If you’re not a multi fan or casual listener of kpop, you’re not in it purely for the music

• I’m not referring to hard core stanning. Just causal fan. Meaning you literally don’t check out anything but your favs.

Also This doesn’t mean you’re favs have bad music.

But kpop is big there is a lot of good music to go around. So it was something very specific about your favs that attracted you to only THEM and not others who might also make good music or even similar music. Lots of these kpop groups recycle trends share producers even copy one another. You only liking one group means you are into it for something other than pure music. Group dynamics maybe? Variety content? Even looks. Whatever it may be it’s not pure music.

I’m not a music fan.

Things that usually catch my attention are great charismatic performances….this is a combination of good music, vocals, dance, outfits, looks, stage set up etc. Music is only a part of the reason here.

My best friend on the other hand is truly in it for the music. She truly enjoy Korean pop music. She will listen to anything if it’s catchy and appeals to her. I don’t do that for kpop mainly because kpop doesn’t offer anything that the west doesn’t already offer me. I’m not saying it’s of lesser quality, it’s just more of the same musically so I just stick to what I already know. There’s no like motivation to checkout something I have to go out of the way to access.

Anyway lot of people who stan only one group say “they’re purely in it for the music” no you’re not. And it’s ok to admit that Kek.

• I listen to lots of groups and lots of music in many different genres. It just so happens that I stan only one. So casual fan of others I guess?

Stanning to me goes beyond just enjoying the music - though that is a part of it too. I am following and supporting said artists for reasons beyond just hearing a song I like. In my case, I admire the people I stan for their message, artistry and bond. I have gotten to know them and honestly, something clicked for me. Though I can say I have very diverse tastes in music, that level of buy-in is unique for me. I've never stanned anyone else.

• I started out only caring for my faves but now on my 11th year as a kpop fan my appreciation for the whole

genre and culture really became deeper :cursing:

I now have different playlist each from 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd and now 4th.

I used to hate indie and ballad korean songs but now I jam with them :cursing:

Believe it or not, I also have trot songs in my music :cursing:

I think as you go on longer, you'll naturally start to venture into different kpop sounds and styles

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Very true. I've seen folks shading others for making noise music or saying they dont like retro or rock but then their faves come out with noise music or a rock or retro song and they're going bananas claiming they've just heard Mozart for the first time. :pepestare:

i call those remixed fart sounds

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Many people listen to music that is not mainly from kpop while stanning one or two kpop groups. Aka me. I have my fav artists/fav genres and it’s so happens that BTS is one of my fav ones whose music I like. not listening to many groups doesn’t mean I am not in it for music . I just don’t enjoy music from other kpop groups as much and I prefer to listen to other forms of Korean music/Asian /western music. everyone doesn’t have to be follow and like multiple kpop groups/songs to be considered being in it for music.

• I listen to lots of groups and lots of music in many different genres. It just so happens that I stan only one. So casual fan of others I guess?

Stanning to me goes beyond just enjoying the music - though that is a part of it too. I am following and supporting said artists for reasons beyond just hearing a song I like. In my case, I admire the people I stan for their message, artistry and bond. I have gotten to know them and honestly, something clicked for me. Though I can say I have very diverse tastes in music, that level of buy-in is unique for me. I've never stanned anyone else.

Some Hardcore Stan’s won’t listen to anything other than their favs lol. There really are people like that. Anyway that’s fine. You do you and all that. But when those same ppl claim they’re in it for the music is when I’m like nahhh no you aren’t lol.

• Many people listen to music that is not mainly from kpop while stanning one or two kpop groups. Aka me. I have my fav artists/fav genres and it’s so happens that BTS is one of my fav ones. That doesn’t mean I am not in it for music. I just don’t enjoy music from other kpop groups as much and I prefer to listen to other forms of Korean music/Asian music. everyone doesn’t have to be follow and like multiple kpop song to be it in for music.

Well I don’t personally think you’re in it for the music only (the keyword being only) even if you say you are but I don’t think we are going to convince each other lol.

• Well I don’t personally think you’re in it for the music only (the keyword being only) even if you say you are but I don’t think we are going to convince each other lol.

