Chuu's case made me see how a big part of kpop fans will side with the company no matter what.

• After Dispatch's article saying that we don't have a single villain suddenly Chuu isn't an angel or "oh, we really shouldn't judge BBC so hard", but I'll explain here all the info we have bc apparently they are on the same level:

BBC:

- took advantage of young girls/minors and put them in basically a slave contract where the profit goes 7:3 and the 7 is obviously the company, but the cost arrangement goes 5:5 that IF calculated makes the girls even more in debit.

- didn't pay them at all in all these years and thanks to the beautiful contract the more they work as Loona the more their debit was/are increasing.

- took advantage of Chuu's popularity and made everything to keep her in the company, but also made everything to keep the profit just to them.

- tried to use their company power to make her look bad.

- contacted Dispatch to show how abusive Chuu was when literally ignoring the $150k debit all members are minus Chuu thanks to the contract Chuu didn't accept anymore.

If I'm forgetting something please tell me so i can add here!

Now Chuu:

- always worked hard to make Loona a great group and thanks to her charisma and HARDWORK she got some CFs, solo activities.

- worked like crazy like any idol and wasn't getting paid.

- stood up for herself and fought for her rights!

- acted rude towards the company bc 1° she couldn't trust them anymore, 2° she was tired of them delaying things and making her life difficult, 3° she HERSELF got some gigs bc the company was incompetent to even make their job.

- isn't an angel neither a robot, girl is a human who did everything to survive in such a toxic environment.

So how can we say BBC isn't that evil? That BBC isn't bad? That BBC isn't the villain? How can we even compare a powerless idol fighting for her rights to a company abusing their power? How dumb and spoiled can you be to even say Chuu was in the wrong? What did she do wrong? She was rude towards someone who was obviously taking advantage of her????

I already said it before and I'll say it again, k companies treat their idols like shit bc kpop fans treat the idols like robots or toys. End.

And based on all these info I'm still in Chuu's side. If BBC has more info that aren't text message with Chuu speaking in informal language towards their ass I'm waiting and I'll still side eye them bc being rude x not paying your employees, omg, who should i side with? :pepe-just-smile:

That's it and that's my opinion in a general scale bc Chuu case really just made us see why kpop companies still abuse their idols.

• tbh? I don't even think she was rude. I would have swore at them several times.

I still say fuck BBC on the daily. She didn't use formal speech.

Formal speech? They can fuck off for all I care.

I'm glad Chuu escaped and I can only pray the rest of the members can as well.

That company is enslaving them and I'm not using that word lightly.

• tbh? I don't even think she was rude. I would have swore at them several times.

I still say fuck BBC on the daily. She didn't use formal speech.

Formal speech? They can fuck off for all I care.

I'm glad Chuu escaped and I can only pray the rest of the members can as well.

That company is enslaving them and I'm not using that word lightly.

I said rude bc this was the excuse some were giving to indirectly blame her.

Do you see my quotes? Yes, girl wasn't rude, girl was tired of working non stop and being treated like shit.

• honestly chuu didn't do anything wrong in my eyes from the stuff that was translated. since when was being sassy and fighting for yourself a crime? she didn't even say anything that bad in those texts. like, who was abusing who... they were literally ignoring her messages and then attempted to gaslight her by making her out to be the bad guy.

loona did so much work and none of the members have any money to show for it. thats the concerning part to me. who gives a fuck about chuu's "mean" texts.

who's your favorite artist?

• people are like both sides are wrong bc she was rude

Like fudge she was in a contract that the more she worked, the bigger her debts got. Like that's illegal??????

Put yourself in her shoes, Like plzzzz

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• there are people siding with BBC =O

Someone literally here in akp said Chuu is not the poor victim we thought she is and she's as messed up as bbc just because the chats. She not even swearing to her managers and company after all the shit they gave her. And just because she left the set for her solo schedule that she planned earlier and bbc purposely delayed the shooting because they mad at her. She even wait for couple of hours with the members before left because she was done with bbc bullshit. And that just in Akp, there might more in other platforms.

