Which company from the big 3 that might end up like DSP?

• Which big 3 company might end up like DSP? 25

1. YG (13) 52%
    2. JYP (12) 48%
    3. SM (0) 0%

Based on their performance now from their management to their music quality and other factors, which out of these 3 companies that probably end up like DSP who once bear that title too and one of the big name in this industry before. I just want to see how you view these 3 companies transition from generation to generation, is it smooth and become much better than before or worst.

This is the list of the groups under each company. I will not included the solo artists because it will be a lot to list here and sorry if I miss anyone.

SM:

TVXQ (Duo), Super Junior, Snsd, Shinee, Exo, Red Velvet, Nct, Aespa

Jyp:

2pm, Twice, Stray Kids, Itzy, Nmixx, Day6, Xdniary Heroes

Yg:

Sechs Kiss, Big Bang, Akmu (duo), Winner, Ikon, Blackpink, Treasure

• YG if they lose Blackpink

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Both JYP and YG are heavily influenced by their owners, but at least JYP has taken the middle of road approach - he is not going for a jackpot, just steady income. So it will last a long time.

YG has nothing after BlackPink.

• YG is the only one without an established 4th gen group. jype has itzy and sm has aespa. i think their next gg will struggle.

really? I don’t think so like at all. I think their debut is gonna smash just like every other big 4 rookie gg sans nmixx. Yg may have fumbled the bag with their bgs but i have no doubt they’ll continue their spotless ggs streak.

• really? I don’t think so like at all. I think their debut is gonna smash just like every other big 4 rookie gg sans nmixx. Yg may have fumbled the bag with their bgs but i have no doubt they’ll continue their spotless ggs streak.

i mean, obviously anything is possible, but this is just my opinion. 4th gen has been very top heavy with established girl groups in a way 3rd gen was not. ive lesserafim new jeans gidle aespa and itzy have already zoomed passed their recent predecessors, only lacking the legacy of twice and black pink. yg has fallen behind and a rehash of the girl crush concept that made 2ne1 and black pink stand out is not likely to work as well anymore with the changing trends.

who's your favorite artist?

• really? I don’t think so like at all. I think their debut is gonna smash just like every other big 4 rookie gg sans nmixx. Yg may have fumbled the bag with their bgs but i have no doubt they’ll continue their spotless ggs streak.

but their usual approach of "exclusivity" and long hiatuses won't work in this/future generation

nowadays kids in Korea drop those groups faster than they kill mosquitos during summer

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• but their usual approach of "exclusivity" and long hiatuses won't work in this/future generation

nowadays kids in Korea drop those groups faster than they kill mosquitos during summer

But you’re talking long term about whether yg’s ngg can retain the fans they’d accumulated after awhile. Whereas my point was about them smashing hard the moment they debut lol, like nj, and bp, and 2ne1. I personally don’t have any doubt yg will be able to achieve this again. Too many curious eyes are gonna be on them for them to flop, and i think people are vastly underestimating the yg brand when it comes to ggs. Say what you will about their music, but the image and branding that yg puts forth is undeniably attractive to the general audience. Their mainstream market appeal is just insane, and i say this as someone who’s not a fan lol

• Financially JYPe is the strongest of these companies.

It's not because of they make the most money as they really make the least but because they have better operational performance. (operational performance means they get more money in sales for money they spend). The overhead from SME and YGE are huge compared to JYP and one problem is once you start down that path it is hard to pull back from that path. How do you think all those sports people that make 10s of millions of dollars a year go bankrupt all the time. It's because they spend big and can't control themselves. Same happens with companies.

The biggest diversity in business is probably SM. (Might by YGE) as both groups have modeling businesses and many other sources of income (and expenses) than JYPE does.

For biggest diversity of their core business SM or JYP is the most diverse. And the OP did forget two units of JYP one being China (Boy Story), and one being Japan (NiziU). NiziU in particular is making a LOT of money in Japan right now. So if your starting to salivate that those companies you HATE. Sorry ain't happening.

That being said none of these companies are on even close to being another DSP. At least nothing will happen in 2023 or even 2024. All companies are doing very good. The closest analogy is more like Cube, WM, or Woolim. But none of those three were as big (relatively for the market at that time) as DSP was.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!