Who will be the Taeyeon of 3rd gen?

• It’s not Nayeon because she doesn’t have the vocal chops.

It’s not Hwasa because she’s irrelevant with the gp now and she isn’t Korea’s type of visual.

It’s not Wendy or any other members of RV because they’re not big enough

I, personally nominated Rosé

• Choi Yuna, formerly of GFriend, was the Taeyeon of 3rd Gen.

GFriend came from nothing to the title contender solely because of her.

However, the ex-owner of Source got greedy and made her sing duets with nobodies such as Sunyool of Up10tion, whose career has reached such state that he showed up in the Mr Trot 2 Audition.

All these useless duets and no solo. By the time GF disbanded, no one wanted her vocal skills.

After that no one talks about who was the next Taeyeon of the 3rd Gen.

• no one. period.

now in the 4th gen, Winter might get somewhere, her voice is magical.

But Taeyeon level, i don’t know. she is one of a kind.

Taeyeon is extremely versatile, she is beautiful and charismatic. So far no one comes close. Only IU went higher than her.

• Winter’s voice is extremely annoying to listen to I don’t like her tone whereas Taeyeon has a very likable tone

• Honestly no one currently, Taeyeon is in a league of her own. 4G is now and we don't have a standout soloist from the previous era.

Taeyeon was a household name as a singer at pretty much debut for SNSD and dubbed the ost queen as a teenager. She was highly regarded as an elite singer even before her solo debut years later. And we all know how amazing her solo career has been. Her career as an individual singer of critical and commercial success basically is her entire 15 years which is much longer than any other idol as they develop as soloists much later on to varying success. An idol may have the technical skill or the popularity that's comparable to Taeyeon but so far none have both which makes Taeyeon so dominant.

Nowadays an idol may make 1 or 2 cbs and that's it for years to come (eg amlost all member of Twice, RV or BP). If they do manage to string together a few hits then their career at peak is short lived, lasting a few years if they're lucky (Hwasa, Chungha, while Sunmi 2G she was a soloist around 3G and so on). By then they're just any old solo from a idol group and there's tons of them around.

• Winter’s voice is extremely annoying to listen to I don’t like her tone whereas Taeyeon has a very likable tone

Nah her voice is beautiful, her vocal color specially. It only sounds bad when she sings out of her range because SM smh likes to make her scream some random high notes. Just like IU when she tries hitting those C5s or above. Ear deafaning :pepe-life-support:

• Ahhh now I know who you are lolololol.. :clown::clown: I was wondering why you keep shoving to the entire forum that you are a blink and making those BP is great thread... Now I get it LOL... I guess ripia know it as well but now rules have change haha.. Good luck! :pepe_akorns:

• Kim Sejeong and to be honest, I don't think anyone even come close.

No other 3rd gen soloists has the combination of talents and popularity and she fits that bill perfectly like as an OST singer, ballad singer that Koreans love.

She can also be like IU where she's got the best of both worlds with acting and singing.

• Honestly no one currently. 4G is now and we don't have a standout soloist from the previous era.

Taeyeon was a household name as a singer at pretty much debut for SNSD and dubbed the ost queen as a teenager. She was highly regarded as an elite singer even before her solo debut years later. And we all know how amazing her solo career has been. Her career as an individual singer basically is her entire 15 years which is much longer than any other idol who often develop as soloists much later on.

Nah her voice is beautiful, her vocal color specially. It only sounds bad when she sings out of her range because SM smh likes to make her scream some random high notes. Just like IU when she tries hitting those C5s or above. Ear deafaning :pepe-life-support:

Agreed with this. Unfortunately as a soloist I think she's still in the shadow of IU, who seems to shine and sell more. Taeyeon deserves more tbh, maybe it's not me to say it as I'm a foreigner, but she's superior to IU who's the princess of Korea.

But yeah I also remember the days of TaeTiSeo (which I worshipped) and how they made her sing such high notes. A disservice to her talent tbh.

