Already receiving love calls from other labels, Industry experts are concerned that artists will leave SM entertainment due to the uncertain future of the company

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, I guess none of them are under contract!

This campaign is one of the dumbest thing I’ve witnessed.

Coincidentally alot of contracts are up for renewal this year and next

Plus of the shift in the management is too unfavorable they can argue this is not what signed up for.

Idk why people are under an impression that a contract only enforces idols to do things for the company and not the other way around.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I guess most of SNSD could be gone then:

- Yuri and Yoona are hot commodities in acting world and would be snapped up easily.

- Hyoyeon basically does her own music and her DJ tours don't really require a huge label to put them on.

- Sunny can easily join any entertainment label, she doesn't really need an SM level label to manager her career as she mainly focuses on TV work. Now she has no family attachment to SM anymore.

Only questionable one is Taeyeon. Shes dependant on SM to create her music and hold her tours so that could lead her to stay but she's one of the ultimate idols in all of Kpop so if she left any other company would snap her up and bend over backwards to treat her as their top priority.

• this might like a generation shift both with staff but also with idols

for example some employes can leave, Idols will see it and they will follow

curious how Red Velvet contract looks now

• External Content twitter.com

No but why are you posting a Twitter link which links to Allkpop article while we are on Allkpop forum? :pepe-hips:

• And risk getting black balled like Jessica Jung?

I doubt it.

• jype bout to open the SM division

yall rdy for 7 comebacks a year or what queens

and when they own all SM artists we will never see WayV again since we all know how much JYP likes to forget Chinese idols

I mean it took JYP almost 3 years to give their own Chinese group a new MV after they had 3 MVs before :( bruh

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• and when they own all SM artists we will never see WayV again since we all know how much JYP likes to forget Chinese idols

I mean it took JYP almost 3 years to give their own Chinese group a new MV after they had 3 MVs before :( bruh

yeah i doint get the chinese stuff, cause they got another chinese group this year

• interesting

one of the key things about being an idol is the inherent reliance upon one's management company and if the future status of that company is uncertain it doesn't bode well for the artists

• i think it's perfect timing for whoever wanted/wants to leave to go ahead because of the company's unstable position.

External Content youtu.be

• EXPOSE THE TRAITORS :pepe-pitchfork:

Wot?

they are not duty bound to SM

It's just a label

• Wot?

they are not duty bound to SM

It's just a label

It's not just a label, upon joining all SM idols have their natural red blood turned into pink blood. All the higher ups vampires can sense the idols blood as a result. They're all bound to SM by blood.

• They should absolutely be let out of their contracts or sue to get out of them.

This has been the single biggest f*ck up in Kpop. Hybe and LSM should be embarrassed.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I don't believe a single minute what these news outlets are saying when stuff like this happen it's so easy to spread false information so far Sm is proceeding with their plans just like they planed them and according to Hybe they won't be involved in Sm planing

I don't believe the news stories either, they're all just looking for clickbait.

But didn't hybe just release a whole bunch of stuff on how they ARE going to be involved in SM's planning and how they plan to change things for SM's artists. Aka that their statement that SM will remain autonomous was bs because hybe are going to put their sticky beaks in it and change things to what they know (focusing on America).

Hybe hasn't been able to get into the boardroom yet because of all the red tape around it so far, that's why SM is continuing as planned.

• Leaving means that your faves group won't ever comeback aka disband because the songs copyrights and group trademark are owned by SM. History told you that SM and Hybe wouldn't allow their artist that leaves the company to keep using it that why HOT and f(x) were disbanded and how Gfriend members can't perform any of their songs and needs to change the group name into Viviz. So why would you guys happy if your faves leaving SM?

• Leaving means that your faves group won't ever comeback aka disband because the songs copyrights and group trademark are owned by SM. History told you that SM and Hybe wouldn't allow their artist that leaves the company to keep using it that why HOT and f(x) were disbanded and how Gfriend members can't perform any of their songs and needs to change the group name into Viviz. So why would you guys happy if your faves leaving SM?

