The Queendom complaints are weird as heck

• There are people complaining about popular groups going on the show & how that “takes away from a smaller/mid tier GG going on”

Uhmmm…. Did we forget AOA, Mamamoo, & G-Idle went on those shows? Even Bom who while not that big as a soloist, was part of the 2nd biggest Korean GG of the 2nd gen. Even Oh My Girl & Lovelyz were pretty notable

This isn’t Road to Queendom, this is Queendom. It would make no sense to have low low tier groups. The whole point is the best of the best competing to see who’s truly the best

And newer groups going on isn’t a problem either, cuz again, best of the best. And if a rookie group showed they can be amongst that, than they deserved their spot

Kep1er is doing very well, so they earned their spot (even then, they’re a CJE&M related group, they were gonna be on anyway cuz why wouldn’t they lol)

As for Viviz, they’re just as much still Gfriend as Highlight were still Beast, so I see no problem with them either

Then again, the Kpop community loves to complain about EVERYTHING! Nothing satisfies y’all, just angry & miserable always lol, like just enjoy

• Is there a final lineup? Who's going?

all rumors about line up wrapped up today

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yea Queendom is an interesting show in that it brings a dance of pride and emotion, and is perceived differently depending on the Stan and group.

For some it's a show for low tiers or dare I say "has beens" so they don't want their group involved as it would "bring them down" in their eyes.

In others it's an indication of ascension and a potential stepping stone so they want their fav to participate as it might bring them.greater opportunity. For these it's a marker that your group might have what it takes to be big-time.

So it's a lot of different things for different people.

Me? I'm juSt excited to see well known groups perform.

Seeing AOA and OH MY GIRL last time were highlights of that year in kpop. Their performances were sooooo good.

Loved it.

Can't wait to see who goes this time!

• the weirdest complain is

"let's do one comeback instead of participating in Queendom"

like Queendom literally is marketed as 'simultaneous comeback war' :D

it just depends how agency will utilize this :)

and also after SWF, SMTM success in 2021 not mention even BTS members watching Street Dance Girls Fighter with teenage crews...

being in 10 episode long MNet show will give those groups much more screentime and possibilities than some normie comeback with just a MV and regular music show performances

• The only downside of having a popular group is the high chance that this group is gonna win the competition based on popularity alone. Like Mamamoo in S1 who won to no one's surprise.

But, if you don't take the competition aspect too seriously and just go in for the unique stages and performances, then it doesn't matter really.

The performances are such a great aspect of Queendom.

Seeing all the wonderful stages and different approaches to songs is so cool.

• The only downside of having a popular group is the high chance that this group is gonna win the competition based on popularity alone. Like Mamamoo in S1 who won to no one's surprise.

It's true that MMM had a bigger support from the GP but I think you have a misunderstanding of things regarding Mamamoo fandom. In Korea OMG's fandom is bigger than Mamamoo's and on the international scene it was (G)I-DLE who had the biggest fandom. The Mamamoo fandom is not as big as many think, they actually have a very high popularity and a very good image with the GP.

• Sorry but I've huge doubt about some group being the best of the best :pepe-tea:

is obvious that the top of the top groups won't participate, mnet meant the next most popular, they called them trendy groups, i don't see how and where Queendom ended as smaller groups show trying to become popular, one of criteria is digital sales, there is no point for smaller groups to go when they don't even chart at all

This made me remember how CLC stans would complain how cube send Gidle instead of CLC, likely cube didn't send them but mnet invited them and CLC wouldn't suit the show

But, if you don't take the competition aspect too seriously and just go in for the unique stages and performances, then it doesn't matter really.

The point is not really winning this, omg and the Boyz didn't win and both gain either fandom or more public recognition. The shows are a make or break for groups that can put good performances, that's why itzy would suit it well they. They trend for said performance but it's obv by their last cmb #s that any grip they had with the GP lose way to much and they need it back

• The main difference is that Queendom more of a gamble on the investment vs. a comeback.

Most companies can forecast spending and revenue from a comeback before they go into it to know where they're gonna end up. With Queendom they're dumping a lot more money into these stages in the hopes that their group will profit from it in the long run.

• It's true that MMM had a bigger support from the GP but I think you have a misunderstanding of things regarding Mamamoo fandom. In Korea OMG's fandom is bigger than Mamamoo's and on the international scene it was (G)I-DLE who had the biggest fandom. The Mamamoo fandom is not as big as many think, they actually have a very high popularity and a very good image with the GP.

This is why I say Mamamoo before Queendom and the current situation of Itzy are not comparable and not the same, nobody is asking for low tier groups, mid-tier groups and some popular names but not so fandom-heavy will do the job.

• The main difference is that Queendom more of a gamble on the investment vs. a comeback.

Most companies can forecast spending and revenue from a comeback before they go into it to know where they're gonna end up. With Queendom they're dumping a lot more money into these stages in the hopes that their group will profit from it in the long run.

max budget for stage decoration in "Kingdom" per performance was bit less than 4500 USD

even if you would count 10 performances, which won't happen that gives you 45000 USD

on the other hand according to Hwasa to film MV you need at least 200000 USD,

difference is huge then, and remember that you need to also prepare album, photobook, photocards, print it all, as well as CD, and box for it, and poster

yes ok you can sell those and get some return but still in my opinion if we would count groups like Weki Meki or Momoland which have weak physical sales then for them it's much better to go and perform in Queendom 2 than to overinvest into things

another thing is that they might caught an eye of fashion companies, or some brands and get an CF offer, which will bring them needed money for the future promotions, or at least bring back this 'stage decoration' investment :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!