So, yup some stupid people do siding with bbc just because Chuu showing her human side to them. They must thought that these idols are just a robot that will smile to them 24/7. Saying chuu as bad as bbc equal to siding them too, lol.

• I didn't even bother to read that article because I knew from the headline alone "there is no single victim in this situation" that dispatch was full of shit.

No matter what, we are talking about a single young girl against a whole ass company. No matter what, the power disparity is in the favor of that company, and the facts of the matter is that that company has been taking advantage of her wages which is doubly worse because of how hard idols have to work.

So what if she was being angry and not using a nice tone? If my job robbed and took advantage of me I wouldn't be speaking politely either. The thing about Kpop is that this industry has truly managed to make it hard for idols to be human and express themselves as such. A reaction that would be normal by any other standard is now being used to paint Chuu as if she is a horrible person all because of idol image. Nevermind the fact that almost all of the rest of Loona members obviously agree with her too and are seeking to get out of their contracts.

• honestly chuu didn't do anything wrong in my eyes from the stuff that was translated. since when was being sassy and fighting for yourself a crime? she didn't even say anything that bad in those texts. like, who was abusing who... they were literally ignoring her messages and then attempted to gaslight her by making her out to be the bad guy.

loona did so much work and none of the members have any money to show for it. thats the concerning part to me. who gives a fuck about chuu's "mean" texts.

Right? She was just tired bc they literally work a lot and weren't seeing a cent like what's so wrong about not taking the shit people are throwing at you?

She was right all along!! And now she is happily getting paid for her work!

• I think some people in another thread were blaming her for being "rude" in her texts and saying both sides were at fault.

I knew it would happen lol, i knew some folks would blame her for her "harsh" word choice.

i think its dumb the fans automatically defend her bc of what they see on camera but then usually theyre the ones to attack idols that get into similar scandals saying "believe the victim" but i dont see any hate towards chuu.. at least not enough to make a thread about

• I didn't even bother to read that article because I knew from the headline alone "there is no single victim in this situation" that dispatch was full of shit.

No matter what, we are talking about a single young girl against a whole ass company. No matter what, the power disparity is in the favor of that company, and the facts of the matter is that that company has been taking advantage of her wages which is doubly worse because of how hard idols have to work.

So what if she was being angry and not using a nice tone? If my job robbed and took advantage of me I wouldn't be speaking politely either. The thing about Kpop is that this industry has truly managed to make it hard for idols to be human and express themselves as such. A reaction that would be normal by any other standard is now being used to paint Chuu as if she is a horrible person all because of idol image. Nevermind the fact that almost all of the rest of Loona members obviously agree with her too and are seeking to get out of their contracts.

Well said!! Really well said!!

• i think its dumb the fans automatically defend her bc of what they see on camera but then usually theyre the ones to attack idols that get into similar scandals saying "believe the victim" but i dont see any hate towards chuu.. at least not enough to make a thread about

The fact that you are more worried about me making a thread instead of actually caring enough to see how Loona/Chuu were/are treated badly says enough to me.

• Most people always hate on companies over their faves.

If anything goes wrong it was the companies flout.

If anything goes right, it was because our faves did it.

So is surprising that people think that fans may side with a company.

Maybe people that already hated on Chuu will do it. Most people will take Chuu's side.

• Since everyone seems to agree with OP's perspective, so I'll put another perspective. I'd assume the reason why some people think what Chuu, or her mother did was 'ungraceful':

1. Chuu already won the battle when the court sided with her, what Chuu was doing after that was just revenge.

2. Her revenge put her members in an awkward position.
    3. She said that she agreed to sign another contract for the sake of the group, but her action said otherwise. She seems to not have that much interest in doing group activities.

