Does G-idle have issues with IVE?

• I think they were just really expecting the soty to go to tomboy

they would have been as disappointed if it went to someone other than IVE

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• gidle probably thought they were a shoo in for soty with tomboy. idt they thought these shows would give soty to rookies. first time its happened since miss a

I will never forget the uproar miss a ensued. They weren't even 5 months old and already won SOTY. :pepe-life-support:

But it seems to be a JYP GG thing. WG won SOTY with Nobody within 4 months of the song being out.

On the topic tho, humility, fake or otherwise, needs to make a comeback.

• No, I don't think so. If anything they seem to have an issue with the award shows itself. But idk, it feels a little off. I understand how they must be feeling because of how well they managed to do this year... but it feels like they are ignoring the fact that, well, so did everybody else. So it's like I get them, but I also don't. I feel like they should approached the situation with a bit more tact than this, but I also see why they might be too frustrated and are just reacting. So I'm just like eh.... eh.

• I think they were just really expecting the soty to go to tomboy

they would have been as disappointed if it went to someone other than IVE

I agree. I don't think it's about the group that won at all; it's got to be disappointing to have a smash year and the only awards they took home are specially made awards. I don't think they're saying "IVE sucks and doesn't deserve any awards" but it's got to be like, really, how good a year can you possibly have and only get a participation gold sticker at the end of it?

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• No, I don't think so. If anything they seem to have an issue with the award shows itself. But idk, it feels a little off. I understand how they must be feeling because of how well they managed to do this year... but it feels like they are ignoring the fact that, well, so did everybody else. So it's like I get them, but I also don't. I feel like they should approached the situation with a bit more tact than this, but I also see why they might be too frustrated and are just reacting. So I'm just like eh.... eh.

Everyone got too much tact in kpop

We need more people who spill

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If we're being objective, GIDLE couldn't make a better year and won nothing, it's honestly a shame

Now, blaming IVE would be stupid, they are just receiving the award

don't blame the players, blame the game

• Nothing they said or did points towards Ive. I mean, you could say the things they did equally apply to BTS, LYW and NCT on that basis.

It just seems to be general frustration at Award season, nothing more.

Aint like they taking shots at other acts.

• They have every right to be dissapointed. I still think if they release Nxde like a month earlier, they have a much better shot at AOTY cause now basically only the Tomboy comeback counted. I do believe they'll either win one this award season but 100% next year they're getting some. Their success ain't gonna fade away

• I think they are just frustrated thinking that this is their only chance at winning major year end awards...I doubt they can make a bigger song than tomboy

• They have every right to be dissapointed. I still think if they release Nxde like a month earlier, they have a much better shot at AOTY cause now basically only the Tomboy comeback counted. I do believe they'll either win one this award season but 100% next year they're getting some. Their success ain't gonna fade away

doubt they were gonna give AOTY to anybody but BTS, IVE were first in prediction without judges and they didn't win, Gidle was pretty far off, they were like 9 on prediction list, Nxde a month earlier wouldn't change much

External Content twitter.com

Yeah like they did amazing but they need to have a little humility as well, its not like Ive didn't deserve the award, they did amazing too

• Everyone got too much tact in kpop

We need more people who spill

I mean tact because her saying stuff like that is causing many of her fans to unnecessaily attack IVE. Even if she isn't intentionally attacking IVE or has no ill feelings toward them her comment indirectly refers to them since they are the group that won and that's how her fans will perceive it. Because seriously speaking, yes, they did well, but what other award was she expecting to receive here? Honestly speaking, everyone who won an award (BTS, IVE, BLACKPINK etc) all did better than them.

edit: I only feel sorry for them because I would feel up set too if I had such an amazing year and got nothing to show for it. But I just don't see the sense in behaving as if you were robbed when you weren't. The competition did in fact outdo them. It sucks, but that's just how it is. In their position I guess it's hard to accept a loss like this gracefully but what else did they expect the award shows to do?

New Jeans for all their success didn't even receive a made up award and you don't see them acting like this.

• New Jeans for all their success didn't even receive a made up award and you don't see them acting like this.

To be perfectly fair, when have any rookies ever acted in any way that's not bog standard default?

How you are as a rookie isn't how you are as a person, dozens of idols have talked about that.

When you're older and freer, you give less fucks. Just look at how basically every old SM act treats Kwangya.

• To be perfectly fair, when have any rookies ever acted in any way that's not bog standard default?

