Being a multi is awesome when it comes to music (also a music appreciation thread)

• Why? Being more open-minded to other groups, soloists, and other acts is so rewarding. You find so much music that you never would have heard otherwise.

I know I’m probably among the small minority, but when I check out a new artist in Korean music, I’ll check out all of their music, or at least a vast majority. Even if I don’t enjoy an album as a whole, I’ll usually discover 1 or 2 b-sides I adore. And for recent comebacks, I’ll keep a mental list of albums I haven’t heard yet (that reminds I need to listen to SuJu’s “The Renassiance” and Wendy’s “Like Water”).

This is not a “one group” stan bashing thread, but being limited to one group is not for me when there’s so much talent and excellent music from everyone.

Just this year I’ve discovered:

Yuqi - Bonnie & Clyde

ONF – Trip Advisor, The Realist (one of the best 2021 songs, period)

Oh My Girl – Swan

BTOB – Finale (Show and Prove)

T1419 – Asurabalbalta

TO1 – Son of Beast

Dreamcatcher – Wind Blows, New Days

PIXY – Let Me In

P1Harmony (a group I’m now looking out for) – Reset, End It, Pyramid, AYAYA

N.Flying – Moonshot

ASTRO – SNS, All Good

Everglow – Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

Fromis_9 – WE GO

Weeekly – After School

Oneus – Lion Heart, BLACK MIRROR, What you doing?

NCT Dream – ANL, Countdown, Diggity, Dive into You, Rainbow

ITZY – Kidding Me, Sorry Not Sorry

AB6IX – HEADLINE, CLOSE

Woodz – Rebound

Kang Daniel – Digital

IU – My sea, Coin, Troll, Ah puh

Ghost9 – UNO, Starvoy

OnlyOneOf – libidO, byredO

WJSN – New Me, SUPERMOON, Last Dance

MIRAE – KILLA, We Are Future, Higher

Drippin – Reach out your hands

Pentagon – DO OR NOT

WayV – Action Figure, Good Time

Wonho – Ain’t About You

Treasure – MMM (ROCK VER.)

Monsta X – Addicted, Secrets, Rotate, Heaven

(G)I-DLE – Hann (alone in winter)

I hope there are more gems from groups I don’t actively follow!

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 2 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• i liked your post before even reading it. Lol

I agree. Im not a multi stan per se, but im a casual kpop listener. Personally I think I would be so bored listening to only one group. Its nice to listen to a variety.

• Loved the Dream/WayV appreciation and your song picks. <3:froghype:

WayV has my favorite music of all the NCT units.

yaaaaaass taste my girl yuqi deserves, bonnie & clyde is a bop :pepemusic:

How to slay an English song by yourself, a tutorial by Song Yuqi.

i liked your post before even reading it. Lol

I agree. Im not a multi stan per se, but im a casual kpop listener. Personally I think I would be so bored listening to only one group. Its nice to listen to a variety.

Thanks for the like.

The amount of variety I've liked on Spotify makes putting my playlist on shuffle so much more fun.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I have only one question... WHY?

Because I can? This is a dumb question.

The taste jumped out :pepemusic:

P1Harmony is the dark horse of 2020 rookies musically, I haven't been this impressed since TXT honestly.

I recommend you check Purple Kiss and Majors! Hidden gems of the year!

I'll try Purple Kiss out, but I don't listen to many new GGs.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Definitely agree, kpop is a lot more fun when I can look forward to lots of different kinds of music instead of waiting around for one artist

Finding great songs from groups you wouldn't look at before is fun too, it's like hoarding a collection of hidden gems in a playlist

• it might be good for you but its not good for a

group to have a lot of multi fans. They throw their other favs under the bus if they get a new one to stan. They are really inconsistent and will not vote for you all time. They also tend to move on to another group if their favs go on hiatus.

