Following third Gen's Timeline, Fourth Gens only has 2 years left

• So third Gen started in 2012 with the debut of Exo right? And it ran for the course of 6 years before Fourth Gen started in 2018 for the debut of Stray kids and G-idle.

Now, four years later, following the course of 3rd Gens, 4th gens only have 2 years before a new Generation comes. (It's still weird how 3rd gens only got 6 years)

It's weird since Fourth Gen hasn't even dominated the industry at this stage. It is still being headed by the 3rd Gen top groups who still haven't reached their peaks.

In the fourth year of 3rd Gens (2016), they have already successfully taken over the previous Generation with Twice, BTS and Exo leading the pack. So, this year is that year that fourth gens should already be outdoing their seniors.

Will fourth Gen Era really pass without 4th Gens taking over 3rd Gens?

Discuss

• i think generations are done, too many groups from big companies OR its gonna be an extended ass 4th

generations werent just built on years, 3rd started when 2nd gen was WAY down, like barely any groups charting well

2nd gen started and further evolved the k-idols system(and made being an idols relevent, and not just american group copycats)

4th was the start of the junior groups debuting of mega popular 3rd gen (ITZY and TxT)

• But second gen lasted for like 10 years so if 3rd gen cut 4 years off that then that means it cut off 2/5 of that time... that would mean 4th gen is only about 3 years and 8 months? left.

So we'll be in 5th gen by the end of the year. :thumbup::thumbup:

• i think generations are done, too many groups from big companies OR its gonna be an extended ass 4th

generations werent just built on years, 3rd started when 2nd gen was WAY down, like barely any groups charting well

2nd gen started and further evolved the k-idols system(and made being an idols relevent, and not just american group copycats)

4th was the start of the junior groups debuting of mega popular 3rd gen (ITZY and TxT)

Honestly, I thought the creation of Fourth Gen was forced. Like, there's no triggering artist that said, I'm starting a new generation, in 4th gen for me. Like, 2nd gen started with the revival of Groups with TVXQ. 3rd Gen started with the revival of physical sales through EXO. Like, what happened in 2018 that cut off the third Generation? I don't think the debut of popular 3rd Gen's Juniors is a triggering event. It's honestly started by fans who wanted to claim some records but cannot outdo the 3rd gens. The opening of New markets and massive boom in the Korean Music industry was headed and still headed by a 3rd Gen.

• If you look at the technological possibilities and the actual facts. 5th gen started last year. :pepe-mirror-glare:

2In AcTuALitY if you examine the data and analyse the information from it we can extrapolate that we are infact in 3.5 gen :pepe-mirror-glare:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Wasn't 3rd gen started in 2012? 2nd gen groups like bigbang, Sistar, 2ne1, snsd, girls day etc. Were still dominating at that time. 2nd gen didn't start slowing down until 2015/16 tbh.

• All 3rd gen groups have peaked already. BTS in 2019-2020, BP in 2020, Twice in 2018. All of BTS's singles got beat by Aespa last year and Aespa also broke all of Blackpink's longevity records for LSG. Ive has taken Korea by storm, Gidle literally has the SOTY right now, and other groups are lurking in the weeds like LSRFM, Stayc and NMIXX.

It truly is the time of 4th gen right now. Watching BTS vs BP, BP vs Twice fanwars is like watching two old boxing heavyweights, in the twilight of their careers, go at it one more time on the deck of the Titanic while the ship is about to sink.

• All 3rd gen groups have peaked already. BTS in 2019-2020, BP in 2020, Twice in 2018. All of BTS's singles got beat by Aespa last year and Aespa also broke all of Blackpink's longevity records for LSG. Ive has taken Korea by storm, Gidle literally has the SOTY right now, and other groups are lurking in the weeds like LSRFM, Stayc and NMIXX.

It truly is the time of 4th gen right now. Watching BTS vs BP, BP vs Twice fanwars is like watching two old boxing heavyweights, in the twilight of their careers, go at it one more time on the deck of the Titanic while the ship is about to sink.

You have said before that BTS peaked in 2019 BWL era after On was released only for Dynamite to go no.1 for 3 months. That caused your hiatus remember. BTS is still breaking records and they still have 5 years left of their current contract. Are we really going to act like 3rd gens aren't still outselling 4th gens by a huge margin?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!