Posts by ks8126

I ain't got no horses in this race, but ain't no one even thinking about her lol. There's never been anyone in history of Kpop who was only there for a hot 2 minutes and still got people simping over her. Make this make sense dude.

And let alone she's not doing any acting lol. What projects has she been casted in and even then it's not like she can make it in the big league as a main or even a supporting role with her history.

JYP lucked out with Twice, because if we're being honest, their girl groups always had something off and never reached that top tier level of girl groups.

• Miss A peaked at debut with Bad Girl Good Girl and Suzy grew to be bigger than the group itself.
    • Wonder Girls had great hits, but it was hard to compete with SNSD, 2NE1 and even Kara. And of course JYP tried too hard with the US promotions.
    • And now Itzy's concepts and music are not exactly the most public friendly. Great and talented members, but just not it.
    • I feel like people know Nmixx is a talented group, but they're not even in the conversation amongst the top of 4th gen.

Lol it does sound like a marketing ploy.

Her changing is part of the play, and it's for the audience to see. It's not like it's a hidden camera in the change room or anything.

The real problem is recording the play itself since these shows don't allow filming until the curtain call at the end.

Sounds like tickets aren't selling well and they're using this to publish articles to gain interest. I mean it is working tho.

I'd also include ALICE Sohee and CSR Sua. These are gorgeous women that everyone can recognize their beauty. But when it comes to popularity they always fall short of getting a big following like a Suzy, Yoona or Jennie. Maybe they just look too perfect or have a slight foreign feel. That's why they even like Kazuha even though she's Japanese, but her look vibes with them.

Rather than their visuals themselves, isn't it much more about their companies, their group and individual popularity that's the problem here?

Someone mentioned it, but JYP has always been ass since Suzy.. they've had pretty faces like Twice Tzuyu, Itzy Yuna but fans always complained about how they're underutilised and what not, Sullyoon is no different.

As for the other ones like Yeonwoo, Sohee and Sua, it's much more about not being under a Big 3 company like Suzy or Yoona are. I would argue there's plenty of pretty visuals who would gain a lot more popularity if they were under a Big 3 with the spotlight on them, and having people actually checking their groups out, rather than the mob mentality of just stanning and following big groups.

She still has popularity, but at the end of the day, there's a ceiling to her popularity simply because she's not Korean, and does not speak Korean fluently. It's no different to other popular foreign idols before her, like Tzuyu, Sana, etc. People say Tzuyu would be it girl this or it girl that if it wasn't for JYP holding her back, but at the end of the day, it's all speculation and history shows that foreign idols never really reach that peak.

Actually pleasing to see some talented contestants in the last episode, but a lot of them are still unpolished.

They've eliminated half of them, and looks like there will finally be some actual hands-on mentoring in the next episode, which is great. I was worried they only had that stellar Unicorn lineup just to waste them on just judging.

The rigging had little to nothing to do with how both groups turned out.

At the time with Produce 48, Produce still had strong brand power and a built in fanbase. Whatever lineup they result in, the group would've done the same even if they swap out Jo Yuri and Kim Chaewon with Chowon and Gaeun (the two most rumoured rigged in contestants). And with a concept and debut song already decided. People like to claim Chaewon and Yuri fit in the concept and how Chowon and Gaeun would not have, that's all bs and self-rationalisation. Like everyone else has said, this is the lineup people are familiar with and the only one you know. If Lee Chaeyeon didn't make the lineup, you all would've said she wouldn't have fit the concept because of her visuals. But as long as the lineup has the core members like Jang Wonyoung, Sakura or Minju, any other members would be fine in the background because those members are the face of the groups and represent the group's identity.

Rigging the lineup wouldn't have helped Kepler in any way, they had a rocky start with the show itself with all the different rules, trying to differentiate itself from the original Produce. There was a survival show fatigue with this essentially being season 5 of Produce 101, and the general public has completely turned away due to the rigging itself. Their sounds and concepts are hardly public friendly and any kind of member change done with rigging wouldn't help at all. Who can you put in this lineup from GP999 that would've helped the group? The other popular trainee was Yurina, but if even Xiaoting can get buried in this group, how far can another foreign member realistically take them?

Biggest factor is that their songs get mixed opinions and are not public friendly. If your songs are good, all the stuff with talent/performance etc. go away easily and often get swept under the rug. I mean, only Kpop fans look and argue 24/7 about talents and bait post hating on whatever. The casual public, and non-Kpop fans really only care about good and catchy music, and if you have a reputation for good music, your group will rise to the top regardless, especially if you have a JYP company backing you.

But also ITZY came at an awkward time transitioning between 3rd and 4th gen. Twice and other top groups were still going strong in 2019, and as an anticipated sister group, ITZY had a completely different image and concept than Twice. There are still "company stans" who supported both groups, but if your music is so different, a lot of them will not necessarily stan them and become hard core fans.

Doubt it is rigged in terms of voting, but like all survival shows, SBS has their favourites and screentime differences reflect that. But it's not like they can show all 82 contestants evenly so they will naturally cut out the uninteresting/ some of the untalented ones out on the broadcast.

The talent pool is like most survival shows now, kinda average. There are some standouts, but most of the contestants are so young and they simply are not skilled or trained enough yet to debut. But if people are watching and there's money to be made, they will keep making these shows.

To be honest, it will be better if PD's wait 2-3 years because the talent pool is so thin across the board that the talents are not worth hyping up like they were 7 years ago when Produce first came out.

Well... it wasn't simply because she was inactive. Her few last releases didn't do well and now with all ongoing issues she has a lot to prove as she is basically starting from the beginning.

I look forward to her comeback and I hope she will do well and be back on spotlight.

I mentioned it in my comment, but it doesn't matter if her latest releases weren't as popular. Not every single release will hit the same, that's normal in the industry, there's going to be highs and lows.

And her social media is starting from scratch, but not her career lol. People already know who she is, she's got hit songs and can promote anywhere on shows. Chungha is a known commodity and she's got some of the highest streaming numbers without even releasing songs in 2023.

And you can include Yeonjung in the conversation as well. WJSN is an upper tier group and herself has gotten into multiple musicals in the last few years and was nominated for Best New Actress.