So what’s the real reason Korea turned on Twice so much, can’t be just concept change?

• Its past their peak, it happens.

And if they promote the song, it'lldo better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TWICE IS DEFINTELY OVER IN KOREA like hasbeens more internationally tho nowadays. But their singles just dont do too good even internationlly. IMO I think their music has dwindled moonlight is nice tho.

• it a very tough GG competition
    their competition in the new era 4th Gen
    is as pretty and younger than them

can't maintain their cute concept as they get older ?
    or too cringe to do cute song?

they need to adapt do the next popular concept among gen public/fanboys
    real sexy concept like AOA

their is a reason why GG had maximum 1-4 peak years?

fanboys /gen public like younger +prettier women is a cycle of life can't be change 😅

you can't cheat your youthful aura
    best selling or most popular
    image of an idol is their

cheerful youthful presence
    cute/sexy > girl crush bad ass

• that looks like a twice anti account are those real stats?

Maybe? But looks like an aespa anti too, not even an "ot3" MY when they say things like this:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you see their likes, you'll find out who they actual stan lol

• Twice has transitioned from a Cute concept to their current concept. I don't know what you call their concept now but it is not cute.

Korea loves Cute. You want to be #1 or so. Do Cute. Examples are New Jeans, Ive and Stayc.

They had to do this because the rest of the world, barfs at Cute. So if you want to be successful outside Korea, do not do Cute.

Also Twice promoted their last song for 10 days. Other groups will promote for 4 weeks or even longer.

• But Nj and Ive concept are far from cute. Not sure about stayc because I don't follow them. How songs like Ditto, Omg, Love Dive and After Like are cute? The girls are cute but their concept definitely not. Bp and Rv concept are not cute either yet still doing really well on chart until now. Gidle and Lsf concept too is not cute at all but chart really high. No top 4th gen groups currently going to cute concept route which makes your point totally wrong.

And now most groups only promoting their songs up to two weeks in music show especially for older groups. So, I beg to differ what happen to Twice is due to their new concept, it is not about that at all. If any popular groups especially gg released a catchy song, Korea will eat it. Unfortunately, this is what Twice has been lacking lately. Catchy songs, that is all it takes.

• concept & music

this is why cute concepts for girl groups should be avoided for the very beginning, once the girls mature the general public won't grow along with them and they would start to look elsewhere for what they were once interested in

• Isn’t this the same with Blackpink who stick with “girl crush” and fans always complain and say they want something new, but Blackpink still gets hits?

• concept & music

this is why cute concepts for girl groups should be avoided for the very beginning, once the girls mature the general public won't grow along with them and they would start to look elsewhere for what they were once interested in

That's what makes me appreciate SNSD more, they survived concept changes :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• I don't think snsd were that cute maybe for one concept but then they quickly transitioned to a different concept I think that's why it didn't affect them

During their first 2 and a half years they were doing cute concepts, well they were kinda mixing it but all their big

hits were cute concepts:cursing:

They completely changed after OH :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• the thing is twice debut concept wasnt even cute cute, loa was more teen crush with a mix of cute bc the outfits they had, now cheer up was a straight cute, male gaze directed and that set the record for their career and once they wanted out of it, korea didnt care

• They dropped out of the charts faster than my faves.

• I don't think there's a point in time where you can definitively pin as the turning point for Twice flopping. But with Kpop evolving year in year out there's example to say X is the reason or Y is. For example a few years ago there was the shift away from cute which could be an explanation but then when Twice did music that want cute they still didn't do well, so concept change can't be the only reason. We've moved into the 4G so did that mean Twice was left behind as their older, perhaps but that doesn't explain how 2G ggs were able to chart better despite being even older.

With how regularly Twice flop now I don't think there's much point in trying to figure out any particular reason, it's just part of Kpop now.

• During their first 2 and a half years they were doing cute concepts, well they were kinda mixing it but all their big

hits were cute concepts:cursing:

They completely changed after OH :cursing:

yeah their cute concepts weren't that sugary cutesy as cheer up or TT ( sorry lol) except kissing you but their top hits were more on the bubblegum pop side genie, gee, oh!, the boys even tried hip hop ish concepts like I got a boy later and it was still succesful .

• I don't think snsd were that cute maybe for one concept but then they quickly transitioned to a different concept I think that's why it didn't affect them

SNSD did cute for SNSD (the song), kissing you, Gee and Oh (last cute concept) in their early careers. So they did do cute concepts early on, Kissing You is especially infamous for being almost embarrassingly too cute even by the members themselves lol.

But in that same time frame of 2007 to 2010 they did ITNW, Genie, RDR and Hoot. So while they did go in on cute for the first few CBs they also changed concept from Genie onwards which was a risky tactic and would be even now. Though of course it quickly built a name changing concepts every CB and are of the only ggs to find success doing so.

• Concept change isn't the only reasons it's an accumulation of multiple factor

Thats what we keep saying for years

Now let's move on to a new subject

even this ole twice anti is telling you to move on :pepe-shame:

this means you people should move on because it is tiring now

• SNSD did cute for SNSD (the song), kissing you, Gee and Oh (last cute concept) in their early careers. So they did do cute concepts early on, Kissing You is especially infamous for being almost embarrassingly too cute even by the members themselves lol.

But in that same time frame of 2007 to 2010 they did ITNW, Genie, RDR and Hoot. So while they did go in on cute for the first few CBs they also changed concept from Genie onwards which was a risky tactic and would be even now. Though of course it quickly built a name changing concepts every CB and are of the only ggs to find success doing so.

agree with kissing you but I don't consider gee, and oh! "overly cutesy" like I did with tt or cheer up and other songs (in my opinion) mind you, I was a fan of snsd when I got into kpop and those songs never made me cringe and I was new to kpop. My point is that snsd had more diversity in concepts overall and their songs weren't extreme cute from the beginning . I know about the girls being embarrassed about their early concepts lol

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!