I wish we could see Taeyeon shine brightly (even more). Also due to her talent, I could see her as a solo singer in the west too. With good promo she could go far.

Because of this yes, I can't see anyone taking her place. Her voice colour is unique and beautiful. I can't see anyone else shining like her. There's Wheein but... maybe her releases are a bit forgetful, I don't know.

• as a singer/perfomer/vocalist I also think that Taeyeon is superior to IU. But IU has a more commercial voice.

I don’t know how to explain but both have strong points. Taeyeon as a performer and as an emotional singer while IU has a prettier vocal color but less emotional ability. IU also writes songs while Taeyeon doesn’t really that's why IU is so respected too.

Their voices are different also, one is more warm and rich while the other is more etheral and light. But both are amazing.

The thing with Taeyeon is that even tho SM gives Taeyeon a lot of opportunities Sm also puts limites to her as a singer.

I personally think SM made Taeyeon a kpop queen but to be more of a queen amongst 'singers' she needs to put out more serious work. I feel like Taeyeon is limited in SM. Condamned to sing rnb or pop songs when she could be doing something that suits her musical color more like ballads and alt rock. Songs like 11 11, Time lapse and If. She could reach higher status as a singer in Korea if she did that. Maybe not lile IU but high enough regardless.

• In terms of being the succesful soloist with her own brand after their group, it could be either Jennie or Rosé. Jennie is the it girl and has established herself outside of BP at least in SK, plus Solo did similarly to I, Rosé voice is very liked and she has the most melon followers for the third gen gg soloists, her debut didn't do extraordinarily good but it was enough for her to create herself a little gp support and earn some cfs and being invited to do variety.

Of course musicality its impossible for them to be compared since Taeyeon is mostly famous because of her ballads while Chaennie are definitely into more dance/pop/rock with her songs. But how I said, in terms of being the Succesful Soloist who is part of a popular GG, they are the one with the biggest chance.

• Ningning is more of a Taeyeon than Winter. Winter is definitely like Jessica Jung, both debuted with already strong vocals but Taeyeon improved way more than Jessica ever did, Ningning has that potential too that's why she's the main vocalist. Winter is limited by her technique just like Jessica though she's above average. Jessica is as good as she debuted, she's maintained her vocals somehow.

Ningning is THE vocalist to watch out for especially now that all the girls are popular.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Exactly!

I also liked that era of hers. I LOVE Rain, 11 11, 4 Seasons etc... but it went downhill with Weekend and INVU. Yikes.

She's capable of much more. ;judgingpepe: Rose of BP is hindered in the same aspect IMO. Her voice doesn't even touch Taeyeon's tbh, but she has this own style that would suit her much better.

Either way, even though I'm a SONE, Taeyeon indeed shines more solo (also happened with TaeTiSeo despite the high notes).

I also feel this with JK of BTS. But it's not as much as BH's choices... I dunno but he's capable of singing GREAT songs. But he's somehow always placed in mediocre ones that don't really allow his vocal skills to shine. Compare for instance Suga's Stay Alive ( :starryeyes-pepe: ) to Charlie Puth's Left and Right and the world cup song. :pepe-cringe: Honestly, both were disservices to his skills. IMO.

• Rose's vocals don't compare to Taeyeon's in any way. She's more popular though.

Rose has the popularity while Wendy has the vocals. Wendy is the only one who can pull of what Taeyeon can't vocally.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's funny but I don't like Taeyeon's tone. I prefer whiny vocalists like Jessica and Rose. Seulgi is my fav in Red Velvet.

• INVU is vocally superior than all her other songs. The vocal runs in that song are heavenly.

Rose is stylistic and I think it's ok if can preserve and maintain her vocals.

• Time Lapse and Circus are masterpieces.

About her career, Taeyeon says SM mostly cares about bringing out the best in her. She can't play it safe.

