is it actually anti lesserafim or is it just anti hybe?

• the lesserafim nitpicking has been so crazy to me and it just feels so weird. but i wonder if its all just a part of the "anti hybe" sentiment that netizens can't seem to let go of. between "hybe is mismanaging their groups" "hybe is focusing on useless things" "hybe is trying to become a monopoly" "hybe is obsessed with nose jobs" and whatever other narrative people decide to push on any given day, it feels like the hybe negativity is trickling down to there groups for almost no apparent thing. EVERYTHING lesserafim has released has been picked apart for like no good reason? i consider myself not so biased even though i do like them so far but i don't see any glaring problems with the quality or the concept which everyone keeps going on and on about. its just so weird to me!

who's your favorite artist?

• A lot of people are so used to the Big 3 status quo, that the idea of HYBE even being on similar levels to it let alone overcoming it (which they did) gets people triggered

Now there’s gonna be a whole girl group (well 1st of many that’s coming) coming from them, despite how BigHit avoided it since GLAM, & we all know they’re gonna be huge to one extent or another, so that’s gonna get people more bitter

Also they’re a girl group in general, people like being misogynistic

• its because they are a gg

knetz appreciate ggs but also hate on them

its better than being forever ignored like bgs

But knetz can't even just ignore bg's existence like they do their music. They always have to go on about how ugly male idols are and how their music sounds the same and they all look stupid and blah blah blah. You'd think with the amount of opinions they give about bg's that it would at least translate into chart success but no ;(

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Isn't this the same thing that happens with every big company?

• it's because it's a girl group.

if it was against hybe then txt and enhypen would have faced the same backlash too but no one said anything about them aside from making fun of their charting.

this isn't really true tho. people definitely went in on txt and enhypens looks similar to the recent thing about lesserafim's video today about how they look "different to their pics and are ugly". also the anti hybe sentiment has never been as bad as it is now. txt debuted before hybe was a thing. and enhypen was a survival show group so they slipped under a lot of radars at the time bc people didnt care about survival shows anymore.

The fact that I see more people call LSRM defenders as "Hybe stans" instead of "LSRM stans" or even "ex Wiz*Ones" kinda says it all.....

very true. everyone is a hybe stan these days. i'm not stanning lesserafim just bc im an army and they're tangentilly related to bh. im stanning bc i've been waiting for yunjin to debut since pd48 tyvm

• also I don't see how being anti corporation is a bad thing, literally fuck hybe, sm, and jyp + yg for good measure

idk, i think for me its just very strange to hate everything a company does...just bc. you're not an activist bc you criticize kpop companies online lol. it would be more productive to point out the things that are legitimate problems and focus on trying to support and uplift idols in an industry that does not have any of their best interests in mind. i think the constant negativity surrounding a company does start getting targeted at its groups which is problematic and what i felt like was happening with lesserafim, so that was the point of this thread.

i don't "like" any of these kpop companies. but i won't speak on them unless i see them doing smtg that genuinely conflicts with my morals and values. just my own thoughts on that matter.

• very true. everyone is a hybe stan these days. i'm not stanning lesserafim just bc im an army and they're tangentilly related to bh. im stanning bc i've been waiting for yunjin to debut since pd48 tyvm

Again.. isn't that what happens to every big company?

You stan TWICE and were looking forward to NMIXX? JYP STAN!

You stan NCT and were looking forward to aespa? SM STAN!

• Again.. isn't that what happens to every big company?

ok, but what does it happening to other companies/groups have to do with lesserafim? does that make what im talking about "ok" because it "happens to everyone"?

and i honest to god never saw people calling aespa stans sm stans over aespa stan pre-debut. yes i do remember nmixx stans who preordered their album before the members were revealed "jype stans". but its not really comparable when lesserafim not only has previously debuted/known member but all of the member are revealed now and we even had snippets of their tittle track.

• ok, but what does it happening to other companies/groups have to do with lesserafim? does that make what im talking about "ok" because it "happens to everyone"?

and i honest to god never saw people calling aespa stans sm stans over aespa stan pre-debut. yes i do remember nmixx stans who preordered their album before the members were revealed "jype stans". but its not really comparable when lesserafim not only has previously debuted/known member but all of the member are revealed now and we even had snippets of their tittle track.

Of course it doesn't make it okay, but I don't see the point in acting like the whole of kpop has some nefarious plot to specifically target Hybe groups. I just find it funny that no one had this energy when it was happening to other groups.

As I've said before, it's fine to be hyped for Sakura, Chaewon, and the member who was on Produce, but people are already proclaiming them the best girl group ever and talking about biasing members who no one knows anything about... just like they do with every other group from a big company.

This isn't a special case. This isn't some anti plot. This is literally how kpop just is and all the handwringing in the world isn't going to change that.

• Of course it doesn't make it okay, but I don't see the point in acting like the whole of kpop has some nefarious plot to specifically target Hybe groups. I just find it funny that no one had this energy when it was happening to other groups.

As I've said before, it's fine to be hyped for Sakura, Chaewon, and the member who was on Produce, but people are already proclaiming them the best girl group ever and talking about biasing members who no one knows anything about... just like they do with every other group from a big company.

