Most To Least Toxic Fandom Rankings

• Hello! I'm going to need to ask a favor of you guys, and that is to be brave. No matter where you rank what fandoms, I won't care, and I expect brutal honesty from everyone of what their opinion is. Obviously don't say anything that will get you reported or something like that, but don't be afraid to be honest. I won't care if you rank any fandoms low or high, whether or not I'm in them.

Don't just go based off of the users here. Include EVERYONE from Twitter to YouTube to Reddit to Facebook to Instagram and here and so on. Also, this will require you generalizing fandoms to some degree, I am aware of that. I personally am not a huge fan of generalizations, but here is the thing: no fandom is perfect. Some fandoms are mostly positive with very little toxicity, other are very toxic and very few levelheaded people. It all depends.

Also, don't take things here out on the group. No one can control their fandom. Even telling their fans to behave, while very kind and noble, ultimately does little to nothing in reality, at least in most cases. Another thing I should mention is that everyone may have slightly different definitions and perceptions of toxicity. In addition, different people may see different sides of different fandoms from each other. It happens. Try to be as objective as you think you can, while still being honest. You can rank any fandom, even ones you aren't a part of, as long as you feel you have observed them long enough to do so accurately. One more distinction to make is we're ranking fandoms, not the groups, so please keep them separate in your head and in your ranking.

Here are some factors you can consider when ranking the fandoms:

* Has the fandom ever sent threats to other fans/idols?

* Do the fans hold the idols accountable when they mess up?

* Does the fandom pit fans against each other or shame other fans of the same group?

* Does the fandom often start and/or participate in fanwars?

* Does the non-toxic side of the fandom call out the toxic side of the fandom, or do they just ignore them?

* Do the fans take the idols seriously when they make a reasonable request (like not to be hurt at airports)?

* Do you think the idols themselves are secretly embarrassed with the fandom?

* Do you think they have so many solo stans and akgaes to the point where it is an actual problem?

Lastly, you can rank as many or as few fandoms as you want and give as much or as little explanation as you'd like to. Here is my very small ranking to those who are curious:

The inspiration for this thread came from this video that I saw on YouTube and found it interesting to watch (I disagreed with them on a few rankings though). The premise was interesting to me and even though I would have ranked some of them differently, it was fun to watch (for me):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I look forward to seeing which fandoms you rank where (and why as well if you'd like to discuss that). Be respectful and mature. If I catch you fighting with other users, I'll need to report people, and I really don't want to do that. Have a great day/night!

• I'll go with the most toxic/least toxic ones I experienced in each generation

2nd gen

YG stans were the worst, least would be Banas, they were like the carats of that generation.

3rd gen

Since they're still active, I'd say Armys and Blinks are kinda equal currently as the most toxic, least I already said above are Carats.

4th gen

Stays are the most toxic, I can't think of anyone as the least toxic, they all are no better than the other

• That's actually a really smart idea! Feel free and make that a thread if you'd like to (I mean that in a good way). Wait, which group were Banas fans of? I don't think I heard that fandom name before.

Fair enough. Yeah, the Carats I have seen have been pretty chill (except for Darling being so divisive, I'll never forgive them for that). Once again, I have to agree, Stays are pretty toxic and I really hope they clean up their act soon, because the kids really do deserve a better fandom.

• That's actually a really smart idea! Feel free and make that a thread if you'd like to (I mean that in a good way). Wait, which group were Banas fans of? I don't think I heard that fandom name before.

Fair enough. Yeah, the Carats I have seen have been pretty chill (except for Darling being so divisive, I'll never forgive them for that). Once again, I have to agree, Stays are pretty toxic and I really hope they clean up their act soon, because the kids really do deserve a better fandom.

Nah, I've been making assignment all day, my head is too empty to make a thread.

Banas are the fandom of b1a4, they were not big but not nugu either. I don't know in which generation Starlights would fit in but they were a chill fandom too. Back then when Vixx's members used to make fun of N's skintone, fandom really took it in their hands and made it a big deal which gained my respect considering most fandoms used to brush this off by saying cultural differences.

• Nah, I've been making assignment all day, my head is too empty to make a thread.

Banas are the fandom of b1a4, they were not big but not nugu either. I don't know in which generation Starlights would fit in but they were a chill fandom too. Back then when Vixx's members used to make fun of N's skintone, fandom really took it in their hands and made it a big deal which gained my respect considering most fandoms used to brush this off by saying cultural differences.

That's completely fine. I hope you feel better soon!

Oh, I have heard of the group a few times in passing before. That warmed my heart, they seem like a good fandom!

