What I noticed comparing aespa and Ive's debut

• aespa at debut had all eyes on them which technically is good, but they received so much hate, people spread nasty rumors about them, strongly criticized their looks even going to the low point of using their childhood pictures to talk shit about them, they laughed when BM didnt do well, BM received the worst reception out of all 4th gen songs in SK, etc. Then Next Level happened and bam, they like doubled the size of their fandom.

But with Ive, even though they also had huge hype, their debut was far more well received, and while the hate they are getting is nowhere near the hate aespa received, so many people want to downplay or question their success, i already lost count of the type of comments Ive seen like this, like they are only doing well because of the former izone members, which is stupid because it might have been responsible for attracting attention to them but that alone would never translate to the success that their debut was. or that Starship might be paying spotify and melon so they can chart which makes even less sense, because if that was the case they would have done the same for WJSN, Monsta X and Cravity. Now I lost count of how many people already expect Ive to do worse on their first cb because of "pd curse" and that "their initial hype will fade because people only checked them for WY and YJ".

So i guess this is how it works:

If a group comes from big3, people expect them to exceed at everything, they will nitpick ANYTHING just to criticize the group from visuals to skills etc, and if they do poorly on charts even if its better than average they become target of hate and jokes, such as we've seen happen to nct (not anymore), treasure, etc.

But for nonbig3 group it's the opposite, if they manage to achieve strong success people look like they hope for their downfall, downplay their success or even go to the point of accusing them of sajaegi and such. Most obvious case ig it's bts, but theres also sistar that was accused of sajaegi. Im sure theres other examples but my mind is blank rn.

Kpop stans are elitist asf

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• How would starship be buying the streams for ive in literally everything? Just accept the fact they are smashing and deal with it. It's nice to have some sane competition in the charts.

IVE just did it and it's a fact they destroyed aespa WW in Spotify and AM

Aespa strongest point is Korea and Asia but they are lacking so much with the streams WW I hope they rise because I love them.

SM artists always gets hated when they debut specially ggs so it's nothing new and the concept was totally different and new so it was totally expected they would have a mixed response. Still their debut was way less hated than SNSD and RV just to name an example.

It sucks what happened with ningning though pretty sure they are going to be shelved for a while after all dies down to make the comeback. The fact that they are not active on bubble clearly shows that.

I hope they Smash again when they comeback and SM finally let them sing live

• Some Kpop fans are indeed elitist and too competitive. Why do they even care about how groups that they don't even stan are doing ? They like to set very high expectations form some groups and call flops idols who are rolling in cash while some of them haven't even worked once in their life. It's so ridiculous.

8zf-yB.gif   

• Agreed but we can’t deny that ive popularity/big hype does came from 2 izone member. Just look at how other izone member doing debut as soloist, they sold unexpected high physical album. But ive skyrocketed their popularity thank to their song went viral. And the song is good too. Let’s see izone final boss member debut. Their debut will definitly going to be huge too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!