It’s okay nobody made anyone the god of opinions and facts. You can look at others perspectives or stick to your own opinions that doesn’t reflect anything about me, since only I know about me 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️.

• I disagree. It depends on your music listening habits.

I was a fan of The Beatles for more than 10 years without ever listening to other rock bands from the 60s. I wasn't an avid music listener, so I didn't feel the need to. I actually had to buy albums to listen to what I wanted, so if I was going to spend some money it better be on something I know I like.

Things probably work differently now with smartphones, streaming and internet everywhere so you can listen to anything anytime. But even in my first years of Spotify, I only listened to my favorite artists. Only in 2020 I began to use Spotify to discover new music.

• And then there are people that go the extra mile and not only refuse to listen to other kpop artists but they also declare to hate all of them and insist that everyone aside from their faves is literal garbage (this is a true story, not exaggeration)

How am I supposed to believe that this kind of people is into it for the music? They obviously are treating even their own faves as a pokemon lol

• I disagree. It depends on your music listening habits.

I was a fan of The Beatles for more than 10 years without ever listening to other rock bands from the 60s. I wasn't an avid music listener, so I didn't feel the need to. I actually had to buy albums to listen to what I wanted, so if I was going to spend some money it better be on something I know I like.

Things probably work differently now with smartphones, streaming and internet everywhere so you can listen to anything anytime. But even in my first years of Spotify, I only listened to my favorite artists. Only in 2020 I began to use Spotify to discover new music.

But I mean you just…agreed with me?

• And then there are people that go the extra mile and not only refuse to listen to other kpop artists but they also declare to hate all of them and insist that everyone aside from their faves is literal garbage (this is a true story, not exaggeration)

How am I supposed to believe that this kind of people is into it for the music? They obviously are treating even their own faves as a pokemon lol

I don’t know why ppl take it as an insult lol. I know for a fact that if I cared about kpop musically I’d be listening to a lot more stuff. I only care about exo for whatever reason and im completely fine admitting that lol.

• most of the people only for visual only lmao

if not this poeple wont be only listening to kpop but indie, trot, ballad or watever other korean music there is

• most of the people only for visual only lmao

if not this poeple wont be only listening to kpop but indie, trot, ballad or watever other korean music there is

I mean liking pop music doesn’t automatically make you a visual Stan lol. But that’s the thing : it’s pop music. That means there’s a lot of similar stuff so it’s not really believable that you only like exactly one of it Kek.

• Why are you acting like kpop is the only music genre in existence though? A lot of people listen to other artists outside kpop while only following the music of one specific kpop group.

• Why are you acting like kpop is the only music genre in existence though? A lot of people listen to other artists outside kpop while only following the music of one specific kpop group.

This only proves my point lol. Why only that one specific group why not the 10 other groups who make similar music.

It’s okay to admit you like your group for more things than just the music.

• This only proves my point lol. Why only that one specific group why not the 10 other groups who make similar music.

It’s okay to admit you like your group for more things than just the music.

I think the problem here is you think all kpop groups produce similar music for some reason so they all seem interchangeable to you.

I used to listen to Taylor swift a lot when she was in her country phase but never liked or listened to any other country music because I wasn't interested in it. Her music in particular is what touched me and not the genre she was from. So I guess I really don't understand your opinion on this.

• I think the problem here is you think all kpop groups produce similar music for some reason so they all seem interchangeable to you.

I used to listen to Taylor swift a lot when she was in her country phase but never liked or listened to any other country music because I wasn't interested in it. Her music in particular is what touched me and not the genre she was from. So I guess I really don't understand your opinion on this.

Taylor swift was barely country even at debut lol. She was always the country pop crossover. Pop music is a mix of genre and always has been. You don’t have to like the rest of country music but you probably like other pop artists.

Anyway I have nothing to add. People like that aren’t in it purely for music and that’s all I have to say.

• But I mean you just…agreed with me?

How? I was in for the music. It's just that listening to music wasn't what I did in my free time, so I never felt the need to explore further. I only listened to music in the car and that was enough for me. Only after I began listening to music in my free time was when I felt to need explore further.

