Jae's apology on stream

• I'm still conflicted but I thought I would share what he talked about on stream after his posted that apology on his twitter

Also please don't ask me what I feel or what are my thoughts about this whole saga. I just wanted to share this so people know and are updated to what happened after he posted his apology.

For people who want to know, do watch the entire video.

And no I'm not gonna tldr for anyone

• I believe that he feels bad, but I think ultimately it seems to have hit him because he had a very specific target instead of his broad insensitive comments in the past. I think we'll see how bad he feels about this by how he moves forward -- is he just saying the right things with the right level of contrition until it all blows over, or does he use his words more thoughtfully and carefully in the future? It's one of those actions speak louder than words.

I still primarily feel bad for Jamie and for MyDays, who already have gone through a lot of upheaval and this probably created a lot of confusing feelings.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• It's nice that he's apologetic but what is most concerning to me is how he genuinely thought it was all a joke and was acceptable behaviour especially towards your friend. If Jamie never called him out or if he had decided to make that "joke" about a random female instead he would have thought the backlash was all Twitter noise as usual and would have continued talking like that about women.

He was only made to understand this after his own friends called him out when it should be common sense not to go around calling women thots and slut shaming them for what they wear and how they pose. This shows just how normalized misogyny is for him and other men in the circles he immerses himself in.

• He needs to show that remorse and change and I hope he will. Let this be a growing experience for him. There are people who will never like him or believe in him anymore but if he shows the change, a lot of people will recognize it. He's been acting like a real tool and dumbass recently.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Edit: did he actually apologize or?

Dude was beginning to get cancelled.

By Dive, advertisers, kpop fans, Jamie etc.

I’m cynical. He apologized cause his career (or whatever he had) would be over.

But that’s my opinion based on how he has acted in the past.

I hope he finds peace and starts a career without slacking people off.

Edited once, last by Millano ().

• It's nice that he's apologetic but what is most concerning to me is how he genuinely thought it was all a joke and was acceptable behaviour especially towards your friend. If Jamie never called him out or if he had decided to make that "joke" about a random female instead he would have thought the backlash was all Twitter noise as usual and would have continued talking like that about women.

He was only made to understand this after his own friends called him out when it should be common sense not to go around calling women thots and slut shaming them for what they wear and how they pose. This shows just how normalized misogyny is for him and other men in the circles he immerses himself in.

this.

he's offended too many people and now this and it's the same song and dance everytime. just past the point of redemption imo.

This. It's good that he is remorseful about hurting Jamie and that he is working on his relationship with her, but I'm not convinced that he understands that it isn't just about Jamie. There were posters here who were also trying to say that this is just between him and Jamie too, but it's not. This was misogyny and he needs to examine his attitude about women in general and why he thinks it's funny to slutshame at all.

• If he apologized, then it’s good. As long as he doesn’t repeat it I think this was a leaning opportunity for him.

The thing about causal misogyny is that..it’s causal. It needs to be called out for people to realize. I can’t even count the amount of causal misogyny on this forum the past few days and the same people were coming for Jae which I found ironic lol.

Anyway hope he becomes better. That’s all I care about.

• Tbh I didn’t care about him or know who he was before this so my opinion about him is always going to meh. The only thing I cared about was how Jamie felt so I’m glad he did apologize and they’re going to talk about. Actually I am surprised he is willing to discuss it with her. I give him a small finger clap for that. Hopefully the talk goes well and he grows from it.

• I'm not gonna speak on this current issue, bc the general consensus (rightfully) is that he fucked up. Majorly so.

But I feel like kpop stans in general need to come up off of Jae. Kpop stans have this ugly habit of picking a disliked idol and making them significantly worse than what they actually are/did and justifying using that to torment them, usually trying to attach isms to it. I feel like a lot of the things I'm seeing that make him problematic are just overblown and exaggerated. Sometimes he says stupid shit, sometimes his jokes really don't hit, and sometimes he exhibits douchey behavior. It's really not much more too it than that

• Gonna be honest...I like DAY6, and even though he was not my bias, have always liked Jae and thought he was a cool guy. Even when he was getting a lot of hate for whatever reason, I still thought those people were just bullies and blowing small things up into something bigger than it was.

But this...this has really kind of turned me off? At first I was sad he may have left DAY6, but now, I'm thinking that may be for the best.

What he was thinking by calling her a thot (which is basically a hoe), I have no idea, and I will never know.

I have gone from liking him to being neutral. Like, I don't like him anymore, but not going to hate him either.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Still need help confirming what an incel this dude is? Lmao.