• Most toxic: armies, blinks, wall>>>> onces> exols> mys> midzy> carat> stays>

Least: Reveluvs, maybe Shawol and moa :melon_think:

mys are more toxic then stays ? :pepe-magnify: also what about engenes :melon_think: didnt their whole fandom have a scandal with the way they handled their members n word scandle?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• mys are more toxic then stays ? :pepe-magnify: also what about engenes :melon_think: didnt their whole fandom have a scandal with the way they handled their members n word scandle?

on akp yes they are. about engenes they mind their own business most of the time on twitter, on akp there's not enough engenes to tell

• on akp yes they are. about engenes they mind their own business most of the time on twitter, on akp there's not enough engenes to tell

OP is talking about overall not just on AKP, otherwise this would turn into a call out thread on certain users :pepe-peek:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• 2nd gen : YG Stans

3rd gen : Armys, EXOL, Blinks these three were by far the worst

4the gen : MYs and they currently don’t have any competition.

There are no good fandoms only less popular groups or less popular groups on international platforms.

• OP is talking about overall not just on AKP, otherwise this would turn into a call out thread on certain users :pepe-peek:

Thank you for this and for understanding my intentions. That is what I had meant and intended. Sorry it got buried in there with a huge wall of text. That was why I said to include other websites. I didn't want this to become one huge fight that everyone took way too personally.

• The most toxic where? Because it depends on social networks the toxicity is not the same on twitter, instagram and youtube for example. Overall I think it's the biggest fandoms anyway.

SM stan, Blinks, Army

Sorry. I meant overall, averaged across many different platforms, like all of the ones you mentioned. I think I said that in the post, but since that was a literal huge wall of text and a lot to read, I don't blame people if they missed it at all.

• For me I am gonna go by generation

TVXQ Stans (Cassiopeia) in Second Gen WERE THE MOST TOXIC at our peak during SM lawsuits and the split, are kinda chill now.

Wonder Girls Stans (Wonderfuls) were most chill as were Candies (Orange Caramel's fandom).

3rd Gen...

I love Blackpink and BTS but Army and Blinks are honestly some of the most toxic fandoms. BAP's fandom (BABY, which I am also part of) are ermm.... well... we have had some very interesting toxic arguments amongst ourselves the last few years.

Most chill is CARATS, Insomnia or Merry-Go-Round, all of which I am part of too.

4th gen.... all the fandoms are pretty darn peaceful so far it is lovely :lover1:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Choice (A.C.E)

* Has the fandom ever sent threats to other fans/idols? NO

* Do the fans hold the idols accountable when they mess up? NO

* Does the fandom pit fans against each other or shame other fans of the same group? NO

* Does the fandom often start and/or participate in fanwars? NO

* Does the non-toxic side of the fandom call out the toxic side of the fandom, or do they just ignore them? There are almost no toxic fans so why should they even try to pretend that there were toxic fans?

* Do the fans take the idols seriously when they make a reasonable request (like not to be hurt at airports)? I think yeah

* Do you think the idols themselves are secretly embarrassed with the fandom? No

* Do you think they have so many solo stans and akgaes to the point where it is an actual problem? No, almost all people like the entire group equaly

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Y'all do be kinda chilling by yourselves vibing and I live for it :mesmerized-bee:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I'm glad so many Choice's seem to be pretty peaceful (based off of what you said anyway, I don't actually see very many Choices).

• Ranked by most toxic (10) to least toxic (0), the groups I stan:

• This actually seems like a very fair and pretty great ranking! Good job!

• This actually seems like a very fair and pretty great ranking! Good job!

Thats just the KPop-list but if I would do one for JPop, than almost nobody would be higher than a 1 since the only few things some JPop-fandoms cry about is 1) when people compare them with KPop and than get to see some stupid coments of people who have no idea about JPop 2) The one dumb person without any knowledge of JPop tries to get someone into the group by writting some crap (example: some people try to get others into JO1 by writting useless stuff like "They belong to CJ,E&M/Mnet" and think this would convince a KPop-stan to get into JPop...)

• Thats just the KPop-list but if I would do one for JPop, than almost nobody would be higher than a 1 since the only few things some JPop-fandoms cry about is 1) when people compare them with KPop and than get to see some stupid coments of people who have no idea about JPop 2) The one dumb person without any knowledge of JPop tries to get someone into the group by writting some crap (example: some people try to get others into JO1 by writting useless stuff like "They belong to CJ,E&M/Mnet" and think this would convince a KPop-stan to get into JPop...)

I didn't know all this. Woah, that is a lot to take in. I do understand why those two things could be interpreted the wrong way though, even if people's intentions when posting them were good.

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!