle east would never see peace.

I think taking a stance against them is noble but I wouldn't expect it from kpop companies who only see money.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• thank you for providing an example of how performative these takes are. boycotting this event isn't going to free the enslaved people there. it isn't going to make them cancel the world cup or move it elsewhere. neither is you placing even a shred of blame on bts for god knows what. there are still innocent human beings in these countries, in saudi arabi and qatar, and y'all somehow can't separate government from those people. bts only care about performing for those people. and we are all tired of them being painted as some political pawn. they are not anyone's president or government official. people can want them to speak out, but its also kinda gross to try to force someone to be vocal about everything, especially when they're not even from the country. people dragged tf out of them for not speaking on blm just for them to have already donated to the organization in private. actions will always speak louder than words.

who's your favorite artist?

• This is fake performative wokeness and no one can see how the western world has spun this narrative that only those brown nations are the ones violating human rights or committing war crimes. And like sheep, everyone believes and sweeps what the west has done. The US alone has committed so many war crimes and violations of human rights, along with the west, that this argument is meaningless. No one should be promoting in the US if we go by what this country is still doing to Yemen and their drone strikes. Again, no one cares because the west has successfully brainwashed the world they are innocent of such crimes. Every country on this Earth has done fucked up shit but what we're not going to do is put the blame on the people and deny the people anything in favor of people not liking certain countries' governments.

• Tbh while the WC this year was a total shitshow already years ago I don't really think it matters whether BTS performs. If they perform they'll obviously be doing it for £££. Call out selling out or whatever but unless they outright support or deny the countries views which they perform at they doing it for money.

At the end of the day that's their own choice and part off their career. I bet many of us would do legal but morally questionable things for money that may not sit well with others viewpoints. I mean if you ask countries America bombed they'll think America is scum and going there to perform is a sell out too. But still many people would love to land high paying gig regardless of countries or companies controversies.

So if we keep playing who's doing worse everyone is going to round in circles bringing up other times or groups performed in contested circumstances. At the end of the day there performing as musicians not as politicians.

• BTS was the only group I've seen being heavily criticized for performing on Saudi Arabia back in 2019, tbh. It seems when another group go to Catar one day, they won't be as criticized too, in case BTS really is involved. They just need to take the bullets first, I guess, in K-pop stans' mindset. People don't really care about what is going on in these countries most of the time...

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I stopped caring about what kpop fans say about BTS now. Their "criticisms" are always performative in regards to BTS. They are the same people who called BTS sell outs for wanting the paper award and now they are salivating for western validation for their faves. They also dragged BTS relentlessly for performing in Saudi Arabia and yet not a peep about their faves. Basically BTS gets attacked for doing something first then the rest of kpop can do it without any reprecussions. It is a pattern. Thus kpop fans are always hypocritical and have no integrity. I don't care about their opinions.

• I personally feel like, there's problems everywhere, and no country is perfect. But there's genuine, innocent people out there who enjoy music and want the opportunity to have their favorites come there and be able to see them. Regardless of the government or whatever. D-Crunch went to Arabia even did a cover song and put it out and no one has batted an eye at them, at least not that I've seen.

External Content youtu.be

Also being a small SHITTY company i'm sure the boys go wherever they can to actually perform since the company doesn't do much else for them. I'm sure BTS being ambassadors go where they can to promote whatever they stand for or feel it's their duty.

• this

• I dont get the controversy. Arent like 32 countries sending their players there? Including a crap ton of Western democracies? If BTS is going to be blamed, shouldnt France, England, Spain, etc be blamed for sending their players instead of boycotting? BTS is irrelevant to the 99 percent of the people that will be feverishly watching their country's team, they literally only care about the soccer.

• This is fake performative wokeness and no one can see how the western world has spun this narrative that only those brown nations are the ones violating human rights or committing war crimes. And like sheep, everyone believes and sweeps what the west has done. The US alone has committed so many war crimes and violations of human rights, along with the west, that this argument is meaningless. No one should be promoting in the US if we go by what this country is still doing to Yemen and their drone strikes. Again, no one cares because the west has successfully brainwashed the world they are innocent of such crimes. Every country on this Earth has done fucked up shit but what we're not going to do is put the blame on the people and deny the people anything in favor of people not liking certain countries' governments.

Watch everyone come up with excuses to minimize the actions of US and continue with their anger agenda. Like aren't they seeing US openly supporting Israel in Palestine case? How many unnecessary wars they started and ruined the livelihood of the people in those countries for their gain? I mean, sure these countries are just as bad but why the selective outrage always?

• first cancel whole kpop for promoting in America first , because I am sure they were the ones started unnecessary war in Iraq, killed millions of people destabilize whole middle east and cant stop supporting their favourite murderer child israel. And these things are admitted by American officers. There was no concrete proof of Iraq having nuclear weapons.

Also dont forget to cancel all the western countries who are sending there players in Qatar.

And cancel players too.

Also Plzzz cancel all the groups who performed in saudia Arabia too. Then we will talk about bts.

• I dont get the controversy. Arent like 32 countries sending their players there? Including a crap ton of Western democracies? If BTS is going to be blamed, shouldnt France, England, Spain, etc be blamed for sending their players instead of boycotting? BTS is irrelevant to the 99 percent of the people that will be feverishly watching their country's team, they literally only care about the soccer.

Cant believe I am actually agreeing over something with you :eyes:

• Antis are constantly trying to find something to cancel BTS with. Welcome to their latest effort. This is not to say that the entire situation in Qatar isn't deplorable and worthy of outrage, but most of the ulterior motives in objecting are not to bring help or assistance. Rather people are just to get another jab in to attempt to cancel BTS.

It's not hard to see - these people who are trying to "sanction" BTS because of the situation in Qatar - tell me how else they are trying to help? Are some genuinely concerned and trying their best to aid these people? I'm sure there are and I hear them. But are most of these detractors? Yea, no. BTS brought them. They probably wouldn't even know about this situation had BTS not been involved. Ironically, BTS may have brought more attention to this than all the other coverage.

• BTS was the only group I've seen being heavily criticized for performing on Saudi Arabia back in 2019, tbh. It seems when another group go to Catar one day, they won't be as criticized too, in case BTS really is involved. They just need to take the bullets first, I guess, in K-pop stans' mindset. People don't really care about what is going on in these countries most of the time...

good thing they are the bulletproof boy scouts then :mukbang::mukbang:

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!