What does IVE have that GUGUDAN, Weki Meki, PRISTIN,DIA didn't have?

• They have Wonyoung and Yujin. Wonyoung is hugely popular in IZ*ONE and was already considered to be a semi IT girl. I mean girl took over Yoona as Innisfree's muse that is just 1 of it. Yujin is also really popular and many people know her because of her MC gigs as well.

Not just that, they put both of them in a group of talented individuals that could also capture the audience attention so that it wasn't just Wonyoung+Yujin and the girls. If people are watching the group just for those 2 the group probably do as well.

I know this isn't the best way to determine the popularity and that also different fancams varies in views, but lets just take a look at this

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/146299/

pasted-from-clipboard.png

In fact, Wonyoung/Yujin aren't the ones with the highest fancam views. Yes Wonyoung especially have more views than the rest in other fancam performances but from this itself you can see that the GP is interested in not just Wonyoung+Yujin but also in the group as a whole and the other members. Maybe only Gaeul is getting less recognition (which really is a waste because she so beautiful and talented as well I hope she gets more lines and recognition in their comeback)

Having 6 members is great because it doesn't make it such that some members are forgotten. Those groups you mentioned had I think 8 members at least?

And of course, the song itself is a such bop.

:pepemusic::pepemusic::pepemusic::pepemusic:

• I would guess PRISTIN was financially unsustainable.

They were a huge group with a massive resource cost.

And I don't think they pulled in enough income to keep it going long term.

I loved that group.

And their disbandment along with Nayoung's exit from kpop was one of the saddest parts of my kpop experience. She is my 3rd ultimate bias, so it hit my stanning pretty hard. The whole thing was such a sad thing.

pristin-nayoung-gif-candid-vlive-170607-1093100-1097100-0720-0360-08-20.gif

• I think the group just have an identity, when the picture was released, people said they all have this model-like aura, and their music also capture that and it’s pretty unique too. Groups like Gugudan, Dia it’s very hard for you to pinpoint what’s unique or the identity of the group, and groups like that will not be sustainable in the long run.

• but so does weki meki and gugudan. weme have yoojung (3rd place) and sejeong (2nd gen) and both were extremely popular and viral during their PD era. Doyeon, Chaeyeon and Pinky were considered as the holy trinity during their IOI days

• I think the group just have an identity, when the picture was released, people said they all have this model-like aura, and their music also capture that and it’s pretty unique too. Groups like Gugudan, Dia it’s very hard for you to pinpoint what’s unique or the identity of the group, and groups like that will not be sustainable in the long run.

okay this kinda make sense!

• There were a lot of problems with these groups. Some are mentioned above but IMO most of the post I.O.I groups also had bad debuts. Wonderland, Wee Woo and that girlfriend song Weki Meki released weren’t good at all. In Gugudan’s case the styling also was a tragedy. IVE released and great catchy song, with a great music video and they looked fantastic.

• but so does weki meki and gugudan. weme have yoojung (3rd place) and sejeong (2nd gen) and both were extremely popular and viral during their PD era. Doyeon, Chaeyeon and Pinky were considered as the holy trinity during their IOI days

That's the thing it felt very a lot like I.O.I members and friends, whereas for IVE the other members are also getting popular and it isnt just Wonyoung+Yujin and friends.

Starship selected a bunch of girls that wont be heavily overshadowed and hence it worked well as a group.

Also, Starship probsbly had a lot planned for IVE to make it happen. They probzbly already planned the debut and how they want things to go since IZ*ONE was formed. They did not want to let go of Wonyoung and Yujin because they had a clear path on how they want to make their NGG succeed

• A good concept, debut song And their companies waiting to debut them unlike the IOI members labels pushing their girl groups when IOI was still hot apart from Pristin.

But Gugudan started out strong though. Even their sh.tty debut song charted high on Melon for a post IOI produce act especially their album sales. If jellyfish gave them a better debut song they would’ve done really well. They had a lot of hype. It sucks to think about since they’re all very talented.

And what’s so freaking weird is that this is the same label that created Vixx. Like it’s crazy to think they couldn’t come up with a better concept and sound for Gugudan.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited 4 times, last by Park_Oppa ().

Jellyfish fumbled Gugudans concept, Kentz hated everything about their debut especially their outfits. Fantagio should have downsized Weki Meki, they don’t have a long history of successful groups and should have kept the group around 5 members.

Pristins biggest problems was that Pledis was pushing them to be a self composed group when they weren’t ready for it, they got away with it for their debut thanks to hype but we like really showed they weren’t ready. Also Pristin had a pretty horrible fan base. If you have seen the clips on how Kyla was treated during performances that should tell you everything.

• There were a lot of problems with these groups. Some are mentioned above but IMO most of the post I.O.I groups also had bad debuts. Wonderland, Wee Woo and that girlfriend song Weki Meki released weren’t good at all. In Gugudan’s case the styling also was a tragedy. IVE released and great catchy song, with a great music video and they looked fantastic.

This. It's not that IVE has a specific popular member... these other groups had other really popular members.

IVE has a stronger debut song that even people who don't gaf about the Produce shows still liked "Eleven." I like WeMe, but their debut relied WAY too heavily on "we have ex Produce members!" rather than having indisputably good music. People seem to have forgotten how divisive Pristin's debut was, and Gugudan's debut wasn't bad, but it was very forgettable and you can track that with how they lost interest with every comeback.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Why are some acting like post ioi groups didn't have popular members? Members who still find gigs individually? Yes wonyoung and yujin brought their fanbase and exposure. Yes wonyoung is the biggest 4th gen female idol in sk.We can't deny this and it's imapct.

But what people are missing is that ive as a group is getting popular and eleven as a song has gained interest. It's not wonyoung + yujin and friends. All the girls r gaining fans and popularity. Starship did a great job finding members that will make the group complete and the song is liked. The ioi groups never made wave with their song that made them gain interest I feel.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think the timing is part of it. Within a year of most post-I.O.I groups debuting, you had Produce 48 going and the wave was shifting from one group to the next. After the rigging scandal, there just wasn't anything to cut into that hype. After the rigging scandal, the hype for GP999 just wasn't the same.

I've seen a lot of people talk about how X1's disbandment has helped late 3rd gen and 4th gen boy groups move into that space to be dominate, but no one ever really considers it for girl groups. Had there been no scandal, we'd have the third female Produce group debuted by the time IZ*ONE disbanded and we wouldn't be left with a mini power vacuum.

• well ive happened after izone disbanded, gugudan debuted while ioi was supposed to be active, which kinda bothered ioi fans. Also starship looked for members that complemented the 2 izone members and took time to introduce them. Gugudan debut got a lot of attention but it was a bad song and kinda cheap MV, which killed the hype.

With DIA, the company insisted on making everything about Chaeyeon, so you literally couldn't see the other members. Even so, they had some success.

Pristin had the most potential but the company gave up on them fast for some reason.

Weki meki was the last to debut and after all the other groups, I don't think IOI fans had much hope for them.

This is what I remember at least.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!