This isn't a special case. This isn't some anti plot. This is literally how kpop just is and all the handwringing in the world isn't going to change that.

i don't believe i did that by saying "is lesserafim getting hate bc they're lesserafim or bc they're from hybe". you interpreted my point the way you wanted to which is fair but im js. and who is "no one"? aespa stans fought tooth and nail for aespa and they won in the end since all of sk loves aespa now. i just think the flack lesserafim is getting is weird and i said as much. im sure aespa stans thought what aespa was getting was weird too. but im not an aespa or nmixx stan so im only going to talk about whats relevant to me

• and i honest to god never saw people calling aespa stans sm stans over aespa stan pre-debut

Because you weren't here i guess before aespa debut even on the AKP forum

everytime there was a thread about rumor of SMNGG (aespa) or the potential lineup

there was always tons of comments like " SM stan are so weird hyping the debut of a gg they don't know anything about" " Only sm stan care about this group " etc... and i miss a lot of comment of this type

and even when we got pre debut picture of Karina after she was reveal in Taemin MV we saw comments like " she's not even pretty but SM stan will hype her like she's the next it girl"

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Because you weren't here i guess before aespa debut even on the AKP forum

everytime there was a thread about rumor of SMNGG (aespa) or the potential lineup

there was always tons of comments like " SM stan are so weird hyping the debut of a gg they don't know anything about" " Only sm stan care about this group " etc... and i miss a lot of comment of this type

My bad then. I wasnt interested in aespa so I didnt search for content about them

I won't speak on things I don't know enough about.

• My bad then. I wasnt interested in aespa so I didnt search for content about them

I won't speak on things I don't know enough about.

it's okay

just saying that Aespa and aespa stans got lot of backlash for hyping Aespa pre-debut for nothing and i can talk about because i was here since the first second following SMrookies since Mickey mouse club

and nowadays looking at GG debuting now, i don't see much fans taking harsh comments for being interested in a GG predebut, for example a lot of Ppl show interest in NMIXX predebut but weren't label as JYP stan until they start to buy this blind package

or People who were always commenting about being hype for YGNGG and Hybe GG

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Again.. isn't that what happens to every big company?

honestly though, why is this so accurate.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in anons was countingme in as a "total hybe stan" because I am pretty much on every thread about Lesserafim and made some lexicons for them when in reality I am interested in lessearafim because of Sakura.

• I admit that a lot of big entertainment company’s group usually enjoy a hardcore fanbase that stan the groups even before they debut and I admit that this is sometimes annoying but Le Serrafim (how are they called?) literally has like 2 already popular idols (Sakura and Chaewon) plus an Ex-Produce contestant and people act as if people have lost their mind stanning a predebut group, like 50% of them have already debuted and are known (Sakura was even a Japanese idol lmao like she is the master of debuting with Hyuna). The whole Hybe shade is so weird to me. I guess people find it edgy to hate on anything bts, bighit or hybe related. Some criticism is justified but people literally don’t like ANYTHING. This reminds me of Nmix or Aespa when they debuted and people literally tried to torn them to shreds (especially Aespa). All in all, even though some of the criticism is justified, 60% is just compensation or a disguised anti-hybe hate boner, imo

Tl;dr: Why are people even bothering hating on a group that they won’t even stan or that has not even debuted? Like chill

• it's okay

just saying that Aespa and aespa stans got lot of backlash for hyping Aespa pre-debut for nothing and i can talk about because i was here since the first second following SMrookies since Mickey mouse club

and nowadays looking at GG debuting now, i don't see much fans taking harsh comments for being interested in a GG predebut, for example a lot of Ppl show interest in NMIXX predebut but weren't label as JYP stan until they start to buy this blind package

or People who were always commenting about being hype for YGNGG and Hybe GG

Imo, the reaction towards aespa (with the scandal of idk who it was back then and so on) and the reaction towards the new hybe gg are quite similar. People trashed aespa’s concept photos (they are seriously gorgeous) and the AI concept (i still don’t like it but people didn’t even give it a chance)

• I honestly dont get the hate train. I’ m no fan of ggs but i dont think their videos or photos are bad. They all look pretty Most hate comments abt them are just the result of hating on Hybe or threatened by their existence esp for gg stans . That’s how I see it.

Also, I find it weird that many are so againts a a big corporation. It’s okayto criticize but seriously some are under the delusion that they know better than those experts in the industry. Like hello, there is a reason why they are up there debuting idols that are loved by many and u down here just giving an opinion. 😂

• this isn't really true tho. people definitely went in on txt and enhypens looks similar to the recent thing about lesserafim's video today about how they look "different to their pics and are ugly". also the anti hybe sentiment has never been as bad as it is now. txt debuted before hybe was a thing. and enhypen was a survival show group so they slipped under a lot of radars at the time bc people didnt care about survival shows anymore.

eeh idk maybe i haven't paid attention enough to notice any big controversies with the boys but i still stand by my words. lesserafim being a gg plays a huge part in the amount of hate they're receiving and that's something that every big 3 gg experiences too, regardless of the company. the amount of hate aespa, itzy and nmixx experienced both pre- and post- debut is nowhere near what the 4th gen bgs from sm and jyp went through. people just like shitting on women for the smallest things without any good reason. but ig that's the price you need to pay to debut in a big company - all eyes are on you which is not always a good thing.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!