How you are as a rookie isn't how you are as a person, dozens of idols have talked about that.

When you're older and freer, you give less fucks. Just look at how basically every old SM act treats Kwangya.

Just because they are rookie's doesn't mean they couldn't have expressed their desires to win ROTY award or express their sadness at not receiving an award. Lesserafim were rookies and openly expressed their desires for example topping billboard charts. It's about having tact.

• Just because they are rookie's doesn't mean they couldn't have expressed their desires to win ROTY award or express their sadness at not receiving an award. Lesserafim were rookies and openly expressed their desires for example topping billboard charts. It's about having tact.

My guy or girl, tact is such a nebulous worthless thing. Especially in this industry where the barest of things gets spun into a fucking hail storm.

Fans fight over shit like lightstick colors. Tact or not, some fans from one side or another would have stirred shit.

Nothing she said or did referenced IVE, it was purely MAMA. And why are her fans attacking IVE regardless? Cause they're kpop stans. They'd attack IVE if they wore the same outfit she did a week ago.

• New Jeans for all their success didn't even receive a made up award and you don't see them acting like this.

lol NJ girlies are 15yo, imagine them acting like this

Anyway, keep in mind Soyeon's verse was written as an addition to MY BAG which doesn't have a Soyeon verse originally. And MY BAG is all about flexing. It's an ego trip, in the traditional self boasting way of rap lyricism. All she said is she came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and she's all out of bubble gum. It can be interpreted as they won't settle for a minor award, they'll come back later for the real thing.

To put it shortly, it's not about IVE in any way.

• lol NJ girlies are 15yo, imagine them acting like this

Anyway, keep in mind Soyeon's verse was written as an addition to MY BAG which doesn't have a Soyeon verse originally. And MY BAG is all about flexing. It's an ego trip, in the traditional self boasting way of rap lyricism. All she said is she came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and she's all out of bubble gum. It can be interpreted as they won't settle for a minor award, they'll come back later for the real thing.

To put it shortly, it's not about IVE in any way.

Only Hyein is like 15 years old. The rest of New Jeans are about the same ages as IVE (which many here seem to forget) which makes this whole thing even more tactless on Idle's side since they are all full grown women in their 20s.

And yes, it's not about IVE, not personally. But as I said, because of a lack of tact their actions indirectly affect IVE since they are the ones who won the award G-idle is implying they were robbed of. Which is the point of what I was saying, something that other user above keeps ignoring while they continue to blabber on and on about how Kpop is some kind of animal kingdom, as if that's suppose to excuse having distateful behavior and everyone is just suppose to cheer for it or something.

There are better ways to respond in these sort of situation, but sure, if you only care about being egotistical and not showing any humilty then don't be surprised when people react as if you're just egotistical and lacking humility. :pepefacepalm:

• Only Hyein is like 15 years old. The rest of New Jeans are about the same ages as IVE (which many here seem to forget) which makes this whole thing even more tactless on Idle's side since they are all full grown women in their 20s.

And yes, it's not about IVE, not personally. But as I said, because of a lack of tact their actions indirectly affect IVE since they are the ones who won the award G-idle is implying they were robbed of. Which is the point of what I was saying, something that other user above keeps ignoring while they continue to blabber on and on about how Kpop is some kind of animal kingdom, as if that's suppose to excuse having distateful behavior and everyone is just suppose to cheer for it or something.

There are better ways to respond in these sort of situation, but sure, if you only care about being egotistically and not showing any humilty then don't be surprised when people react as if your just egotistical and lacking humility. :pepefacepalm:

That was the reason why I made the thread. It’s like a passive aggressive way to say Ive didn’t deserve the awards they received and to blame awards shows for it

• Only Hyein is like 15 years old. The rest of New Jeans are about the same ages as IVE (which many here seem to forget) which makes this whole thing even more tactless on Idle's side since they are all full grown women in their 20s.

There are better ways to respond in these sort of situation, but sure, if you only care about being egotistically and not showing any humilty then don't be surprised when people react as if your just egotistical and lacking humility. :pepefacepalm:

I know all members are not 15yo, I was merely speaking with an hyperbole. 15yo or not, they debuted no sooner than three months ago, so for all intents and purposes they're still basically babies as idols. That's what I tried to emphasize.