If you don't listen to a lot of music, one K-pop group can be enough.

• How? I was in for the music. It's just that listening to music wasn't what I did in my free time, so I never felt the need to explore further. I only listened to music in the car and that was enough for me. Only after I began listening to music in my free time was when I felt to need explore further.

If you don't listen to a lot of music, one K-pop group can be enough.

Ok so we have different definitions. We are the same lol. I don’t listen to a lot of music and that’s why I consider myself to not be into things purely because of the music lol.

• Ok so we have different definitions. We are the same lol. I don’t listen to a lot of music and that’s why I consider myself to not be into things purely because of the music lol.

All I had were CDs, so music was all I have. I even bought The Beatles: Rock Band and went to a Paul McCartney concert.

It's just that I would rather spend my time and money playing and buying videogames than listening to and buying other artists' albums.

Now music is my main entertainment, so things have changed. I'm actually searching for new songs to enjoy.

• Kpop has never been only about the music.. It's a whole combination of visually appealing members, charismatic personalities, interesting content, attachment you feel towards a group. Personally to me the biggest factor is music so if I don't like the music I can't stan. At the same time, music isn't enough for me to stan, here come the other factors.

I listen to many groups, mainly 4th gen + blackpink but only stan enhypen

• To me 99% of human voices are annoying AF

I cant even tolerate hearing them talk let alone listen to them sing

Its like a HOLY MIRACLE there is a group I like all the 5 voices.

Vocals matter alot to me in a song

Aside from SHINee and a handful of other non-kpop artists I only listen to classical and instrumental music to avoid people's voices

Its kinda weird once in a while someone wants to write a doctrine why or why not people are into kpop

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• we have different concepts of what being a ''fan'' is then, for me to be able to call myself a ''fan'' of someone i need to feel a deep connection towards the members of the group on top of liking most of their music, only one group in kpop made me feel this way so far, the others i like some few songs here and there, add to my playlist and that's it, i don't feel a connection towards the group itself so i can't bring myself to call me a ''fan'' of said groups, also i listen to quite a lot of western artists music too so yeah i don't feel like i'm missing in anything music-wise living this way.

• same for me. u can always listen to music for free . but i can only stan one group. It means , i’m investing my time in voting, im buying albums/ merchs, watch online/offline concerts , their other contents or guestings etc. It’s hard to do that for all the artists that u casually like. I’m a casual fan of bts & bp but never bought any of their albums or merchs. it’s different for Enhypen.

1. I like all their their personality . I love Heeseung when i watched i-land and his passion for music. That’s the start.

2. But i dont think item 1 will make me spend a lot if i dont like their sound or music. All of their songs are BOP. I have so many favorites. I think i like that their music has some western influence and not totally korean sound that made it more appealing to me. And reason why, I hate gg music 😂.

3. They look so good on stage . Their charisma is overflowing. All of them are extremely goodlooking.

4. They are relatable, It feels like i want to protect them from monsters ( bashers/haters) around them. Since I watched them in I-Land, it’s easier to understand them, their struggles, their dreams. It’s easy to be loyal to them and see their growth as an artists.

Kpop has never been only about the music.. It's a whole combination of visually appealing members, charismatic personalities, interesting content, attachment you feel towards a group. Personally to me the biggest factor is music so if I don't like the music I can't stan. At the same time, music isn't enough for me to stan, here come the other factors.

I listen to many groups, mainly 4th gen + blackpink but only stan enhypen

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• and yet you stan Taemin, aka one of the most grating voices in all of kpop :pepe-peek::peperun:

Taemin had voice of an angle

He sounds good in every genre and style of singing

Literally don't even try to come for his voice

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If I see my spotify playlist:rock, western songs, Jpop, jrock, anime songs, our local musicians, jazz, yiruma, the piano guys, classics, kpop :pepe-notes:

But indeed when it comes to TXT, it was started from just liking their songs but now I'm also invested my time and money for them more than all musicians above. That might be the definition of stanning, it's not 100% about music but also performance, personality, lores, etc. While for the rest is just as casual listener.

• This thread contains 56 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!