• Nah her voice is beautiful, her vocal color specially. It only sounds bad when she sings out of her range because SM smh likes to make her scream some random high notes. Just like IU when she tries hitting those C5s or above. Ear deafening :pepe-life-support:

I'm sorry but I don't know what is so special about IU's vocals. She sounds so ordinary and yet she's so powerful.

it will be Joy or Wendy. I can see the potential. Wendy's versatile vocalist. Just don't think that she will only released a ballad album. Wendy's album also sold well. Joy has potential but I can't be sure as she will be into acting. She definitely has the tone and style that koreans love

i wonder how Wendy's pop album will sound, I love her ballads.

And I'm waiting for Joy's too, she has honey like vocals.

I'm patiently waiting.

Kim Sejeong and to be honest, I don't think anyone even come close.

No other 3rd gen soloists has the combination of talents and popularity and she fits that bill perfectly like as an OST singer, ballad singer that Koreans love.

She can also be like IU where she's got the best of both worlds with acting and singing.

If you talk just talents and popularity, Red Velvet Wendy and Seulgi are better vocalist and Joy is definitely more popular than her because of her modelling.

Honestly, Taeyeon's vocals are very strong and very unique. She has the best combination of technique and tone/color. I'm yet to see another vocalist like her.

But when it comes to her promotion, it feels like something is off. Either it's too hard for her to promote consistently probably because of health issues or SM just know how to give her good music and that's it.

I feel like Yoona is promoted way better even though they focus on different things. If you compare Taeyeon to other SM soloits like Kai, she's not promoted well. She even has albums that weren't promoted at all. I don't know.

• If you talk just talents and popularity, Red Velvet Wendy and Seulgi are better vocalist and Joy is definitely more popular than her because of her modelling.

Are we really acting like Seulgi is a better vocalist now lol. Sejeong literally performs in musicals.

And Sejeong is popular beyond just the Kpop bubble. Girl just hosted the SBS Drama Awards.

• Ningning is more of a Taeyeon than Winter. Winter is definitely like Jessica Jung, both debuted with already strong vocals but Taeyeon improved way more than Jessica ever did, Ningning has that potential too that's why she's the main vocalist. Winter is limited by her technique just like Jessica though she's above average. Jessica is as good as she debuted, she's maintained her vocals somehow.

Ningning is THE vocalist to watch out for especially now that all the girls are popular.

I didn't say Winter's voice was like Taeyeon's. I say there is something beautiful in her tone and color that could get her very far even if she is not the best vocalist and nowhere near Ningning level. A bit like IU.

For example Taeyeon is a far better vocalist than IU and IU can barely handle some very poorly executed C5s while Taeyon is out there belting D5s but there is something in IU's voice that makes her so popular with gp. That is her vocal color.

So in a sense Winter is closer in her style to someone like IU rather than Taeyeon but because this thread is about Taeyeon and about gg voices the first person i toight about that could possibly have a real impact as a singer in the 4th gen is Winter.

Also Ningning's voice is beautiful but there are many beautiful voices out there. And I just think that there is something very special and almost otherwordly about Winter’s voice. Something etheral and distincive that could possibly get her pretty far with the right music. (In korea at last)

• I didn't say Winter's voice was like Taeyeon's. I say there is something beautiful in her tone and color that could get her very far even if she is not the best vocalist and nowhere near Ningning level. A bit like IU.

For example Taeyeon is a far better vocalist than IU and IU can barely handle some very poorly executed C5s while Taeyon is out there belting D5s but there is something in IU's voice that makes her so popular with gp. That is her vocal color.

So in a sense Winter is closer in her style to someone like IU rather than Taeyeon but because this thread is about Taeyeon and about gg voices the first person i toight about that could possibly have a real impact as a singer in the 4th gen is Winter.

IU's reputation (nation's little sister) has more to do with her popularity than her actual singing.

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!