4. Some people feel bad for Team Leader B. They got caught in the crossfire between Chuu and BBC.

This is just an observation; I don't necessarily agree with what I wrote above.

• It was not just rude words, she fined them $50M won damages ($39,397) for a MV delay which was in no one's control, saying it was not just for that delay but for multiple past problems with schedules. That was obviously nothing compared to the amount of money she was scammed out of but 2 wrongs don't make a right

• Since everyone seems to agree with OP's perspective, so I'll put another perspective. I'd assume the reason why some people think what Chuu, or her mother did was 'ungraceful':

1. Chuu already won the battle when the court sided with her, what Chuu was doing after that was just revenge.

3. She said that she agreed to sign another contract for the sake of the group, but her action said otherwise. She seems to not have that much interest in doing group activities.

4. Some people feel bad for Team Leader B. They got caught in the crossfire between Chuu and BBC.

We can't talk about Loona members feelings here when 9 of them are doing what Chuu did tbh.

And I won't say any of the staff in that company are victims either when they all knew how the girls weren't getting paid and still working a lot.

• It was not just rude words, she fined them $50M won damages ($39,397) for a MV delay which was in no one's control, saying it was not just for that delay but for multiple past problems with schedules. That was obviously nothing compared to the amount of money she was scammed out of but 2 wrongs don't make a right

Chuu had a schedule the next day and they knew it. It wasn't her fault that the MV filming was delayed neither could she do much bc she did stay more hours, but should she sacrifice herself to the point of maybe even fainting in the next schedule bc of lack of sleep? And omg, she made them pay her what was according to the law AND in her new contract!! Omg!!

She wasn't "just" scammed, are we kidding ourselves here? Do we not know how much idols work, the many days without sleep, without eating properly? She went through everything without getting paid, the stress was there, the anxiety was there, the sadness of betrayal was there, this isn't just a scam, they literally put Loona in a slave contract so no, 2 wrongs don't do a right and Chuu now demanding to be treated right doesn't make BBC a poor thing.

• Chuu had a schedule the next day and they knew it. It wasn't her fault that the MV filming was delayed neither could she do much bc she did stay more hours, but should she sacrifice herself to the point of maybe even fainting in the next schedule bc of lack of sleep? And omg, she made them pay her what was according to the law AND in her new contract!! Omg!!

She wasn't "just" scammed, are we kidding ourselves here? Do we not know how much idols work, the many days without sleep, without eating properly? She went through everything without getting paid, the stress was there, the anxiety was there, the sadness of betrayal was there, this isn't just a scam, they literally put Loona in a slave contract so no, 2 wrongs don't do a right and Chuu now demanding to be treated right doesn't make BBC a poor thing.

Oh I forgot about how she still stayed for as long as possible

Why is that considered a wrong? If a doctor's office has a $100 cancellation fee if you fail to show up on time and you get stuck behind a traffic accident that is "in no one's control", they will still charge you the cancellation fee. I'm sure if Chuu missed a cf schedule for whatever reason, even if it was her company holding her up, she'd have to pay damages for that too, and it wouldn't be "wrong" for the cf company to demand that.

• Why is that considered a wrong? If a doctor's office has a $100 cancellation fee if you fail to show up on time and you get stuck behind a traffic accident that is "in no one's control", they will still charge you the cancellation fee. I'm sure if Chuu missed a cf schedule for whatever reason, even if it was her company holding her up, she'd have to pay damages for that too, and it wouldn't be "wrong" for the cf company to demand that.

Actually that's right I just thought it's a pretty big fee, so, if it was really out of anyone's control that would just not be nice, like if the doctor's cancellation was a really high fee. But okay

For number 3, it wasn't her that was acting vendective but BBC

She gave them notice of her solo sched in advance and BBC repeatedly scheduled group stuff in conflict with her solo sched. The text that was revealed was the boiling point. She realized they never intended to change and just keep screwing her over.

As for managers, yeah they are middle man and get caught in cross fire.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!