:confused:

• Definitely agree, kpop is a lot more fun when I can look forward to lots of different kinds of music instead of waiting around for one artist

Finding great songs from groups you wouldn't look at before is fun too, it's like hoarding a collection of hidden gems in a playlist

I have so many songs I love from groups I'm not an active fan of. "Stanning" (the whole process of streaming, keeping up with contents, merch, buying albums, etc.) gets tiring once you hit 2-3 groups.

I just do listen to whole albums out of curiosity, and then I find an awesome song or several? Yes please.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• it might be good for you but its not good for a

group to have a lot of multi fans. They throw their other favs under the bus if they get a new one to stan. They are really inconsistent and will not vote for you all all time. They also tend to move on to another group if their favs go on hiatus.

This thread is about music appreciation, not "fandom loyalty" (which is a stupid concept, spearheaded by purists who feel superior for liking 1 group at a time).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Official Post

Appreciating the love for SNS and All Good! SNS is slowly chipping away at Moonwalk to become my favorite Astro B-side! :froghype:

I agree whole heartedly with your post! I legit love waking up every morning and hitting up YouTube for new music. I've some real gems of songs and groups that I may never have found on my own unless I was purposefully looking for them. I don't always check out the albums unless it's a group I'm familiar with or I was really impressed by their title track. I really should listen to more, but I just never find the time. :pepe-sad:

For me the best thing about being a multi or open to other groups is that there's always something going on. It just makes the whole experience fun for me. I love keeping up with comebacks and new releases and seeing live stages and award show performances. It's so much fun even if it's not a group I'm a huge fan of. :blushing:

• I think a lot of stans of single groups or artists often miss or wilfully ignore the fact that they person or group they idolise is usually a huge multi-stan themselves, always checking and loving and championing their predecessors and peers…

Bangtan are my ults, for sure, but I’ve never wanted to limit myself to one person or group or genre or even time period. Music is - and has always been - the greatest love, passion, and joy of my life. I want to suck up as much of that joy as possible.

• Appreciating the love for SNS and All Good! SNS is slowly chipping away at Moonwalk to become my favorite Astro B-side! :froghype:

I agree whole heartedly with your post! I legit love waking up every morning and hitting up YouTube for new music. I've some real gems of songs and groups that I may never have found on my own unless I was purposefully looking for them. I don't always check out the albums unless it's a group I'm familiar with or I was really impressed by their title track. I really should listen to more, but I just never find the time. :pepe-sad:

For me the best thing about being a multi or open to other groups is that there's always something going on. It just makes the whole experience fun for me. I love keeping up with comebacks and new releases and seeing live stages and award show performances. It's so much fun even if it's not a group I'm a huge fan of. :blushing:

And when you find a new group to become a fan of >>>>>>>>>

That's one of the best feelings I've felt during my time in the larger K-pop community.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I don't have the drive or really the time to pay attention to other groups bsides my faves. But I wish all artists a very good run and successful life.

And that's OK, not everyone has time or wants to put effort into hear new things. If you're more than happy with 1 group, that's your small happiness. No one should take that from you.

I think a lot of stans of single groups or artists often miss or wilfully ignore the fact that they person or group they idolise is usually a huge multi-stan themselves, always checking and loving and championing their predecessors and peers…

Bangtan are my ults, for sure, but I’ve never wanted to limit myself to one person or group or genre or even time period. Music is - and has always been - the greatest love, passion, and joy of my life. I want to suck up as much of that joy as possible.

I was exposed to very different music growing up, K-pop is nothing like it outside of a couple of songs. I've felt myself branching more towards hard rock and metal music this past year, and I never liked rock as a kid.

BTS is my ult group along with TXT, but there is music from all over to listen to. Why not try some out?

I like your attitude about music, it's very positive and life-affirming!

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread is about music appreciation, not "fandom loyalty" (which is a stupid concept, spearheaded by purists who feel superior for liking 1 group at a time).