Then, I'm sorry but (g)i-dle can't be responsible for all the nonsensical ways their words are interpreted. It's time to stop blaming idols for things they DIDN'T say. (G)I-DLE said nothing about IVE, nothing about the Song of year award; so rather than calling out the members for what some idiotic fans might say or do, perhaps we should call out those idiotic fans instead.

• But that's your problem. They did not specify IVE's award. People like OP are pointing it at IVE. They didn't say Song of the Year. The only thing they pointed at is Daesang.

Fans have decided that means IVE and not the several other Daesangs I-dle was also nominated for.

That's entirely building a narrative from nothing.

I aint seeing any threads about I-dle having beef with BTS or NCT or LYW. Even though their comments would be equally as applicable to them if they had a problem with another winner.

• Just asking based off recent events from MMA and MAMA and openly voicing their displeasure. Do they think they deserve the awards more than them?

Ive Stans -

External Content twitter.com

• Honestly, all this could be solved with one of my original proposals- to have award shows stop being so beholden to data like charts, sales, and fan votes. Like stop making these the metrics and just do what reputable award shows like the Grammys or Oscars do - have people in the industry VOTE like grownups. Sure, popularity in terms of Billboard/box office numbers matter, but in the end, the folks voting on these awards can still override the popular vote by choosing an act or a song or a movie they deem to be superior.

These awards are called "best female group" or "artist of the year", not the "most successful artist of the year" or "best selling album of the year". There is nothing in their titles that presumes that the person or song being recognized needs to be popular or successful to be selected. It's really weird for these award shows to limit their own freedom in choosing award winners like this, though i suspect there's a good reason for it (probably to encourage fans to spend money buying albums, downloading, streaming, and voting on apps, with the full support of the labels who all benefit from this).

So best compromise would be to have some basic thresholds for success/popularity to be a nominee for awards. For example, getting at least 100M Gaon points, or 10 weeks in the top 10 or 20 or 50 of Melon, or 100k in sales of an album. Then choose a winner from among the pool of eligible nominees that meet these criteria.

• Honestly, all this could be solved with one of my original proposals- to have award shows stop being so beholden to data like charts, sales, and fan votes. Like stop making these the metrics and just do what reputable award shows like the Grammys or Oscars do - have people in the industry VOTE like grownups. Sure, popularity in terms of Billboard/box office numbers matter, but in the end, the folks voting on these awards can still override the popular vote by choosing an act or a song or a movie they deem to be superior.

These awards are called "best female group" or "artist of the year", not the "most successful artist of the year" or "best selling album of the year". There is nothing in their titles that presumes that the person or song being recognized needs to be popular or successful to be selected. It's really weird for these award shows to limit their own freedom in choosing award winners like this, though i suspect there's a good reason for it (probably to encourage fans to spend money buying albums, downloading, streaming, and voting on apps, with the full support of the labels who all benefit from this).

So best compromise would be to have some basic thresholds for success/popularity to be a nominee for awards. For example, getting at least 100M Gaon points, or 10 weeks in the top 10 or 20 or 50 of Melon, or 100k in sales of an album. Then choose a winner from among the pool of eligible nominees that meet these criteria.

I agree, and that's what I defended elsewhere. The problem I see is, ceremony organizers want the clout brought by the most successful artists. And they don't want to rise the biggest fandoms against them. That's why they mostly go with metrics of success and barely stray away from them. It's easier this way.

I agree it would be more interesting to have awards decided by a mix of objective popularity (charts, sales, etc) and the opinion of music professionals. Things would be more uncertain, more suspenseful.

Imagine if the movie awards worked the same way as music awards, with the Best Picture award being granted to the latest Avengers or Star Wars based on box office and metacritic user scores. That would be the lamest shit ever.

• NCT did get dragged for Genie literally everywhere and there are some people questioning BTS. But for the most part fandoms are too scared to mess with Armys and BTS and LYW stans are also kind of crazy. IVE has always been the easier target, especially because they are another girl group.

• All the people saying Gidle was shading MAMA.

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

Why would they shade MAMA unless they think they did better than BTS and IVE who won based on criteria like sales impact etc, there is absolutely no reason to shade MAMA.

I mean it’s completely ok for them to think they’re better than those groups. But let’s not pretend like as if this has nothing to do with IVE. That’s hilariously obtuse. And makes zero sense.

It’s not like as if Nugus are winning over them for them to be shading the award show. This year is probably the most fair distribution of daesang it’s been in a while. There really is nothing that has the combination of Korean digitals, sales and international charting like Love dive.

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!