Notice how most the people saying minors shouldn’t debut in kpop are adults

• Notice how most the people saying minors shouldn’t debut in kpop are adults? Is it only an issue because the fans are getting older?

They act like this is a new big problem, when in reality its been going on for generations. Take BoA and Taemin for example. It doesn’t make them any different from New Jeans or Class:y members.

No matter what your opinion is on whether idol’s should debut or not if they are young, I can’t be the only one who has noticed this coincidence.

Now what is my opinion on minors debuting? I’m not against it, I would be hypocritical if I was considering some of the groups I stan. However the company must protect the idols to the best of their ability.

It is also the fan’s responsibility to be respectful. I had to report a YouTube channel the other day because it was dedicated to videos about Boeun (of Class:y)’s butt. Truly disgusting!!

• I don't think BoA and Taemin make a great case for letting companies debut minors as they are both suffering from mental health problems.

Minors have restricted labor laws everywhere. They can work up to 15 hours a week not more. Do you think kpop minors only work 15 hours a week? Nop companies make them work 15 hours a day.

Unless there is more protection for minors, as it is they are being exploited

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Of course it's been a problem, that's why people are saying it was wrong then and it's wrong now. We can't change the past and just because it happened in the past, doesn't mean that people should just accept it.

Hyuna was extremely sexualized as a 14 year old child. That wasn't okay then, but are we supposed to just say "well it happened before so we can't do anything about it"?

I also don't get the point you're making about adults saying minors shouldn't debut... that's like saying it's only adults making laws that kids can't work in factories or drink alcohol or the only people teaching kids in schools are adults. Of course that's how it is... it's generally the job of adults to protect children.

• Maybe because a lot of us have been preyed on when we were their age and we see how some of our own adult peers now are towards teens and know how cruel the world can be

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• I think it's an industry and worldwide problem. Kpop companies see how popular children are from things like disney channel, stranger things, nickelodeon, percy jackson, harry potter, kidz bop, the akb48 graduating system and it goes on. As long as kpop companies see these global industries using kids for profit, they're gonna keep debuting them because they know that famous children = teen interest, and a bonus is adults tuning in to them (no matter how much they want to deny it). To get rid of kids debuting you have to boycott everything, that means ALL kpop groups with minors becuase I've seen some of you guys only use this logic for newjeans. That means Ive, newjeans, nmixx, classy, lightsum, enhypen, kep1er and any new young idols that debut. You also have to boycott hollywood that also takes advantage of minors because people underestimate how much kpop companies look for trends in the west for their own groups. Then you have to tackle graduating systems. Trust me, the only way for the issue of minors debuting in kpop to stop if there is a global campaign against minors working in entertainment and that's a lot of work. And at the moment that campaign doesn't exist so the only thing we CAN do for now is try our best to create a less toxic environment for minors in kpop and that involves creating a space that pedos can't roam free. Trust me, if kpop fans can take down a trump rally, have the power to trend absolutely anything they want, get people fired and manage to investigate and find everything about people involved in the idol industry, they can and should be able to take down a bunch of pedos. But we're all still stuck on the topic of crop tops.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• just because it's was done before doesn't mean it needs to be done again and times have changed and views about certain topics have changed as well. Maybe Kpop going global is another reason as why there is more awareness about certain things and protection for minors is one of those. Personally it would be better if no girls younger than 17 debut yet Kpop is a hard industry to be in such young age.

• The only opinions I'd like to hear is from those who debuted as idols at a young age and experienced this life. I'd like to know from these people what they think of debuting at age 14, 15 or 16. Would they do it again if they were offered to go back in time and start over? I suspect they would; and if so, it would be interesting to hear it from them.

Everything else is just pointless talk.

• the exploitation of minors int he entertainment industry has always been a problem and always will be... its not just about fans getting "older". maybe more aware of the issue. but so many people that grew up in the entertainment industry were subjected to nasty shit and have mental issues later in life bc of it

who's your favorite artist?

• The only opinions I'd like to hear is from those who debuted as idols at a young age and experienced this life. I'd like to know from these people what they think of debuting at age 14, 15 or 16. Would they do it again if they were offered to go back in time and start over?

Everything else is just pointless talk.

there have been some ex trainees or ex idols that have addressed that though they wished they didn't debut as young

• we've also gotten used to idols being older at debut in the 3rd generation so 4th gen feels like a step backwards

a lot of 2nd gen idols debuted quite young indeed but 3rd gen was changing that quite fast

it feels like a reset

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Is this supposed to an epiphany? In fact, the "coincidence" you pointed out is the very reason why we see more adults speak about it than minors. Because of course we would realize and understand certain issues more as we mature and grow older; things that we might not understand the gravity and importance of to speak about when we were younger. It'd more concerning if people understand things more as adults yet choose to stay silent and not protect the minors like they once were.

• as an adult i dont think teenagers shouldnt be in kpop groups but there needs to be more strictness about their work. An association for minors in kpop which makes sure their songs and concepts are appropiate and they are not overworked and forced to diet. And more involvement from parents who have to approve the work they are doing because companies will not care about the idols

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!