• not at this almost 30 years old man being surprised that his friend's feelings were hurt after he publicly called her thot and came after her character and laughed at her for a great while in front of hundreds of people. Boy bye

• Well, he better count his blessings to kingdom come if she forgives him. And I hope at his age this is sincere and he really does feel this bad and isn't saying it just to say it. Only time will tell. Actions speak louder than words. As i stated I dont' know him or Day6 but what he said is extremely derrogatory if he in fact feels like shit, which his tone of voice appears to be that he does, than i hope he does learn from this. I believe in 2nd chances, even though this guy seems to have prior controversial things he's done, everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves and learn from mistakes. Hopefully this is a wake up call he needed and he becomes a better person overall.

• I'm glad he apologized and hopefully he means it continue acting in this way.

I also hope his recent actions is a result of the circumstances he is placed in and not a result of his personality. Not trying to defend the guy and I certainly don't know much about him besides the hour of video I've seen.

Given what I understand of the situation in recent months, maybe longer? the guy has a lot of pent up frustration over what he passionately wants to do and what he couldn't. The industry and the way it operates slowly tore him down inside until he reached his breaking point.

I understand it, sometimes life does this. The way he chose to react to it is wrong but we've all acted on emotions before and acted in ways we shouldn't. We've all done this in real life, in our jobs, in our relationships, etc. It's an emotional reaction, it's a desperate call for help and the need for others to understand him.

Again, I'm hope that's what it is and not just "that's how his true personality is"

• Hey icyruios, you seem to know about this. This is one single incident or the guy have a historial?

There's some linked to information in the thread Golden_Wishes started yesterday... I don't recall where exactly, maybe the 9-12 page range?

I know you don't have any ill intent, but just using your comment to say broadly: as the forum's resident Primadonna when all that shit when down with Jonghun, it would have been really upsetting to be called out to speak about how I felt. And I don't want to speak for Icy, but as the forum's resident MyDay, I don't want to risk putting her in that situation either, when she's already keeping us all up to date as she feels able. <3

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• In 2022, it would be a good look to see the beginnings of a transformation into a more mindful Jae. It's an ideal time to tap into personal intuition and empathy to potentially see, feel, and understand things from a different and more connected perspective especially between men and women. No judgment from me; just compassion.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Looking at his body language and his whole demeanor, the tone of his voice etc, he really seem apologetic and remorseful, it does seem like he understood the gravity of his actions. Casual misogyny is often overlooked and unlike overt misogyny often not called out. Sometimes people do things not realizing how bad it actually is until people close to him call them out on it. This was hopefully a wake up call for him to do better in future. Also I hope he and Jamie can talk this out… the fact that she is willing to talk to him in person is a good sign for him I guess.

I also hope he will take some help for his mental condition and doesn’t use social media to cope ( nothing good ever comes out of it) cause he doesn’t seem ok to me.

• Looks like this might be the wake-up call he's been needing. He definitely understands how shitty he's been.

I really, truly, sincerely hope that this is a turning point for him.

• From what I saw he says I f*cked up for thousand times and that didn't knew Jamie would react like that, also how he disappointed people, feel bad etc. blah blah
    But still no explanation or why does he think that was wrong? Or maybe I missed it. I feel like he only knows he f***ed up because of the backlash.

I'm disappointed because I read/saw countless of his interviews, and I knew he struggles with kpop industry and trying to fit into it, but he still seemed like a smart guy, willing to talk about some things others avoided, like mental health etc. A lot of times things he said were taken out of cotext or it seemes like he was misunderstood, but it's showing that maybe not. I know he's not ok, far from it, that's why I don't want to be too harsh with him, but for me, he can't fix this, he showed his true self and his attitude towards people in those clips. I hope he just removes himself from the entertainment industry (I think it would be good for him) and try to figure out what he actually wants and what was wrong with things he did.

I also want to say that even if he's like that, that doesn't mean everything he ever said or did was wrong and bad, it's never just black and white.

Also people demanding from his or Day6 fans to explain things is unacceptable, they're not accountable for his actions, let them be to figure out with time what they think about all that.

Edited once, last by keaji ().

• I haven’t ever cancelled anyone but I don’t think an apology is gonna cut it for this guy so #cancelled. He apologized because he would of been far beyond just cancelled if he didn’t. It’s not like he had any choice at the end of the day sooo.

Yah no. I’m glad he at least had the decency to apologize but this doesn’t change my own opinion of him after knowing his track record. Not to mention the fact he was caught in a lie acting like he had no idea what his own words meant

4F84B763-6312-4CB2-A17E-F8DB2E8023D7.gif

• External Content twitter.com

External Content youtu.be

Yeah

That’s not an apology.

I messed up, he said.

Respons on twitter :pepe-hehe:

• I already said this in the other thread, but maybe this was the wake up call he needed. Again, incredibly sad he had to hurt a close friend before he realised he was crossing lines.

He has eliminated a lot of people already with his behavior, which is totally fair & completely their call, but he still has people rooting for him/willing to see him better himself.

Hope he seeks the help he might need and that his promises to do better will be reflected in his actions.

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!