Thats what I said though? I literally said good for you? But its not good for kpop groups because they rely on fandoms too much. Ifa groups fandom is consisted of multies ,that group will decline very early.

• I think a lot of stans of single groups or artists often miss or wilfully ignore the fact that they person or group they idolise is usually a huge multi-stan themselves, always checking and loving and championing their predecessors and peers…

Stanning a musician and being a casual listener are two different things. Don't mix them up please . You are literally insulting the true fans .

• Official Post

This tea though. I'm not a hardcore Oh My Girl stan but I considered My Doll to be the best KPOP bside this year until TXT came around with the collapse that is Frost. I also had Cinema on repeat even though I'm just a casual listener of CIX. There's just so much good music out there, even from smaller/lesser known artists. :blushing:

Thats what I said though? I literally said good for you? But its not good for kpop groups because they rely on fandoms too much. Ifa groups fandom is consisted of multies ,that group will decline very early.

I think you should make your own thread about that then. This has literally nothing to do with the thread or the topic at hand.

• Thats what I said though? I literally said good for you? But its not good for kpop groups because they rely on fandoms too much. Ifa groups fandom is consisted of multies ,that group will decline very early.

That's not relevant to this thread. This is an entirely separate discussion.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Me is taking notes to listen to all these songs mentioned:yesr:

Try The Realist first.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This tea though. I'm not a hardcore Oh My Girl stan but I considered My Doll to be the best KPOP bside this year until TXT came around with the collapse that is Frost. I also had Cinema on repeat even though I'm just a casual listener of CIX. There's just so much good music out there, even from smaller/lesser known artists. :blushing:

I think you should make your own thread about that then. This has literally nothing to do with the thread or the topic at hand.

This is why I trust you.

Also, Swan >>>>>>>>

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I agree! I try to limit the groups I stan but I like listening new groups.

And I also recommend purple kiss. I don’t like gg either, I only Stan G-idle and Purple Kiss. I just checked out they video because it was recommended but I didn’t regret it! They are so talented I was surprised that they just debuted. They debut mini album is great from back to front.

Groups I found these past month who’s future song I will check out

Ateez(kingdom effect, I don’t like all of they songs but they have some really good once)

Girls in the park (Never heard of them and never seen anybody talk about them but this song is so catchy I don’t know why lol)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tribe (rub-a-dum is just stuck in my head after I heard it lol)

• I was exposed to very different music growing up, K-pop is nothing like it outside of a couple of songs. I've felt myself branching more towards hard rock and metal music this past year, and I never liked rock as a kid.

BTS is my ult group along with TXT, but there is music from all over to listen to. Why not try some out?

I like your attitude about music, it's very positive and life-affirming!

:borahae:  :borahae:  :borahae:

I think your attitude is fairly similar to mine. If someone tells me they think I might like something, I’ll go in with an open mind and give it a shot. So yeah, might not like it, but what’s the worst that can happen?! You’ve used three and a half minutes! And you might end up finding something truly wonderful!

I’ll definitely be going down your list checking out some of the ones on your list that I’ve missed. Thank you for sharing! :*

• GWSN has one of the nicest discographies of recent GGs, try out their summer 2019 album. The title track is called Red Sun.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• oh wow but do you really stan all these groups or more like being a casual fan? Because I would say it looks more like you really stan only 2 groups :eyes:

I just listed songs this year I've liked from groups I don't stan. I stan more than 2 groups.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• GWSN has one of the nicest discographies of recent GGs, try out their summer 2019 album. The title track is called Red Sun.

Wait! GWSN is Girls in the park?? Then I seen them being talked about.

:cryingr:

I was thinking on checking them out because somebody recommended it on YouTube weeks ago. Lol It’s funny how I didn’t bothered but still randomly liked the song on the show.

• That's cool, I don't have the energy or time to stan other groups because bangtan is overdose but I'm never opposed to checking out a random song here or there, no harm no foul.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!