Also if Hybe has a say on SM let's remember they can just disband groups out of the blue, like how they did to Gfriend

I will never trust Hybe's filthy ass

Praying for SM to resist

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It is already over. LSM won the injunction to block the creation of new shares being sold to Kakao.

Who is coming off contract this year? If it is no one, except for someone that is unprofitable, then this is a junk article.

• Also if Hybe has a say on SM let's remember they can just disband groups of the blue, like how they did to Gfriend

I will never trust Hybe's filthy ass

Praying for SM to resist

Afaik Hybe will gives all their acts equal chances through screening test for about 2-3 years( like how gfriend got 3cb in a year) so as long as fans worked hard , Hybe won't disband them

We need to separate between Hybe artist and Hybe management and SM artist and SM management .

Hybe management vs SM management,

Who are actually the lesser evil do you think?

• Afaik Hybe will gives all their acts equal chances through screening test for about 2-3 years( like how gfriend got 3cb in a year) so as long as fans worked hard , Hybe won't disband them

We need to separate between Hybe artist and Hybe management and SM artist and SM management. Who are actually the lesser evil do you think?

The artists ofc. I actually liked the changes they did to gfriend but i DONT WANT any changes on what already works well (for me, at least). Like i know its not for everyone, sometimes not even me lol, but one of the reasons i like SM its exactly bc its the only kpop company that always surprise me with their content with almost every group and soloist.

Are they just going to end Hyo's career if she doesnt sell well? In that way i would understand her leaving, which is a pity cause not many companies are willing to let her release songs like deep

Are they going to end nct's crazy sound and give them more conventional music so we're not getting songs like sticker or simon says? Thats the kind of thought that bothers me in this hybe vs sm situation

JCsIq3Q.gif

Kek

MYs in general have had the most miserable views of this whole thing

Do you think jyp and yg suddenly became generous and allowed got7 and ikon to keep their names??

it's not 10 years ago now. Courts side with artists more and more. Hybe has been to court 17 times to stop gfriend members from promoting and guess what? They failed every single time.

The only group stuck in the contract is Aespa. Everyone else can leave this year or next if they don't like the new management.

• The artists ofc. I actually liked the changes they did to gfriend but i DONT WANT any changes on what already works well (for me, at least). Like i know its not for everyone, sometimes not even me lol, but one of the reasons i like SM its exactly bc its the only kpop company that always surprise me with their content with almost every group and soloist.

Are they just going to end Hyo's career if she doesnt sell well? In that way i would understand her leaving, which is a pity cause not many companies are willing to let her release songs like deep

Are they going to end nct's crazy sound and give them more conventional music so we're not getting songs like sticker or simon says? Thats the kind of thought that bothers me in this hybe vs sm situation

All hail corporate profit

Who cares about what the artists want to do or what's right.

Also if Hyo wasn't profitable, even SM wouldn't have given her comebacks.

• All hail corporate profit

Who cares about what the artists want to do or what's right.

Also if Hyo wasn't profitable, even SM wouldn't have given her comebacks.

I don't know, that may be incredibly naive from me but I feel like SM always try to give their artists a chance.. hichhiker for example.. he might be profitable in a niche but for kpop scale.. idk. That guy does have a long career though, so i may be completely wrong

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't know, that may be incredibly naive from me but I feel like SM always try to give their artists a chance.. hichhiker for example.. he might be profitable in a niche but for kpop scale.. idk. That guy does have a long career though, so i may be completely wrong

Hitchhiker was profitable as a composer and producer.

He got some stuff of his own but his main role was producing.

I do not believe anyone SM who gets comeback are in red. Like have you seen the list of greedy shit LSM has done? Do you think a guy like that would have been approving comebacks if there was no profit in it?

The problem with gfriend was that hybe changed their concept to sth their fandom didn't like and still blamed them for the low sale. Like imagine if they come in and make Aespa sing oppa oppa saranghe, and blame the girls for their fandom not liking the change.

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!