The Problem With 4th Gen Girl Groups

• Youtube User Chaennie Lisoo made a video about the elephant in the room when it comes to new girl groups that have debuted in the last 2 years.

What are your thoughts on their video?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A mafia concept sounds great lol

3ye already did that

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• i could not have agreed more.

i know many new kpop fans also find these points very accurate representing the generation of groups after ioi's disbandment. cherry bullet, weki meki, dia, gugudan, pristin (now i know some have disbanded, but still counting them in this) are groups that i have noticed newer fans can't separate from each other.

i feel that the same feeling i've heard from them (newer kfans) is similar to what i am feeling about these recently debuted gg

• Generally I agree with her but all of her point are also counts for the other Generation

First of all there to many group in the 4th Generation yeas but also in other Kpop Generation

The Girl Crush Concept is over use true but guess what was over use in the 2nd Generation........

The Cute Girl concept. Of course the company try the concept that are in trending.

Is always like this that there are to many group that blend in and don't stand out but in every generation there is always groups that are standing out.

• Imagine a K-gangsta rap

i can imagine

External Content www.youtube.com

top 10 rappers eminem was too afraid to diss

• We can do the same video with 3th Gen GG too you know ... People complain about lack of originality in concept, but get interested in always same concept.

And like that's youtube comment say on this video :

eclown il y a 1 mois
    i wish people talked about how boy groups do this too, like everyone ragging on girl groups doing edm when most 4th boy groups do the exact same thing

It's the same for Boys Group.

The 4th generation seems more repetitive because there are a lot more companies and a lot more groups on the market. The competition is fiercer than before that's the only difference.

• cute is the most overused gg concept in all of kpop, if you look over the years.

girl crush only got popular fairly recently. and the sexy concept is dead.

but then there's also mature concept.

• Yea, but there was still a lot more variation and the variation was more noticeable and easier to distinguish, because there wasn’t nearly as many groups debuting a year. Now almost every week someone new is debuting. It’s overwhelming and it becomes harder to pin point unique enough differences to choose a star. Same issue with 4th Gen boy groups.

• 2nd gen - cute concept overly used, followed by sexy

3rd gen - cute concept overly used, followed by girl crush

4th gen - girl crush concept overly used, followed by ???

The point is that this happens every generation yet some fans pretend like it's the first time it's happened. I wish the same criticism was held for boy groups who consistently repeat the same concepts. IMO, boy groups with similar concepts are far more oversaturated than girl groups.

Lastly, I love that people always claim this but never have any suggestions of concepts that haven't been done before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!